It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very resplendent hello to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well Hello there. I`ve been lurking on the site for over four years and finally decided to join as I was also working on afew other accounts in other scocial media sites recently as well. Just fed up with just reading other`s posts and thinking what I`d say in response to them. I`d like to give a shoutout to Skepticoverlord and Phage and others like them who keep this site from devolving into sites like GLP where anyone can post something about anything and people will automatically believe them.
Persoanally I would say that I am skeptical about quite alot of topics; but that said I find that skeptics are really the most true believers out there as skeptics tend to want to scrape away all the dren to get to the real heart of whatever issue is at hand.

That stated I do have afew odd occurences in my life that are rather odd that I have not posted anywhere elts and I`m rather curious as to what some people might have to say about them. I don`t know the truth about these incedents; all I can state is my perspective at the time which the skeptic in me would not really believe if I was anyone elts as I have no photos (so it might not have happened lol) or other HARD evidence of these occuring.

The first incedent happened around when I was about 5-6 years of age and my family and I would camp quite alot at a beach that was about three hours from our city. So we had all gone to bed in our tent and in the middle of the night Iwoke to a bright light coming from the roadway leading to the tent. I attempted to wake both my parents but they just would not wake up no matter how I tried. Abit of movement caught my eye and it looked like a mouse running up the zipper entrance to our tent and by the time that thought occured to my personage I passed back out into sleep. Thinking about in in hindsight it may have been a hand unzipping the doors to the tent. This is the first real off occurance that I can remember right now.

Another occured when my family and I were working on a spot of land my family owned near a small town that we were going to move to eventually. Getting to the story my Dad and I were clearing some under brush in the forrest on the land and I decided to come out to the truck for a dring of juice or water and when I got to the tuck at the opposite end of the driveway (a winding gravel road into the woods that we were clearing) was sitting something that scared the living daylights out of me. It looked like a giant bobcat (giant maybe since it was about the same hight as myself which I was rather short as a child and about four to four and a half feet tall aprox while sitting) and it was just staring directly at me. The eyes are what REALLY scared me bad; like a gut fear you only get in nightmares as they seemed just wrong.
I can`t describe them any other way as I don`t really remember what scared me about them but that they didn`t look right. Maybe like owl eyes on a large bobcat would be easier to describe it as. Needless to say I ran back into the clearing where my Dad was clearing the brush and the thing was gone by the time we got back to the truck after.

For a long time I had been afraid to go to sleep because of the sense of being watched by countless eyes. There wern`t any but just the sense of SOME PEOPLE watching me while I slept led to many years of insomnia untill my Mum came to the conclusion that it was because of my countless specimen jars all around my room (I`m an amature entomologist as a hobby) and she with that for a while by closing my door. But still didn`t take it away compleatly.

Another incident happened in the middle of a bookshop in a mall downtown when I went to pick up a book entitled Abducted! by Debbie Jordan and Kathy Mitchell. When I picked up the book to look through it I heared someone wisper behind me `this is evil` but when I turned around there was no one around me for afew isles over that were all paying attention to whatever they wee doing yet this voice was right behind me (I bought the book regardless of the voice). I used to be devoutly Roman Catholic untill I was excommunicated for wearing a blazer and having forest green hair back then (I was more goth then, now I`m usually more steam/diesel punk/rivethead). So I don`t know if that had anything to do with what I had heared or not. All I know now is that I would have like to thank the Archbishop who excommunicated me so I could find my true patrons(dieties) of which I follow the Mesopotamian folk belief (as can be summised by my username), but the REAL mythology of it NOT the Sitchinite dren that alot of people think of when they hear of that.

There`s also been countless poltergeist activity throughout my life too many to mention right now (such as things flying across the room, odd noises or scents that were NOT experienced by just myself). but I have also creeped people out by seeing things before they happen like that last time was I was wondering what happened to my Dad`s eye as it looked like it was bruised or something and he kept insisting that there was nothing wrong. So he comesback from his girlfriend`s house that he was working on with a black eye (the same one I saw something wrong with) and told me never do that again as he was creeped out by it. He had ended up getting bonked in the eye with the hammer he had been using.

I also Have a gread interest in genealogy of which I`ve been able to trace my Mum`s side to 5582 years at 170 generations and my Dad`s side to 5582 years at 185 generations over numerous countries cultures and interesting houses. My wife`s genealogy is just as intricate and interesting and I may start afew threads about the matter at a later date.

I know that there is no real HARD AND SOLID evidence of any of this (other then the genealogy part of what I have stated as I have papers, trees and documentations of that); but those are my experiences from my past and I cannot explain rationally some of them. Later on when I got more and more skeptical of such happenings I started to doubt any of it actually happening but I can`t look at the experiences other then through my perspective. If I hadn`t lived through alot of what have mentioned here I wouldn`t believe it either as they do just sound like stories on an alternative internet site from some crackpot know nothing looking to gain attention from others that they don`t really know.

I hope they were entertaining regardless and look forward to further involvment with this site and everyone here. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nergalbanda1

Welcome here! It was most informative to read about your experiences. I've had similar experiences of voices and presences, and I am one who believe that there might be something which science alone can't totally explain.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes, welcome. These accounts of incidents that you've posted, thus far, are very interesting and I hope for more. I think it's great to be able to trace your heritage to such elaborate lengths, as we don't always have such ability to do so here in the US.

Thank you, thank you for stepping away from GLP! I've never been there myself, but it must be a nightmare from what I've heard.

I really hope you enjoy ATS, after all, you've had four years to watch and read, much the same way I did before joining in 2008. This is a site full of wonderment and information, and if you can't find that for what you seek here, then it probably doesn't exist.

Good to have you aboard, again, welcome!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Thanks! Personally I believe that both science and spirituality are needed as there are gaps without each other and hence my quote in my signature as well as it being from a favorite sci-fi series.
Would be interesting to hear afew of your experiences as well I you havn`t posted them yet; but if you have I`ll have to search for them a little later as I have to go to work soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Thanks for reading about my incedents! Yeah the geneology IS a little more difficult in the states as the records over there use the english means of doing so which tend to have a lot more dificulty going beyond three or four generation or even just as far back as Elis Island immigrations. If one has French-Canadian or Metis or Accadian roots the search is a little more easy as the records may be older but were much more meticulous.
I never posted on GLP but sometimes just lurked as I did here and yes it had a tendancy to get wierd over there and NOT in a good way kinda weird. There is a better balance of opinions over here then there.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome!

Enjoy your day at work!

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

And wow, those are some interesting experiences!

Looking forward to seeing you around the site!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and enjoy your time here.

top topics

join