learn more

Isaiah 7:14 Mistranslation or Not...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

I have learned to do something with Hebrew words when I have a question about them.

Almah must be a virgin for one very good reason. To see the story by the morphology of the word, we must check the roots. ALM means distant Horizon. It means what is unseen, or hidden away. In this case, the young woman of a marriageable age, as a requirement of the family, was hidden away from other men to be saved for the groom. The Hebrew word root olam means eternity, or what is beyond our vision in the distance. The Horizon and Eternity also make the word maiden. She is the Almah. Te'almah is what we hide in the distance from others and save for the groom. Today, this is the Bride of Christ.

Israel was formally the bride. When she played the harlot, how do we undo the promise of marriage to the groom? Only one way. The groom must die. Once this happen, a new bride can be chosen. The former bride is released form the covenant. Who is the new bride? Unfortunately, we may be in the same situation as before if we consider the church. Since the church is the body of Christ (Groom), who is the Bride? That is, unless the bride is not who we think she is.

Revelation 19:7-9 ESV / 173 helpful votes

Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

---The robe is the righteousness of the Saints. Others are invited to the ceremony.

Ephesians 5:25-27 ESV / 103 helpful votes

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

The Bride is the church, washed in the water (Clean as the driven snow). What must happen to a bride before the consummation? She must be hidden away. What happens to those who were baptized in the waters of life again after the first century? What happens to those in the Tribulation?

Revelation 21:2 ESV / 71 helpful votes

And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

---Is the City the Bride?

Revelation 21:9 ESV / 55 helpful votes

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.”

---Once the bride is joined to the groom, the wrath comes.

John 3:29 ESV / 55 helpful votes

The one who has the bride is the bridegroom. The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete.

Revelation 21:9-11 ESV / 27 helpful votes

Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

---Again, we have the imagery of the city made by Christ, clothed in the Saints.

Matthew 25:1-46 ESV / 24 helpful votes

“Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept. ...

---The use of the virgins and lamps here is of the virgins who prepared. How do we prepare? Once we are free from sin by the cross, we must work. Faith without works is dead. Oil is for anointing and in lamps, it is the light that shines in the darkness.

Isaiah 54:5 ESV / 18 helpful votes

For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer, the God of the whole earth he is called.

---From the early days of Israel, this consummation was known.

John 14:1-3 ESV / 11 helpful votes

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

---What do those many rooms provide?

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

---We will live again. Baptism is the key to the Bride rising to new life, just as the Groom did for the world.

Jeremiah 2:2 ESV / 4 helpful votes

“Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem, Thus says the Lord, “I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.

---Sown with what? Seed? Can you hear Christ's voice in this? Ear is a seed of grain.

Revelation 14:1-20 ESV / 3 helpful votes

Then I looked, and behold, on Mount Zion stood the Lamb, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless. ...

The Bride may not be what you think. Guests of the Bride may be something different as well.

Psalm 19:3-6 ESV / 2 helpful votes

There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard. Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them, and there is nothing hidden from its heat.

It's a mystery, but one that requires Mary as a Virgin.

edit on 10-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Anyone who still takes history channel or discovery channel seriously has a deeply seated problem with the truth.

Its funny how now everyone suddenly thinks they can magically find "mistranslations" that were somehow over looked by generations of Hebrew speaking believing Jews.

If the translation was flawed, the virgin birth accounts in the gospels would have been discredited by all from day one. But thats not the case.

The first century believers never questioned the translation.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Yes, I meant the same thing when I spoke of the "double function" of the prophecy.
You have done me a good service, because i had thought of doing a thread on the double function in the approach to Christmas, but the idea had dropped out of my mind.

<< 1   >>

join