It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stargate Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The Stargate Conspiracy

Many members here are familiar with the TV show Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. For those (if any) who are unaware of what Stargate is here's the IMDb descriptions:

Stargate SG1 - A secret military team, SG-1, is formed to explore the recently discovered Stargates.

Stargate Atlantis - An international team of scientists and military personnel discover a Stargate network in the Pegasus Galaxy

Stargate Universe - Trapped on an Ancient spaceship billions of light years from home, a group of soldiers and civilians struggle to survive and find their way back to Earth.

Now for the conspiracy or disinformation at best. While the SG teams explore the galaxy meeting other cultures ranging from rural agricultural to technically advanced these cultures pretty much have one thing in common. They pretty much all use the Stargates without having an existential crisis.

There is however one civilization that must be sheltered from the disclosure of the Stargate, aliens and information of the galaxy. You may have guessed it, it's the earth humans. While primitive interstellar farming communities may have no trouble with disclosure we simple earthling must be protected from this information at all costs. This is constantly reinforced by both the stars and the governments of these shows.

While I have no idea if aliens exist I do know propaganda and disinformation does. To me this subtle disinformation is more proof to the existence of aliens than anything I have yet seen. What say you ATS? Is this simply TV or subtle mind manipulation within the deeper story?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You should check out Undo's massive stargate thread thing is epic and well studied on her part here is the link

Undo's stargate thread

Yes I think they are real we know we can create worm holes . Seems history tells us that they are

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Is this real world or an exercise?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The premis that humans are not ready for disclosure is not a key plot point in the show. In my opinion it would work fine even if all of Earth were informed. But that's just my opinion.

All that aside I don't think a TV program constitutes proof of anything.
Statistically it is highly likely that extra-terrestrial beings exist. Television has no bearing on the matter.

But it does lead easily manipulated people to become unreasonable on the topic.
For example: one of the first threads I ever commented on here on ATS, put forth that a stargate had appeared over the Gulf of Aden in January of 2010. The fanciful idea of this aside, the OP was absolutely convinced beyond any attempts at reason that it was 100% true. When I tried to tell the person that I was on a ship in the Gulf of Aden during the entire time this event was said to take place, and informed them that no such thing had happened they became completely uncivilized and hostile.

This is just one example of how putting credibility into TV shows causes more harm than good.

I'm sure we will make contact at some point, but cable television holds no secrets or insider information.
edit on 10-11-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Other then the fact that going Through, you would die soon after. Unless we have gone before or somehow our DNA has the T-cells for that planet in the first place.

Most of TV, Movies, Books are of crap for the disinfo, now if one considers just how it Can be done. More then likey it has already been tried or is working now.

Still though! Enough War Already! One would think Someone would have come up with that and placed it into their Faith, Being and World. God I hope So!

Still you would have to have a Special Gun, just in case! Thats how disinfo is played out. I speak for myself so Man would it be nice just to see Peace all over this World for a week. Okay a day then!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

This is just one example of how putting credibility into TV shows causes more harm than good.

I'm sure we will make contact at some point, but cable television holds no secrets or insider information.

I agree with what you're saying and put no credibility in such shows on their own basis. I do wonder about the consistent subtle message that we earth humans are not able to handle disclosure. It seems to me they protest too much. While not a main plot of the shows it is a constant underlying message.
edit on 955pm1414pm32013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I like that show, I watch reruns on sunday nights. I like the symbols and some of the information about history is actually accurate, but twisted to fit the plot of the show.

It's just a show....I do like Thor though, cute little guy. He sort of reminds me of the skinny and short old professor that comes here for coffee pretty often...That reminds me, I haven't seen the old guy around for over a month...wonder if he flew back to his home planet. Maybe he got attacked by a mushroom when he was hunting for them.

There could be similar technology somewhere in the universe, but I doubt if it would be like the stargate. You could possibly send consciousness across the universe but not a body.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I can't disagree with that.

But look at it like this.

Keep in mind that given the colossal age of the universe they would likely be millions if not billions of years more advanced than us. It would be similar to us trying to hold a conversation with an ant.

If an alien race were to come down to Earth in a big public encounter, what would happen?
We would shoot at them of course. Because that's what humans do.
Now, what do you do when you get bit by a bug?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Also, the civilizations they visit, all seem to be one world governments, no distinction if they go in a village of 500 still living like earthlings from 5000 years ago, a medieval one or a futuristic one.

We never hear of a planet with 350 countries with 27 types of government, like Earth has. Unless I missed all those episodes where they had ones...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the tv show was based on the movie. the movie was based on a screenplay written by 2 egyptologists from john hopkins university, who put their theories in it. if you're raising an eyebrow right about now, welcome to the club.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The feel of disinformation within the show has bugged me for a long time. FreedomSlave put in a link to your thread on this, holy cow it's huge and will take quite a while to read through. And I thought the time travel threads were big.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Also, the civilizations they visit, all seem to be one world governments, no distinction if they go in a village of 500 still living like earthlings from 5000 years ago, a medieval one or a futuristic one.

We never hear of a planet with 350 countries with 27 types of government, like Earth has. Unless I missed all those episodes where they had ones...

That's a good point, hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. That is now two separate propaganda themes to the shows.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by undo

The feel of disinformation within the show has bugged me for a long time. FreedomSlave put in a link to your thread on this, holy cow it's huge and will take quite a while to read through. And I thought the time travel threads were big.

the movie doesn't name the planet they go to thru the gate, other than giving it an astronomy number. in the tv show, however, they call it abydos. abydos is the name of the first city of post black sea flood pharaonic egypt. oh gosh there's a ton more information connected to this.

anyway, the debate then arose over whether it was interplanetary gate or a time travelling device because if they had traveled back to abydos, they were still on earth and not on some planet in the caeleum galaxy. the obvious answer being the people on abydos in the caeleum galaxy, were humans from earth who were taken thru the gate at earthly abydos, to the planet in the caeleum galaxy that was named after it.

there's so much information in this topic, it explains why the thread is that long
edit on 10-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Like the X-Files, but not quite as seriously intense, it was so cleverly put together that you just couldn't help but wonder if it didn't have more to it than simple fiction.

A question to Undo : Did the 2 egyptologists helped with the show too?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by Bassago

The premis that humans are not ready for disclosure is not a key plot point in the show. In my opinion it would work fine even if all of Earth were informed. But that's just my opinion.

All that aside I don't think a TV program constitutes proof of anything.
Statistically it is highly likely that extra-terrestrial beings exist. Television has no bearing on the matter.

But it does lead easily manipulated people to become unreasonable on the topic.
For example: one of the first threads I ever commented on here on ATS, put forth that a stargate had appeared over the Gulf of Aden in January of 2010. The fanciful idea of this aside, the OP was absolutely convinced beyond any attempts at reason that it was 100% true. When I tried to tell the person that I was on a ship in the Gulf of Aden during the entire time this event was said to take place, and informed them that no such thing had happened they became completely uncivilized and hostile.

I would say that you have a very closed mind. Not about stargates but about ET. Nasa recently announced that they believe their are over 48,000 earthlike planets out their that could hold life. It was just short of admission, yes there is life out there. For me it seems absolutely idiotically vain of anyone to look up in the night sky full of stars and to think we are the only life out there.

Ridiculous, literally mathematically impossible. How stupid do you think any of us are to believe we are the only game in town. That is crazier than believing in stargates. Lol

The Bot
edit on 10-11-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

NowanKenubi
reply to post by Bassago

Like the X-Files, but not quite as seriously intense, it was so cleverly put together that you just couldn't help but wonder if it didn't have more to it than simple fiction.

A question to Undo : Did the 2 egyptologists helped with the show too?

i dunno. i tried to follow it up by finding out the names of the 2 egyptologists, but only managed to get one of their names. what happened was, devlin, who produced the movie, had been sent the screenplay and turned it down. then 10 years later, changed a few things, and made it without crediting the original authors. so they took him to court and won an out of court settlement. who knows what the settlement was. could've been the tv show. that's possible.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Bassago
The Stargate Conspiracy

Many members here are familiar with the TV show Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. For those (if any) who are unaware of what Stargate is here's the IMDb descriptions:

Stargate SG1 - A secret military team, SG-1, is formed to explore the recently discovered Stargates.

Stargate Atlantis - An international team of scientists and military personnel discover a Stargate network in the Pegasus Galaxy

Stargate Universe - Trapped on an Ancient spaceship billions of light years from home, a group of soldiers and civilians struggle to survive and find their way back to Earth.

Now for the conspiracy or disinformation at best. While the SG teams explore the galaxy meeting other cultures ranging from rural agricultural to technically advanced these cultures pretty much have one thing in common. They pretty much all use the Stargates without having an existential crisis.

There is however one civilization that must be sheltered from the disclosure of the Stargate, aliens and information of the galaxy. You may have guessed it, it's the earth humans. While primitive interstellar farming communities may have no trouble with disclosure we simple earthling must be protected from this information at all costs. This is constantly reinforced by both the stars and the governments of these shows.

While I have no idea if aliens exist I do know propaganda and disinformation does. To me this subtle disinformation is more proof to the existence of aliens than anything I have yet seen. What say you ATS? Is this simply TV or subtle mind manipulation within the deeper story?

ITS A TV SHOW!!!! Nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

we call it plausible deniability. which works most of the time, but not all of the time. and that's the wiggle room that let's all kinds of interesting things remain safely away from prying eyes and curious readers

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

undo

we call it plausible deniability. which works most of the time, but not all of the time. and that's the wiggle room that let's all kinds of interesting things remain safely away from prying eyes and curious readers

No what's really sad is that on here people try to see a hidden message in everything, people have made many threads on here claiming that when we have a spate of sci-fi films released that the are trying to prepare us
just
and like I have said before when we have a spate of sword and sandals films is that to prepare us for an invasion of ancient Greeks or Romans seriously some on here look to hard for conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

wmd_2008

undo

No what's really sad is that on here people try to see a hidden message in everything, people have made many threads on here claiming that when we have a spate of sci-fi films released that the are trying to prepare us
just
and like I have said before when we have a spate of sword and sandals films is that to prepare us for an invasion of ancient Greeks or Romans seriously some on here look to hard for conspiracies.

frankly, i wasn't looking for stargate information at all, when i found it. i was trying to figure out the
"bottomless pit" (abyssos) reference in revelation 9 of the bible (which is a gate that leads somewhere not on earth that is unlocked by an "angel" that comes down from the sky and opens it with some kind of key), which lead me back to ancient sumer and a thing called the abzu, which lead me to abydos egypt, which lead me to stargate the tv show (google searched the word abydos and found out that abydos is the greek spelling, the egyptian is abdju. the dj is pronounced "z" so the word was pronounced "abzu". that is called a round trip

so abydos=abzu=abyss=bottomless pit. i was on a roll. there's alot more, but that'll do for now
edit on 10-11-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join