It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linguistic Fruit from the Hebrew/Phoenician Tree - The secret to language/release from bondage...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

That's fine brother, you feel free to believe whatever you like... Paul is one of the heavy weights of the Christian religion... but hes also responsible for the confusion as well

Matters not to me in any case... Im Not Christian, nor do I bother with Paul

I stick to the gospels... they're all that any one needs in the bible

edit on 10-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh jeez, not Paul. It seems like you quote Paul more than you do Jesus. Who's the real leader here? Paul or Jesus? If Jesus is the leader, why must we listen to Paul? Why are Jesus' words not enough? Did he not say enough with him being the Son of God and all? Was his message incomplete?

Paul was a fraud, but a smart fraud at that. He used another man's name to make his name for him.

Luke 6
26 Woe to you, when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets.

1 Corinthians 10
just as I try to please all men in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. - galatians 5:13

reply to post by Akragon

So this verse (galatians 5:13) is nothing similar to The Message of Jesus Christ in your view? There are some humble and positive things said but like everything in the bible you have to look for the "pearls"

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Paul has a few decent points, but he still muddles the simple issues... and lines them with his own thoughts which contradict Jesus on so many occasions...

I respect his position on Love... Probably the best quote in the bible on love came from Paul

Why not just trust the words of the son of God though?

Isn't that just... easier?

Why take the word of a Pharisee, who had a "vision" of Jesus... which we must take on his own word...

I had no issue with Paul, until I came to ATS and found Christians that dared to counter Jesus with Paul... I knew something wasn't right at that point.... so I looked deeper

And I found out that Paul is a mess... a liar, and a fraud

but to each their own...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So was Simom Peter a fraud? How about Luke was he also a fraud?
edit on 14pm14q000000pm302013-11-10T21:52:14-06:000909 by SasquatchHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Akragon

Lol... I don't understand this crusade to discredit Paulal, there's no evidence he was a fraud. His writings are brilliant.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Akragon

Lol... I don't understand this crusade to discredit Paulal, there's no evidence he was a fraud. His writings are brilliant.

Hardly brilliant... I'll admit he was a very intelligent man... a master of rhetoric, and confusion

But if you don't see the issues with his writing you're simply not looking close enough

IF he had learned all he did from the "resurrected" Jesus... there would be no contradictions, it would be solid, just as the gospels are for the most part...

he discredits himself.... I don't need to do it for him

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

So you believe Luke was a fraud? Peter?James? You have to completely throw out all of their works along with the bulk of the NT written by Paul.
For what reason? There's nothing that doesn't align with the OT or NT by the works of Paul. What is the real reason to discredit him?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Akragon

So you believe Luke was a fraud? Peter?James? You have to completely throw out all of their works along with the bulk of the NT written by Paul.
For what reason? There's nothing that doesn't align with the OT or NT by the works of Paul. What is the real reason to discredit him?

again... my opinion of the other writers of the NT have nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

IF you believe the bible is inerrant with no contradictions... feel free

I don't need to discredit Paul, anyone that can read can do it...

It just requires actual reading... not believing what you're taught, its really that simple man

edit on 11-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It does matter Paul was called upon by Jesus to serve him. If you claim he is a fraud you also have to consider the other Apostles as frauds. You have to say Acts and 2peters is fraudulent. Those are serious claims to go against so much material that is written.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Hi EnochWasRight,
First, I'd like to say thanks for all the work you do to bring to us these interesting threads.

I was thinking about this 'Homer' riddle and this is what I came up with:

A homer is a measure of grain.
And homer backwards, maybe rhema, which is word or to speak?
So then words are seeds?
Am I close at all?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Akragon

It does matter Paul was called upon by Jesus to serve him. If you claim he is a fraud you also have to consider the other Apostles as frauds. You have to say Acts and 2peters is fraudulent. Those are serious claims to go against so much material that is written.

You do realise the bible is not ONE book... its 66 books even more at times depending on the version or favor of said religion you subscribe to...

So if I call one writer of the NT a Fraud because he contradicts the Gospels... that does not imply the others are also fraudulent

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Akragon

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Akragon

You do realise the bible is not ONE book... its 66 books even more at times depending on the version or favor of said religion you subscribe to...

So if I call one writer of the NT a Fraud because he contradicts the Gospels... that does not imply the others are also fraudulent

Written by Luke
Luke- Supports the Apostle Paul
Acts- Half the book is about Paul's life

Written by Paul
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
1 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

Written by Simon Peter
2 Peter- Supports Apostle Paul

That's 16 Books by 3 Authors you have to throw away just to say Paul was a fraud. That's like 75% of the NT.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

BugWhisperer
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Hi EnochWasRight,
First, I'd like to say thanks for all the work you do to bring to us these interesting threads.

I was thinking about this 'Homer' riddle and this is what I came up with:

A homer is a measure of grain.
And homer backwards, maybe rhema, which is word or to speak?
So then words are seeds?
Am I close at all?

Very close. Remoh is Solomon (filled with knowledge), but you are showing me something I had not considered. Rhema is like the Logos, or spoken word of God. That's fantastic. Homer is a basket that can be filled with 10 bushels. I found it ironic that we call someone that is dumb, "Homer." I suppose this is an unfilled basket. A Home is filled with good things, or can be broken. In this case, what is filling the home spills out. A homely person is not filled with good looks.

From Greek and Latin (LINK)

DNA - we use homeotic for a sequence of information, which codes the potential protein (peptide). Homeomorphism - a one-to-one mapping between sets where both the function and its inverse are continuous; in topology it is a method where geometric shapes can be transformed into other shapes. Homeopathy - a medical practice that treats a disease by giving small doses of a remedy that in a larger quantity would cause that disease in a healthy person.

Homeostasis - a fairly stable state of equilibrium between different but interdependent elements of a group, organism, population, etc. Compare this to Chirality, where one mirrored thing cannot be superimposed on the other. We find this in biblical terms with two becoming one new thing. Your right and left hand is the same. The pairs of eyes, ears and so on. These are the openings of the tent (Bet) which is where the father sits to protect the house. Aleph (Strength) Bet (House / Tent Opening) is the word Father.

Can we draw these analogies? Yes. All of it is related from the branch of the tree that the fruit falls from.

Homeotic - relating to a gene producing a shift in structural development. How is our DNA changed by being filled with information? To me, it is obvious.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

I am also reminded of this from Genesis:

Genesis 2

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

Where do you go if you want to know your names from the Bible. The Concordance. Cor is heart in Hebrew, or the book filled with seeds. Like you say, Remoh / Rhema. Good find.

Gotta love Hebrew. I can hear the dead etymologists' rolling in their graves. Like Science, many etymologists try to avoid any connection with Hebrew. They work hard to ensure they find alternatives to the source if possible.

edit on 11-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Akragon

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Akragon

Written by Luke
Luke- Supports the Apostle Paul
Acts- Half the book is about Paul's life

Written by Paul
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
1 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon

Written by Simon Peter
2 Peter- Supports Apostle Paul

That's 16 Books by 3 Authors you have to throw away just to say Paul was a fraud. That's like 75% of the NT.

Of course luke supported Paul, he was one of his followers... But he unlike Paul did some research and interviewed people about their experiences with Jesus... Paul didn't know Jesus... Paul never met Jesus

One must take the word of a self professed murderer, a Pharisee... and a liar... to accept Pauls writing as legit. Or of course Just be taught that Paul is some hero of the Christian faith.

Sure according to him, he met the resurrected Jesus... But none of his writing show ANY evidence of his claim...

And again, the NT is not one Book... Nor is the OT... they're compilations of Books

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Of course luke supported Paul, he was one of his followers... But he unlike Paul did some research and interviewed people about their experiences with Jesus... Paul didn't know Jesus... Paul never met Jesus

Luke was an investigator, why do you disagree with his conclusion and accounts of Paul? Jesus appeared to Paul and chose him. The narrative is very clear for what reasons and why.

One must take the word of a self professed murderer, a Pharisee... and a liar... to accept Pauls writing as legit. Or of course Just be taught that Paul is some hero of the Christian faith.

Paul was raised a Pharisee so what? Paul was many things but he wasn't a liar. If you can provide any evidence to support that please do so.

Sure according to him, he met the resurrected Jesus... But none of his writing show ANY evidence of his claim...

Even if you somehow believe that.... We have Luke and 2Peter who support Paul.

And again, the NT is not one Book... Nor is the OT... they're compilations of Books

I'm well aware of how many books there are the time frames they were written in and who the Authors were or possibly weren't, and the varying compilations.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

There's a ton of evidence that suggests Luke was actually a Roman aristocrat writer named Plutarch, someone who wrote historical fiction for a living, not a physician.

As far as Peter's epistles, Peter is said to have been illiterate and didn't know how to write and I assume the verse you're referring to where Peter supports Paul is 2 Peter 3:16, correct? Most modern scholars agree that that verse was interpolated later by another author and/or that 2 Peter is completely pseudographical, meaning Peter didn't write it at all.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that modern scholars agree that 2 Peter 3:16 was interpolated, a verse that supports Paul supposedly written by an apostle, because Paul was a fraud who used Jesus' name to insert his own (OT) doctrine into the minds of later believers.
edit on 11-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's a ton of evidence that suggests Luke was actually a Roman aristocrat writer named Plutarch, someone who wrote historical fiction for a living, not a physician.

As far as Peter's epistles, Peter is said to have been illiterate and didn't know how to write and I assume the verse you're referring to where Peter supports Paul is 2 Peter 3:16, correct? Most modern scholars agree that that verse was interpolated later by another author and/or that 2 Peter is completely pseudographical, meaning Peter didn't write it at all.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that modern scholars agree that 2 Peter 3:16 was interpolated, a verse that supports Paul supposedly written by an apostle, because Paul was a fraud who used Jesus' name to insert his own (OT) doctrine into the minds of later believers.
edit on 11-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Is it debateble who wrote 2Peter. Sure. I don't think MOST modern scholar consensus is the book is sketchy.
If you want to throw out all the evidence of Paul being a legitamite Apostle then I don't see how we can have a fair debate.
Paul quotes the OT more than any other NT writer, he knew it better than his contemporaries he doesn't contradict the OT or insert his own "doctrine".

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
DO YOU REAL EYES WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

Hi Guys,

For a long while now I have been looking at language.

lol...look...look.... can you see the 2 eyes in the center of the word?

There are so many hidden things hidden in language.

Why do you think we SPELL a word. Writing a word we are casting a spell. Making it manifest.

I mean for a brief moment just look at the letter U. and notice that the letter U is the same sound as the word YOU, do you notice how the letter curves around, asif it is pointing back towards YOU.
Is this an accident?

The letter I is also sounded out the same as eye, what does that tell you?

Pinkorchid and I were playing with words that are the same yesterday, and I was reading out words that are the same and one such example would be:

fan - the thing on the ceiling spinning around
fan - the guy that follows a pop star or idol.

I asked Pinkorchid why it was the same word.

and she said "ohh its because its cool man!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join