It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why my experience in California changed my opinion on politics permanently

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

FyreByrd
reply to post by Em2013

Yipee - more for us that are here in the 7th largest economy in the world. Yipee Taxes and Regulation work. Not even Ronald Reagan (of sainthood fame) nor Enron nor Da Arnold could bring us down.

Usually it takes a good earthquake to chase the out-of-towner outs.

Sorry you didn't like the place - it is expensive but always interesting.

It also brought the world Nixon, so theres that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Em2013
For one, I started thinking humans as ants and it's a dog eat dog world where you have to be at the top to enjoy life. I clearly don't believe this anymore...

When I snapped out of it I realized how shady this whole thing was and quit. I didn't want any more part of it because it was bad for the people and people deserve better. I also convinced the board of directors to quit as well, which left the president with only low-tier staff. Needless to say he shut his doors, so I think. This was many years ago, about 5 years. But you can see how corporations can easily involve themselves into politics with crooked incentives and the government will bite. People are easily screwed by the big guys or the small guys with big ideas to convince investors to do something shady.

Some wise bearded fellow once said "By the people, for the people". I think we should all follow that philosophy because we become divided without it.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Em2013 because: fixed typo

An excellent post.
I feel the same as well, where our society and the way we are doing things has become more empty and soulless, chasing the dollar no matter who it harms to get there. It was not always this way either in America's past when it only took one person in the family to support it no matter the skill level they were at. Now we all work to inflate the stock market for the investor class.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Woops,
meant priusses where i said PRIONS

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

benrl

FyreByrd
reply to post by Em2013

Yipee - more for us that are here in the 7th largest economy in the world. Yipee Taxes and Regulation work. Not even Ronald Reagan (of sainthood fame) nor Enron nor Da Arnold could bring us down.

Usually it takes a good earthquake to chase the out-of-towner outs.

Sorry you didn't like the place - it is expensive but always interesting.

It also brought the world Nixon, so theres that.

Oh that's right - I forgot the Trickster.

California is a Weird Place. Yeah too many Shishters (can't spell) and Swindlers - but a whole lot of Angels too.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I agree with allot of what you said. What really angers me is the way illegals are treated like first class citizens. I have lived here 6 years and grow more and more angry each time I see them get away with something I could not get away with. Driving with no Insurance $50 dollar fine. No license $50. Then they do not even DEPORT them. Of coarse starting next year, you no longer have to be a US citizen to drive here. You can hop the boarder and get a license.

However, I am going back to Chicago for a week and the weather here in LA is Low 80's all week as opposed to Mid 30's...LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

our experiences in life are dictated by the the choices we make, you chose to surround yourself by aholes and now you blame a chunk of land for you past bad experiences. bad form.

Ive done my time in California and it is one of the most versatile rich lands in the world, just like anywhere else there are aholes but just as anywhere else there are good people, some of the best people i have meet are from cali.

and to those of you hate on California without even visiting please dont come.

and those of you who whine about all the laws and bans on things, why does it matter? If a Californian really wants something illegal or not, there is enough resources to procure what ever you want and legal loopholes to obtain what ever you want, and there is enough space and freedom to do whatever you want. The laws put in place are just there to weed out the bad seeds. Everyone else is free to do as they please and do so on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As a native of "tax and spend" Maryland, I feel your frustration. Democratic states are making it harder and harder to etch out a living in them. As soon as I have enough experience working at my current job to put it on my resume as decent work experience, I plan on vacating this state (that is if the country still exists by then).

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Or you could just move to Washington State or Colorado and get all the natural beauty with none of the bozo regulations and taxes.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

The only, and I mean only reason I would ever go back to CA, is for Disney Land.
The rest of the state is a craphole.

It is the pinnacle of what progressive policies will do to a state, on its way down the sewer.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

I agree with 99.99% of your OP. However, I would like to counter your stance on voting...

1) 50% of the population is dumber than the average citizen.

2) There are no safeguards set in place to counter the types of influence money can buy.

3) And lastly... it is not the VOTE that counts... but... Who counts the VOTE!!!

Good thread!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

i didnt say any thing about buety. you did, that is just a side effect of california.

reply to post by macman

if you believe Disney land is the best part of California, than you are truly lost.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

olaru12
"I'm fortunate to be able to live in a state that's 1hr away by air"

"If you can't run with the big dogs....stay on the porch!!"

ATS has turned in such a festival of whining.
edit on 10-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

It would seem that the OP, myself and many others are unable to 'run with the dogs'

It also appears that you are also equally as inept. Otherwise you'd of packed up and moved there, rather than being a frequent flying carpet-bagger.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

kurthall
I agree with allot of what you said. What really angers me is the way illegals are treated like first class citizens. I have lived here 6 years and grow more and more angry each time I see them get away with something I could not get away with. Driving with no Insurance $50 dollar fine. No license $50. Then they do not even DEPORT them. Of coarse starting next year, you no longer have to be a US citizen to drive here. You can hop the boarder and get a license.

However, I am going back to Chicago for a week and the weather here in LA is Low 80's all week as opposed to Mid 30's...LOL

I got hit by a driver that was an illegal immigrant. He was driving his friend's car without photo ID and could barely speak English. I called the cops and they said they were too busy. My insurance said that because there were no cameras to document this, everything was my fault and the documents that the illegal gave me were all wrong, including the license plate.

My mandatory California insurance went up by $30 a month for a ding on my own car which I don't have insurance for myself, but for others. They claimed it was raised because I was involved in an accident and that changed my rates. Insurance groups are scams and they lobby states all the time. Soon you'll be forced to have insurance no matter where you live! Oh wait, Obamacare is like that... We're doomed

edit on 11-11-2013 by Em2013 because: fixed typo

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Lipton

olaru12
"I'm fortunate to be able to live in a state that's 1hr away by air"

"If you can't run with the big dogs....stay on the porch!!"

ATS has turned in such a festival of whining.
edit on 10-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

It would seem that the OP, myself and many others are unable to 'run with the dogs'

It also appears that you are also equally as inept. Otherwise you'd of packed up and moved there, rather than being a frequent flying carpet-bagger.

An inept carpet-bagger!! I don't think I've been called that before...

I made a fortune with the big dogs in California in the 80s. I now am in the enviable position of living anywhere in the world I chose and still run with the big dogs. There is this new fangled thing called the internet that allows one to take care of business in paradise, sipping on a cool Corona and watching bikini babes frolic in the surf. I hate the traffic in Cal.

If you got the savvy, education, skill and drive; you could do it too. America is still the entrepreneurial capital of the known world. It helps to be able to think, work hard, and work smart. Why don't you join us rather than wasting your time thinking up clever names to call people; however it could work to your advantage. We welcome the competition!! Start here....Everyone has a story to tell....

www.celtx.com...

edit on 11-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
California has a lot to offer your kidding yourself if you think it doesn.t

Create your experience.

Yeah the politics suck. Get involved and get the word out.

Northern California north of San Fran is absolutely wonderful and amazing.

Socal does however suck, desolate desert and A-holes around every corner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join