It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored? Shoot a deer with you mouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Seems that a rancher in Texas wants to merge hunting and technology so people around the world can shoot deer and other animals from the comfort of home. Wonder how long it will be before a person gets shoot....

That moose may soon be just a mouse click away

"HOUSTON, Texas (Reuters) -- Hunters soon may be able to sit at their computers and blast away at animals on a Texas ranch via the Internet, a prospect that has state wildlife officials up in arms"

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I've just had a revelation, an epiphany.

Selll this to the american army.... they could have THE ENTIRE POPULATION involved with killing Iraqis FROM HOME!

Quick i HAVE to pitch this idea to them... my fame and fortune are calling...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Selll this to the american army.... they could have THE ENTIRE POPULATION involved with killing Iraqis FROM HOME!

LOL...only problem would be those people that "spray and pray"...probably be a lot of friendly fire incidents....

But.....they could post webcams around Iraq, and insomniacs could watch for insurgents, notifying the coaltion forces where they are.....

sorta like this website that offers webcams in the conflict area....

www.virtualtuner.com...

www.virtualtuner.com...

[edit on 17-11-2004 by NetStorm]

[edit on 17-11-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
No freindly fire... all done remotely! BLISS!

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Unfortunately a can of spray paint (over the web cam) or stolen US fatigues could easily defeat the idea.....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why are we all talking about deer hunter 2050 season for guys come on this should be posted in the bts games section lol joking

What ever happened to do it the old fashion way with your 20 or 12 gauge and going out there with your camo and deer calls? Matter of fact deer season is in 4 days lol i think people are becomming to lazy these days

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm no bleeding heart, but this is the worst idea I have ever heard of. There is no way that one can hunt responsibly under such circumstances. There is absolutely nothing sporting about this. They ought to put this guy in jail for even suggesting it.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
And why would we do this?

The whole thing in deer hunting sport is the sport part of it, which is clearly not applicable in case of internet hunting. This is why we have video games.

Really, really, bad idea.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I doubt this idea has much utility to the military, but the same thing is pretty much in play with the UAVs. I'm pretty sure it was in Qatar that the military used an armed UAV to wasted some terrorists by remote control.

Rigging firearms in this manner might kill a few, but you would just wind up giving the hardware to the enemy.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This was on the ten O'clock local news in Utah tonight.

I dont really 'get it' I mean...do they then UPS you the dead carcuss?

ahhhh no thanks............shipping is expensive and by the pound.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
To begin with, the ranches are so lame- the owners beat local wildlife regs, in most areas, simply by "importing" their animals. And then, some lazy client, who is not capable of hunting a critter in it's own habitat, will pay these guys thousands of dollars to shoot whatever they wish. Some have deer, bison, birds, quails, etc, and some of these ranches even import exotic animals....
The idea of shooting game over the web just disgusts me. No sport to it at all.You said it, Netstorm- I too wonder when it will be a human.I only hope it is the owner of the ranch! Imagine that....lol

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Journey]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The ranch is in the Texas Hill Country.Here's the site link....
www.live-shot.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This could catch on - imagine having one in the House of Commons attached to a pie-thrower. Then with one click of a mouse, I'd be able to hit Blair in the face with a custard pie.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The site owners would make waaaay more money if they replaced the real rifle with a super soaker water squirter and let customers shoot water at girls in white t-shirts...hehe.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i find this shooting thing disgusting. its not a sport, its mindless murder for a bunch of 13 yr old freaks that cant get a gun license.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Man a guy like this gives a bad name to real hunters. Hunting is a sport not some type of video game. They already have a Deer Hunter video game people that would be interested in that type of thing should stick to shooting virtual Deer.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is so stupid as to unbelievable. It makes me wonder what is next - virtual war where you are connected to a real soldier and follow him into battle, guiding his very move ?
Mindless, if you ask me. :shk:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
virtual war might be comming sooner then most people think ,except it will be robots controled by soldiers. Then you will see news headlines like Insurgents car bombs kills five robots today in Iraq. It will about saving US troops instead of sending a human to clear out a building send in a robot.

UACV are just the start.

What waste to use this type of tech to kill deer

top topics

join