It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney For Officer Accused Of Harassing Teen Ref At Soccer Game Enters Not Guilty Plea In The Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The attorney for a Lexington police officer accused of harassing a 13-year-old soccer referee entered a not guilty plea for his client in court in Scott County Thursday.

Story Here

This is the kind of crap that goes on even when they're off duty. This guy is an idiot, and does not deserve the privilege of calling himself a PEACE officer at all.

Attacking a 13 yr. old kid is conduct unbecoming. . .and he should be removed from the force entirely.
My question is this: Why is this guy already not behind bars? If it were me, I would still be there from the date it originally happened.
edit on 11 10 2013 by Divine Strake because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

His lawywe is a chairman on the referee committee too? That seems like a major conflict of intrest.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The man gets his day in court...Let's not find him guilty here.

If he did this....It is really dumb.

I question his judgement for playing Soccer.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The ideal outcome for this case would have been for the father of the referee to be present, blindside the cop for grabbing his son, drag his bloody carcass out to the parking lot and tell him that if he ever comes to another game he will buried in an abandoned septic tank outside of town without flowers or prayer.
No need for the kid to be traumatized, no need for a lengthy court case- just show the kid and the cop at the same time that grown men don't get to bully children and everything's settled.
That is one of the major problems with America today- not enough hand to hand violence- it always gets past that point before it erupts.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The Vagabond
That is one of the major problems with America today- not enough hand to hand violence- it always gets past that point before it erupts.

What's interesting is that before this story, I would never have agreed with that sentiment. I am finding, however, that what you're saying is exactly right, and it's time for people to see it. . .again.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The Vagabond
The ideal outcome for this case would have been for the father of the referee to be present, blindside the cop for grabbing his son, drag his bloody carcass out to the parking lot and tell him that if he ever comes to another game he will buried in an abandoned septic tank outside of town without flowers or prayer.
No need for the kid to be traumatized, no need for a lengthy court case- just show the kid and the cop at the same time that grown men don't get to bully children and everything's settled.

exactly. when the cops deem themselves the only ones worthy of using force, and continue to bully people around, then they are BULLIES.

Open promise, write it down... if a badge ever assaults one of my kids, I will gladly spend years in prison defending my kid.
And I will go all out, do whatever it takes to become a shot caller and make life not worth living for all involved in me being behind bars for what I did.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Divine Strake

The Vagabond

What's interesting is that before this story, I would never have agreed with that sentiment. I am finding, however, that what you're saying is exactly right, and it's time for people to see it. . .again.

Cops are bullies, that job attracts bullies like a donut shop attracts, erm.. nevermind.

anyway, what does a bully who has ALREADY reached the level of using physical force?

Name one bully, one time that was already to the point of using force, where non-force resolved it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the conduct of this pantywaist of a "law enforcement officer" is absolute PROOF that he is unqualified for his own job. anyone that would think it's ok to physically attack a 13 year old kid is certainly not employable in the arena of public service in any capacity. the community ought to make sure he gets the message.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

JHumm
reply to post by Divine Strake

His lawywe is a chairman on the referee committee too? That seems like a major conflict of intrest.

No, the lawyer on the referee committee is for the victim; the kid abused by the cop.

But we know how this works, the cop will be suspended with pay as punishment and be promoted when his suspension is over.

There are two sets of laws. One set for the citizens and another for LEOs
edit on 10-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yes, sad but true about the two sets of laws. I don't know why this guy even thinks he was in the right to act like this. I wonder what he would have done if he were a responding officer to the same scenario. Would he have defended the kid ref or an idiot parent who attacked the kid ref?

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I fully agree. We're in an age when it seems we have to defend more of our RIGHTS to the people who are sworn to uphold them.

I know police have it hard, and it's hard not to 'snap' at another individual who's chosen to abuse his or her spouse or children. I even understand that one might get tired of having to repeatedly deal with another drunk idiot behind the wheel, it's just. . .

they (cops) need to stop exhibiting their power trips on the individuals who are innocent, much less innocent until proven guilty.

Remind the cops that they work FOR YOU, the citizen, if one ever treats you like this.

Take every complaint to EVERY city council meeting and be relentless in asking for justice! We've got to take a stand.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I am glad people are referring to him as 'officer' and not 'man'. I would imagine he had a son in the game. If so, I wonder what that boy thinks of his father.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"He says the officer, who was off-duty at the time, got upset about a call the boy made, grabbed him, twisted his arm and left him traumatized."

That's not harassment, that's assault. Hopefully some parent has video of the assault.

My 12 year old is about to take certification to become a volunteer referee. She's none to happy that I'm also taking the class. But, she will not be the lone ref at any game until she's older. The soccer organization here has had to ban a few parents for physical alterations with players. No refs yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

whyamIhere
The man gets his day in court...Let's not find him guilty here.

If he did this....It is really dumb.

I question his judgement for playing Soccer.

This is what has lead us to the problems we are seeing in American. Just sit back and we will see what happens. Police officers and law makers should get double time when they do wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

The soccer organization here has had to ban a few parents for physical alterations with players.

Were they charged with assault? Adult physically attacking children should be seen a serious incident.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The soccer organization here has had to ban a few parents for physical alterations with players.

Were they charged with assault? Adult physically attacking children should be seen a serious incident.

Come to think of it, I don't think they were. No video. One was a coach who grabbed a U12 boy by the arm for "being a smartass" - and kid had a green stick fracture from the game. (Broken *during* the game). Other was a parent who shoved an older player he felt tripped his son. Both incidents occurred outside of our region, so I don't know what would be needed for a charge. Probably parent filing in the city in which it occurred? Region board got the info well after the incident, so not sure they could do more than ban.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What a scumbag. Unfortunately the majority of police officers are like this now.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Good question, yes, I do believe his son was in that game, and I'd have to say he's pretty self conscious about himself and his dad now.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

True, and I have no idea how we'll ever be able to control it. It will take a collaborative effort on the part of the people AND those who are in the position of "authority". Of course, authority gives no one the right to go against those rights we're supposed to have.

top topics

join