It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trans* ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DanZek

Dear DanZek,

Please understand that most trans people are at their core ARE the other gender. There are some people who are in between and there is not ANYTHING strictly black and white in this world. Even though it can appear that way from certain perspectives and experiences, nothing is black and white.

We are all human beings and if a woman has the right to get breasts augmented for cosmetic reasons, or people with piercings, tattoo's and other body augmentations are allowed to do this then how can you tell someone that they should not change their body to fit what they need to be happy?

I do not take this lightly and it should not be taken lightly. One needs to meditate on this t great length before proceeding. These ARE serious surgeries and you have to be a consenting adult to get them done. For most trans people they face great emotional turmoil and pain that causes depression, anxiety, self-harm, and often suicidal behavior.

It has been proven that medical treatment involving hormone therapy and transition surgeries can be very beneficial in treating this. Here in Canada you are also screened for schizophrenia to make sure that it is not part of a multiple personality or other mental illness of that kind.

There is still struggle and depression at times and maybe I personally will never understand what it is to be a "typical man" or a "normal man" in the eyes of most people or have the experiences that most men might have had. But I am a man I try my best to be good and kind person and treat everyone respect.

It is true some people do regret the surgeries and hormone treatment but that is not very common and when it does happen they are adults and need to accept the mistake and can make efforts to reverse what they can.

This is just barely scratching the surface on the matter.

Sincerely,

Romuloxreturns

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DanZek

Although your argument holds water, much like a leaky pot, I have to tell you a little story.

When I was about 5 or so, just starting school, I decided to cut my eyelashes off because all of the cartoon male cartoon characters I'd admired didn't have any.

I only managed to snip the tips off of my left eye before my mom caught me, thinking I had stuck the scissors in my eye. I tried telling her that I was only doing it because I wanted to be a boy like Simba (Lion King was still pretty popular at that time). She told me to stop doing that.

Though it wasn't as damaging, some people go to even greater lengths to ease their dysphoria...with careful looking, you can find tales of people even mutilating themselves because they hated their wrong bodies so much.

It's a big step that you can never go back, but transitioning helps us not destroy our bodies, but become something new.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

DanZek

Really? Really?, you have no idea my friend. Its not about DNA and the impossibility of being one or the other, its about feeling who you really are, get rid of your narrow mindness and concentrate for one second at least, perhaps you won't or can't because you know who you are and where you want to be. Step one day in my or Toast's shoe's (i wish we could swap) and see how you feel ....... oh i forgot, it's all about DNA .......... BS, go away

The fact that you are to emotionally involved is evident from your post. You cannot keep yourself from insulting someone who has an oposite view.

And NO I will not Go away. Many people that responded to Toast talked about the ATS 'family'. Well I guess its only a family if everyone agree's.

As for being narrow minded, what do you know about me that allows you to judge that? I'm not narrow minded, I'm disagreeing. If you think that is narrowminded then you are in the place.

Insulting? where have i done that in my response to you, please point it out! narrow mindnestless, i agree, i dont know you so i should have chosen my words more carefully, apologies. You can disagree all you like and i appreciate your comments, however, you have not (i don't think) found yourself in this situation, at the end of the day ...... its not about DNA, Biology etc. I know what you are saying, but it is definitely not as black and white as your post suggests, DNA my arse

edit on 14-11-2013 by DanZek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DanZek

I understand how you are feeling, DanZek. Please ignore the haters.

They can't possibly understand what it is like to live as a gender they always knew they belonged to.

How could there ever be anything wrong with the way a biological being is? The very thought is completely absurd!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Subnatural

then obviously, you seem to fit your body.

I don't.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Be yourself and do what makes you happy. Life is too short not to..

Best Wishes..

Purp..

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by Subnatural

then obviously, you seem to fit your body.

I don't.

You misunderstand me. I was trying to be sarcastic in my reply to the other post, but clearly I failed.

I am absolutely not against trans people. I think gender is a social construct, sort of. I think sex is a biological fact, but like any biological fact it is subject to randomness and change, and interpretation. And we, as individuals, are the only ones who can truly define what we are or what is right for us, or how we view others. Otherwise we are slaves. Not to the others who define, but to the arbitrary morals which define the opinions of the others.

No one has a right to say that you are absolutely a woman. What would that even mean? This is arrogant and absurd. Yes, you are biologically a "woman", but what does that mean? It's just a definition, a tool to make social life easier. But tools should adjust their shape when needed. And some tools should be discarded.

And I sort of know how you feel. I just never had the courage to admit it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join