It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why British Children May Start School at Two

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
link

here’s a growing movement among Britain’s educators to encourage children to spend less time with their families and more time at school. Baroness Sally Morgan, the chair of Britain’s school inspection board, Ofsted, called for a “big brave move” toward children starting school at 2 years old

Michael Gove and company are strong believers in the importance of family. But after seeing so many parents doing an appalling job, they want to bring up the children instead.

A recent study found that children from poor homes were 19 months behind their richer peers by the time they start school at age 5. “They’re not ready to learn at school,” said Lady Morgan, because of “weak parenting, low educational attainment of parents, poor diet, poor housing and so on.” In extreme cases a child can arrive at school not potty-trained, unable to talk properly and not even knowing his own name.

come on, seriously? schools are failing children and these children are growing up too stupid to even give their children a pre-school education so the governments solution is more school, unbelivable....

this is simply about control of young minds and getting mothers out there working as soon as they've squeezed the baby out, because after 2 years it'll become 1 year then 6 months.
edit on 10112013 by monkofmimir because: (added more quote)

edit on 10112013 by monkofmimir because: typos

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Schools are slave farms and indoctrination establishments. The earlier these
individuality slaughterhouses can get their hands on your pride and joys, the
more chance they have at producing the perfect human sheep.
This is disgusting and disgraceful.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
George Orwell really saw em coming.
Remove the family as a major influence on the child and the government can program them to be subservient, mindless and blind.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I hope there's enough opposition to stop this. Making more worker bees at a younger age, some up-tight person probably thought this up while seeing the energy children have at play. Harness that, or curb some of it while directing the rest, and you've got willing participants in the game of "deplete the planet".
edit on 10-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

badgerprints
George Orwell really saw em coming.
Remove the family as a major influence on the child and the government can program them to be subservient, mindless and blind.

Mr Blair really was just obeying the rules and telling the masses ahead of times what the elites planned to do. If you didn't object, then it was as good as agreeing to it all.

No one objected, so it was green lit.

The rest is history and the very near future.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Pre-pre-school. At that age they should still be bonding with parents.
Although, many children are already in some type of day care already at that age, due to both parents needing to work because expenses have gone through the roof.

They also still need to sleep a lot at that age.

They have a natural curiousity - they're learning about their surroundings still. They learn through play.
4 is early enough to start school.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm just glad theirs a strong home education communtiy in the uk because give it another twenty or thirty years and anyone who's gone through the school system will be so instatutionalized they won't be able to function as adults.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well said, both of you!

More then likely if your child at the age of 5 seems smarter then the others, pills will be given. If you want your children to have a chance, keep them at home and teach them yourself!

Sad part is, it is considered Wrong to do this for your child! Why? Some would say that your child needs other children to interact with. Some would say a parent is not quallified to do this. How so?

Feed them crap like Santa Claus, easter bunny and the like then after the age of 8-10 they found out you lied about it so what does that tell the child at the start? One might tell the whole story and why its nothing more then a story made up.

Been in a small town, know most of the kids and me by my name. Here is how it goes. How was your day? Boring! What did you learn at school? Nothing! It gets worst! Small towns live on sports; wars between schools etc.... Since theirs only 10-14 kids in each class all have to play. They get hurt, rest 5 mins and go back in unless their passed out!

Lately as of now parents are noticing and have kepted their kids from sports. No more head injerys, broken legs, arms and the like. Again now these parents get sidelined, kids seem to fail in school, just a shame! How can a kid with an IQ of 118, get straight A's yet stops playing sports is falling in the same year?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Two is just too young to be in school. Kids create so many stong bonds in that time frame that all that would be accomplished would be them relying on the state for their entire lives. Those are the years of exploration and self discovery. I'm sure the schools will do a great job nurturing that.

Good luck in that fight Britain.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Easier to brainwash children at 2 years. We'll have government raised zombies eating Soylent Green with no questions asked.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

This is a monumental failure on the behalf of society that thinks a school can do something better than nature and evoloution has been perfecting for a couple hundred thousand years.

A childs brain at that age is like a sponge its desinged that way learn complex things like language and social interaction they don't need a school to teach them anything at that age.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What can I say...society is sick!

There is no point in sending these babies to school at 2, they simply aren't emotionally strong enough to cope, sure there is always the exception to the rule, but in general, this is really too much.

The reason I say society is sick?

Well, the government is hellbent on making every adult work, work, work, this is not good for small children, sure there is some pretty diabolical parenting out there, but there is also a sizable parenting group, who go out to work, believing they are good citizens, thinking they are doing right by their children, packing them off to childcare...then wonder why little johnny is beating the the abc out of the other children and staff.

Every child who begins school at present, comes to school from home with the problems, the school doesn't create them in the first place (in my experience, I am yet to find one child, for whom I can say, school caused the problem).

Parents have it hard...bombarded by guru's, media, peer pressure, research reccomendtions replacing previous recearch reccomendations, on top of all that, you have the patterns of your personal childhood, which rightly or wrongly bleed through and affect your parenting style.

The job isn't easy, but sending kids to school at 2 years old, is never going to solve the problem, in fact there is no resolution for the problem, there will always be personalities with the best upbringing in the world, who will go on to disrupt.

If any of you have made it to the bottom of my rant...congratulations, sadly I have no answers, only contempt for the politicians who think they know best.
edit on 10-11-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

2 is too young.

But for all the diatribe in this thread, are you all insane?

Parents are doing an abysmal job of raising their kids. 99% of the stuff on ATS is a direct result of poor parenting. And you say home schooling?

Good god almighty...

Strike a balance for gods sake. No one is eating bloody soylent green because they went to school. In fact, they are espousing such nonsense because they didn't get it right when they had that chance.

Yeah, lets keep kids at home, away from society because it teaches them language and social interaction. Just like mommy and paw paw teached them...

But regardless 2 years old is far too young.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
could be the UK needs to increase it military?...what better way than government indoctrination ....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I dont agree with this move at all.

The reason kids are having trouble at school is because of the longer working hours businesses have people working just to pay bills!

They dont get to see their kids because of these longer working hours.... the solution is simple, go back to shorter hours and 5 days per week instead of making everyone a slave to the system!!

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sod that.

You don't get those early years back later.

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This move would be very, very expensive.
That means there is no chance of it happening.
Wishful thinking on the part of the promoter of the idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

monkofmimir
link

A recent study found that children from poor homes were 19 months behind their richer peers by the time they start school at age 5. “They’re not ready to learn at school,” said Lady Morgan, because of “weak parenting, low educational attainment of parents, poor diet, poor housing and so on.” In extreme cases a child can arrive at school not potty-trained, unable to talk properly and not even knowing his own name.

The children need to be home. But why the heck is a five year old not potty trained or know it's own name. This says something about the mentality of the parents or caregivers.

Sounds like the government wants to start conditioning extra early.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Agreed, 100%. I am also willing to bet that those posting the nonsense here about "indoctrination" and what have you haven't even read the source article, much less actually read into Government policy on this. Yeah, home schooling rocks, it allows you to form an opinion with no supporting facts at all...

First of all, this is just some left-leaning, Labour Peer, Head of OFSTED mouthing off. This is the same OFSTED that has been called "not fit for purpose" by the House of Commons Education Select Committee. She is entitled to an opinion and on the basic facts of her speech, she has a point.

Kids are turning up to school @ ages 4/5, usually from less "privileged" backgrounds, unable to talk properly much less do anything else - and before anyone says this is because Parents don't get to spend their time with kids due to work, these are usually from family's where no one works and they've spent the first 5 years of their life sat in front of the TV.

That said, this is merely her giving a speech and is unlikely to be entertained by the Government for many reasons, not least the fact it will push up the cost of education quite dramatically.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Secondly, while we have this as one side of the coin, on the other we have groups of Educational experts calling for school to start later, at age 7. The Government rejected this as they believe the current 5 year age for school entrance is right.

On the point of Home Schooling, in the UK they still have to adhere to the National Curriculum and I am at a loss os to what "indoctrination" it is that Pupils seem to be put under. I wonder if any of the posters in this thread actually have kids. I have 3 and none of them have been "indoctrinated" - I would love someone to elaborate on this for me.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

stumason

On the point of Home Schooling, in the UK they still have to adhere to the National Curriculum

actuall this is not the case at all for home education in the uk all is needed is to show that your child is recieving an education, virtually no home educating families follow the national curriculum.

The damage school does is very real, it teaches most kids to hate learning, feel inadiquate and stupid and fails to teach them critical thinking. that combined with an abysmal nation curriculum and poorly trained teachers is the indocrination people are talking about. obiously not every child ends up like this but alot do especially those who are already vulnerable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join