It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RANT!!!! Yeah, I gotta rant for ya.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
God, source, whatever the hell life force that pulsates and flows through all of us is in a constant state of change and evolving, and I'm pretty certain that force of divinity doesn't give a damn about sending us to hell for questioning his existence or believing a book. Maybe we are not even on his radar we are so insignificant. or God is waiting for us to grow up, knock the training wheels off (religion) and get real with the possibilities of the universe and spirituality.

One of the posters said something about Christians needing to "prove" that souls exist, why the hell does having a soul mean you have to be Christian? Souls in my eyes are just what we are, a misunderstood force that occupies the body and animates the physical. You don't need to preach this guilt crap about hell, and quote verses vehemently without thinking for yourself to believe in a soul. If science advances in a way that it acknowledges or proves the spiritual realms as valid and real as ours, we wouldn't have all this stigma surrounding spirituality and religion would cease to exist.

To the bible people getting all hurt about this guys rant, lighten up and have some #ing humility for Christs sake. Admit it, none of us have a #ing clue what this reality is and why we are here, we only have our own ideas and possible glimpses into the divine. To build an entire religion on the foundation of a glimpse and a few teachings of common sense.. and then condemn people to hell for thinking differently you are really condemning yourself, as well as the message you claim to be truth and divine in nature. Lighten up and open your minds to the possibilities!

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Char-Lee
reply to post by Em2013

If I go into that topic, it'll be full of "mark of the beast" and quotes from the bible.

So they said it you scanned by it and moved on? Where is the problem.

I've said it before, the problem is that they should not go in the science forum. They are the ones invading OUR turf. They make a rant on how science is plagued with evil etc... I honestly think it really should be marked "off-topic" or at least a rule that if you're in the science section you're not allowed to turn it into an evangelical thread but rather you're free to create such a thread in the religion section. If only it was a simple reply, it's not so bad but then there are debates that go on that are entirely unscientific and derails the thread entirely. They are basically terrorists of the science forum.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was brought up Greek Orthodox. Extreme Catholicism! To give you an idea of my upbringing, there are 5 of us brothers all together. David, Paul, Matthew, Mark, and John. I am Matthew. When I turned 11, I rebelled as a catholic. I had a boat load of questions, with very few answers. All I was told was just to have faith.

Catholicism was forced down our throats! Nowadays, my brothers Dave, Paul, and Mark, don’t want anything to do with religion! It is only my brother John and I who still have faith. And we both consider ourselves Christians who more or less pray in the closet. We don’t run around preaching to the world. If anyone wants to talk about Christianity, than we will do so. We keep religion to ourselves.

Like many other posters have addressed, Just skip over the threads. You don’t have to read them if you don’t want too..

edit on 12-11-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I find this works pretty well too.

or some good ol fashioned burzum
edit on 13-11-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I'll agree that some people like to impose their faith a little to strongly on others. But that being said, you don't have to read those posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Guess some people are afraid the 'christian' might rub off.

Kind like the same way 'gay' might rub off.

This is just sad.

Why yes 'we' must silence all thought opposite of our own beliefs.

Heaven forbid people actually being able to make up their own minds about anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

kx12x

Let me guess you get all huffy puffy when someone says "merry Christmas" instead of happy holidays?
I don't remember there being a requirement on ATS that you have to read every thread posted on here. It's simple really, don't read threads you don't want to see. Problem solved.

Nice you proved his point on the second post. A new world record....oh wait.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I completely understand where you are comeing from and for the most part agree with you. Don`t get me wrong there are some decent christians out there as well but the bible thumpers are more loud and annoying then the decent believers and in my books attempted conversion is just vile as it`s the origional version of whichcraft and technically a crime. If a person comes seeking to convewrt or learn then that is another matter; they just shouldn`t shove it down people`s throats.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh I see the light that Shamu can dooo! I`ll take a pamphlet if you don`t mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I must agree with the Op about you with what you say here. It is always decent of oneself and others to always question what one knows and add to one`s repertoire of knowledge and one can`t really do that properly with always staying in your comfort zone without somone challenging one`s veiws.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Who is this Pepsi you speak of?
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It's obvious Christian Mingle.com isnt working the way it should. Way to many of them have way to much time on their hands. Can't get out and spread the gospel....I'll go on the interwebs and save some souls be damned. And they get damn uppity when you ask as simple bible question and expect a serious answer VERSUS a long winded reply laden with bible dribble that has nothing to do with what was asked. They DO NOT USE LOGIC AS THE REST OF US DO.

I've learned to just ignore the serious bible bribble philosopher. Logic and religion...now there's an oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

nergalbanda1
reply to post by Em2013

Who is this Pepsi you speak of?
2nd line.

You haven't heard of the good word? Let me tell you all about our lord and Savior, Pepsi Cola. But first, please learn to use multiple quotes in a single post instead of replying multiple times. =X

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

My apologies yeah I gotta work on that multi quote thing. Just noticed the wall of posts and yeah... I`ll see about getting on that.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ugh... get over it.

They really are tying to help people, you know.

They aren't going out of their way to piss you off.

Its just a fashion statement to bash believers. And its really old.

Doesn't make you look interesting or cool, OP.

The sooner this fad dies, the better.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

meaning there are people who seeing the problem

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

there is soul but....................... apart that people are brainwashed

<< 1  2   >>

join