It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's deputy minister assassinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

In a shocking turn of events, Iran's deputy minister of industry, mines and commerce, Safdar Rahmat-Abadi, has been assassinated.

By Dalga Khatinoglu - Trend: Iranian deputy minister of industry, mines and commerce Safdar Rahmat-Abadi was assassinated on November 10, IRNA reported. According to the report, the unidentified men shot him when he was in his personal car in Golbarg Street, Tehran. Rahmat-Abadi is the parliamentary deputy of Industry, Mines and Commerce Ministry. The report says that his head and breast were targeted by gunmen.

The very same day high level meetings in Geneva produced no solid agreement on Iran's nuclear aspirations, this happens. Coincidence, or by design?

He was quoted on November 2nd 2012 in this story:
Iran’s Exports of Industrial Products Up 40%, Official Says

And again on Dec 17th 2012:
Almost 30,000 industrial estates operational in Iran

Related?

Here was a government official single-handedly helping the Iranian economy, creating jobs, and working around international sanctions.

Now he's dead.

Cui bono? (Who benefits?) Who would most directly benefit from taking out a person that is helping common Iranians, and their country as a whole?

Possibly the most vocal proponents of sanctions. Those who do not want to see Iran succeed in any way as a nation. Those who would rather see war, or at least a war of espionage, instead of direct mutual understanding and engagement through negotiations.

I don't have the answers, but I have my suspicions. And they're leading us on a path of war, whether we like it or not. It just remains to be seen how far they'll go.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Star and flag..

for false flag review!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Amazing that as soon as someone, in a high ranking political position, starts or has been helping people and not attending to the elite agendas...........they are mysteriously assassinated.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Israel anyone?
Just a wild guess but the first one that popped into my head.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?

That was my first thought as well but then Saudi Arabia swiftly followed it.

I'll vote SA.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I understand where you think the hit might have come from however there are many in the region who want Iran taken out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.ipsnews.net...

WASHINGTON, Oct 23 2013 (IPS) - New and unexpected strains in Washington’s ties with two of its closest Middle Eastern allies — Saudi Arabia and Turkey — have underlined the difficult challenges the administration of President Barack Obama faces in navigating its way in the region’s increasingly treacherous and turbulent waters.

www.aworldincrisis.org...

U.S. allies in the Persian Gulf, particularly Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, are also all warily watching the unfolding agreement in Geneva. The U.S. has forged close alliances with these countries over the past three decades in an effort to create a bulwark against Iran in the Middle East.

Washington has showered billions of dollars of sophisticated weapons on the Gulf nations and stationed key U.S. naval and air assets there.

Bahrain, Qatar, and the U.A.E. have also developed successful financial and trade centers in the Gulf, fueled, in part, by Iran’s isolation from international economy.

A detente between Washington and Iran could significantly shake up Washington’s security calculations in the Mideast and challenge these countries’ long-term interests, according to regional diplomats

Plenty of countries to chose from.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
France seems to be all hyped up on any progress for Iran . France Wrecks P5+1 Deal for Arab Money By Finian Cunningham

November 10, 2013 "Information Clearing House - The French deal-breaking intervention at the P5+1 negotiation with Iran may have been motivated by France wanting to ingratiate itself with the Persian Gulf monarchies for strategic economic reasons.

After Reportedly Being Offered Saudi Weapons Sales, France Tries to Blow Up Iran Deal

By Emptywheel

November 10, 2013 "Information Clearing House - Several weeks after this WSJ article describing a staged Bandar bin Sultan tantrum about US actions, it was revealed the “Western diplomat” involved was a representative of France.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?

Yup Isreal was the first thing that came to my mind.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, someone has to ask it, so it may as well be me...

Why do we think it's high level intrigue between nations vs. sleeping with someone's wife or burning someone else on a bad debt? Perhaps the Assistant Deputy was ambitious? There would seem to be a lot of possibilities when it's a guy who has no obvious strategic importance for the level of matters Iran is dealing with right now?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Why do we think it's high level intrigue between nations vs. sleeping with someone's wife or burning someone else on a bad debt? Perhaps the Assistant Deputy was ambitious? There would seem to be a lot of possibilities when it's a guy who has no obvious strategic importance for the level of matters Iran is dealing with right now?

Because this is a ballet and your thinking cha cha. 123 123 123 123 and good; 123,.....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ben the nazi and his evil mobsters at work
souring relations when other nations are trying to get along!

I was expecting something like this ...seriously

edit on 10-11-2013 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Just incase I go missing or something for saying Israel anyone?...If I do Israel did it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Operations

In a shocking turn of events, Iran's deputy minister of industry, mines and commerce, Safdar Rahmat-Abadi, has been assassinated.

By Dalga Khatinoglu - Trend: Iranian deputy minister of industry, mines and commerce Safdar Rahmat-Abadi was assassinated on November 10, IRNA reported. According to the report, the unidentified men shot him when he was in his personal car in Golbarg Street, Tehran. Rahmat-Abadi is the parliamentary deputy of Industry, Mines and Commerce Ministry. The report says that his head and breast were targeted by gunmen.

The very same day high level meetings in Geneva produced no solid agreement on Iran's nuclear aspirations, this happens. Coincidence, or by design?

Related?

Here was a government official single-handedly helping the Iranian economy, creating jobs, and working around international sanctions.

Now he's dead.

Cui bono? (Who benefits?) Who would most directly benefit from taking out a person that is helping common Iranians, and their country as a whole?

Possibly the most vocal proponents of sanctions. Those who do not want to see Iran succeed in any way as a nation. Those who would rather see war, or at least a war of espionage, instead of direct mutual understanding and engagement through negotiations.

I don't have the answers, but I have my suspicions. And they're leading us on a path of war, whether we like it or not. It just remains to be seen how far they'll go.

First has this been confirmed.

Second why do you think it would be Israel. You think they care about that peon, I don't hardly think so. Israel will strike and when they do you will know it. They will not let Iran to enrich weapons grade material and I or the rest of the world can't blame them. The same supreme ruler who wants them wiped off the map is still in power. I would have turned the sand into glass a long time ago.

I am surprised they have not done it. There is a time when first strike is necessary.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

What leads me to believe professional assassination? Double-tap, head and chest, in a car.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

dlbott

Operations

Related?

Now he's dead.

First has this been confirmed.

Second why do you think it would be Israel. You think they care about that peon, I don't hardly think so. Israel will strike and when they do you will know it. They will not let Iran to enrich weapons grade material and I or the rest of the world can't blame them. The same supreme ruler who wants them wiped off the map is still in power. I would have turned the sand into glass a long time ago.

I am surprised they have not done it. There is a time when first strike is necessary.

The Bot

Actually I never said Israel. I said, I don't have all the answers, but I have my suspicions. My suspicions as to who benefits most from sanctions would be the U.S., and France. But you make the case for Israel quite well actually.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Israel anyone?

More likely an internal sanction. Far more likely than Israel considering what's taking place with the talks.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Operations

Okay, I must admit, assuming that's confirmed for the way it happened, that's a mighty compelling argument for a professional 'someone' behind it. Certainly no angry Hubby looking to administer to a Minister.

Hmmm... So what could this guy have been doing to interest Western intelligence to remove him? I've understood the motives for the unfortunate accidents of many connected to the nuclear programs. Right or wrong, the logic is clear. I'm really interested if he was up to something that important in his position?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Operations

Okay, I must admit, assuming that's confirmed for the way it happened, that's a mighty compelling argument for a professional 'someone' behind it. Certainly no angry Hubby looking to administer to a Minister.

Hmmm... So what could this guy have been doing to interest Western intelligence to remove him? I've understood the motives for the unfortunate accidents of many connected to the nuclear programs. Right or wrong, the logic is clear. I'm really interested if he was up to something that important in his position?

Possibly. Maybe you're asking the right questions. I'm really hoping to get some international input from Iranians as to how influential this guy was. Maybe he was on an upward path to power, and someone didn't like it. Or maybe he really was benefiting the Iranian people and circumventing the sanctions, which would make outside powers quite angry.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wrabbit, this line for the article linked makes me think Israel. They have a tradition of not commenting, but only when they did it.....

The United States has denied any role in these killings. Israel has not commented.

Not to say I know they did it, but the lack of comment sure fits. Why not just deny it? GUILT!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join