It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Battle of Chernobyl Uncensored (Full)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The True Battle of Chernobyl Uncensored (Full)

Uploaded on Mar 14, 2011

"Nobody was prepared for such a crisis. For the next seven months, 500,000 men will wage hand-to-hand combat with an invisible enemy -- a ruthless battle that has gone unsung, which claimed thousands of unnamed and now almost forgotten heroes. Yet, it is thanks to these men that the worst was avoided; a second explosion, ten times more powerful than Hiroshima which would have wiped out more than half of Europe. This was kept secret for twenty years by the Soviets and the West alike."

edit on 10-11-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

And that is just one:, in japan there is 4! that have gone that way. How bad it is there we will never know just as in Russia we will never really know how bad it is, the one in Russia is inland the one in japan is at at the ocean, the land and waters are now a lethal, deadly mix. and some say nuke power is safe. tell that to the men that have to get in there and clean this mess up.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201310 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201310 by bekod because: line word edit

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't have to time to watch it right now, but because this is the USSR we're talking about I have to wonder - How many of these men chose to fight this battle and how many were ordered to do it?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Thanks for posting, I've seen it but it's well worth another watch.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
New safe sarcophagus - confinement over the existing and unsafe sarcophagus of the reactor #4

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Some documentary's about Fukushima ..

On Fukushima Beach

Andrew Ebisu

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I noticed if you start the video at 8:50 and just listen there for a little bit, he talks about the metallic acrid taste of radiation. I live in Montana, USA.This summer I was outside and tasted what he described. It was only for a few seconds that I tasted it outsidde. I went inside right away. I brushed my teeth thoroughly (with flouride free-toothpaste!) and rinsed my mouth out 6 times. The metallic taste went away, but I didn't take any iodine because I didn't have any of that around the house and I didn't go back ousside that day!

The strangest thing about all of this is Montana is not "supposed" to be a state with reactors. I noticed in the video how one of the people being interviewed said there were a lot of secrets that had been kept in the USA and in Russia about much smaller accidents/undisclosed projects.

I don't have a Geiger counter of any sort, so I could not verify if indeed this was any sort of radiation. I know there is no way to prove whether it was radiation or not for me.

It just raised the question in my mind watching this: How many secret radiation projects of different sorts happen around the world that we do not know about that MIGHT put a person at risk???

edit on 11/10/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Removing Fuel Rods Poses New Risks at Crippled Nuclear Plant in Japan

By HIROKO TABUCHI
Published: November 10, 2013

In the next 10 days, the plant’s operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company, is set to start the delicate and risky task of using a crane to remove the fuel assemblies from the pool, a critical step in a long decommissioning process that has already had serious setbacks.

Just 36 men will carry out the tense operation to move the fuel to safer storage; they will work in groups of six in two-hour shifts throughout the day for months. A separate team will work overnight to clear any debris inside the pool that might cause the fuel to jam when a crane tries to lift it out, possibly causing damage.

“We are making our final preparations,” Naomi Hirose, the president of the company, known as Tepco, said at a news conference on Friday. “We hope to be done by the end of next year.”

“There are potentially very big risks involved,” Shunichi Tanaka, the head of Japan’s nuclear regulator, said last week. “Each assembly must be handled very carefully.”

www.nytimes.com... times&_r=0

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Can you artiiculate for me why they are working in 2 hour shifts?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I can answer that for you.
Exposure time. They are only allowing the workers to be exposed to radiation in the plant for two hours at a time. The longer you are exposed to radiation, the higher the dose you will receive. So to control the exposure, you have to limit the time spent in the radioactive area.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

bekod

And that is just one:, in japan there is 4! that have gone that way. How bad it is there we will never know just as in Russia we will never really know how bad it is, the one in Russia is inland the one in japan is at at the ocean, the land and waters are now a lethal, deadly mix. and some say nuke power is safe. tell that to the men that have to get in there and clean this mess up.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201310 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201310 by bekod because: line word edit

Those people should be arrested and deported to clean up the mess they keep saying is "safe"..
Let's just hope Japan grows up fast and act like that, not like the childish way they have been trying to ignore this super problem. With 3 full blown meltdown's and one reactor with FRESH nuclear material now being emptied out for the risk of another big quake to make things much more worse then they have been, still we don't know 1/10th of the whole story or the details of it. Damn political ignorance!

Who ever thought it would be a good idea to give Japan the opportunity for nuclear power was really the most ignorant of them all. What a surprise things are going like they are going in a country where even the most high political figure is nothing more then a big ignorant child with his eyes on the money.
edit on 11/11/2013 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Fukushima Daiichi Disaster In Comparison To Chernobyl

Arnie Gundersen/Fairewinds Associates:

Fukushima Revisited: Chernobyl on steroids - Arnie Gundersen

top topics

join