It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking the case of the Nazis’ stolen art

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

'During a war”, Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering informed his interrogators at Nuremberg, “everybody loots a little bit.” It was a statement so preposterously self-serving as to be darkly comic. Goering had profited from perhaps the greatest organised art theft in modern history, one that continued for years and was supervised by an agency of the German state, and removed colossal quantities of paintings, sculptures and other items from occupied Europe (26,000 railway wagons of it from France alone). Yet more was snatched from museums and collections in Germany itself.

Cracking the case of the Nazis’ stolen art

In this case I am happy they were looted by Nazis instead of Islamo-fascist,for they would certainly would have been destroyed alot of this was supposedly degenerate art but according to the article some Nazi big whigs stored it away as a nest egg for hard times and it's always with the Banks,they have no conscience,a lot of the world's treasure are still in the hands of looters or their descendants.

Btw have anyone here read the book Gold Warriors by Sterling and Peggey Seagrave about Yama#a's gold'.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Previously posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate to plug my own threads. The circumstances around the man who was holding them is odd, so was his lifestyle leading up to his old age, and how the art was stored.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised were some pieces discovered either hidden away, and/or forgotten about in someone's attic whereabouts Argentina; where many Nazis fled.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Spider879

Previously posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate to plug my own threads. The circumstances around the man who was holding them is odd, so was his lifestyle leading up to his old age, and how the art was stored.

Oh fiddle sticks..
.. nothing popped up in search before I made this thread but you were ahead of me.the mods will close this one so everyone should go to your thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Me, either. Here's one example where such a thing happened a few years ago:

www.spiegel.de...

top topics

join