It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unb3k44n7's Re-Introduction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Greetings ATS

I joined this site in July of 2012, although my introduction wasn't much of an introduction, in fact, I don't even remember writing it at all. I've been here regularly since I joined up until now.

So, I'm here to properly introduce myself: My name is unb3k44n7, them user name is inspired from the German word "unbekannt", which translates to the English word "unknown", which, really, pretty much sums up who I am. I live in Wisconsin, I'm female (for those who are unaware) and I do indeed sport high-function autism. Although, if you met me on the streets you wouldn't even know it. I'm just like most people for the most part, except that I have a hard time with interpersonal relationships; I have a hard time making friends and keeping them, and also lack, to some degree, when it comes to picking up on social cues during conversations at times. I can also be quite sensitive when it comes to social interactions especially when I interpret them to be going wrong even though they might not be. I'm loyal to those who show care and compassion, but often drop people abruptly if I don't feel a connection with them after some time, which is something I need to work on.

I'm attracted to intellectual banter (attracted more to the minds of other people) and have a strong affinity and love for animals.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
cont..

I work full time in healthcare helping patients with their every day tasks of living. I work with rehab patients as well as cognitively impaired patients, long-term care and hospice patients. I monitor their health, and come up with the preventative plans to keep them from being further injured, and I also work extensively with patients who have moderate to severe behavioral and mental health issues.

I enjoy taking road trips and shopping on my time off, which only happens about 5 days out of the month, at which I usually find myself trying to catch up on errands and housework (cleaning) and laundry rather than spending the time actually having fun (lol)

I love movies, especially apocalyptic, sci-fi movies, horror flicks, and dramas. My all time favorite show is Law and Order SVU, and yeah, Ice-T is the awesomeness. Some fun facts: A top hobby I enjoy is spending time and ammo at the shooting range, I'm also an excellent swimmer. I was a martial artist for 6 years, at which I trained in ground fighting, self-defense, and weaponry.
The last 2 months or so before I left, I was just beginning my training in cage fighting. Cage fighting is something I've always had a strong passion for, and still, yet, have never gotten to do after all this time. I partook in many tournaments and excelled over the course of my schooling, and placed above-average in many events, although my strongest event was Sparring, which is similar to boxing, except you can use all of your limbs. I was nick-named "The Bulldozer." lol.

I joined ATS because of the vast amount of alternative topics that it sports, which I'm very pleased with. For those who are unaware, I initially came across the site while trying to figure out, while doing online research, information on some things I was experiencing. Which later I found what I was experiencing were called synchronicities via ATS, which is then I learned of the word and the essence of what it entailed. I have also had a UFO sighting a number of years ago.

I have partaken in "paranormal investigation" for a short time as a member of a legitimate group of investigators called "The Fox Valley Ghost Hunters" Located in the Green Bay, Oshkosh (Fox Valley) region of Wisconsin. Although my stay as a member was brief, I partook in about 5 or 6 investigations with the team, in various locations, over a course of several months. The experience was invigorating and extremely intriguing as well as thought-provoking, although also frightening and sad at times.

I spend most of my days now at work (they might as well just give me my own room there since I practically live there) and driving to and fro and thinking too much about EVERYTHING constantly. I don't think I can go more than an hour without being in deep-thought about something, it's one of my personality traits, and yes, it's really quite exhausting. I sincerely envy people who can't or don't think deeply and analytical about everything obsessively and can just let themselves kick back and smell the flowers in front of them.

I will debate on posting a picture of myself in the Member's Media Photos Thread maybe sometime this year, or perhaps in a few more years. (Yes, I'll be around for a while)

I'm very interested in certain people who, for some reason or another, I deem to find fascinating and interesting, but often don't know how to go about forming contact or connections with them without it turning awkward somehow =P So I usually just end up enjoying them from a distance (haha)

I read a lot of stuff on here, a lot of old threads that are buried, and pretty much every new thread that get's posted, so chances are I've read/will read most of what many of you have contributed or will contribute. And looking forward to it.

So that's pretty much it I think, I might add more later but I have to run to the store (keeping up with cleaning and laundry.. and errands/paperwork AKA the "aftermath" of my work week, which is almost as frightening as an apocalypse movie lol) on one of my five days off, of course,when I'm supposed to be out having a fun or something)

I'm also quite proficient in comedy, can find and provide comedic relief in just about everything, It's one of my more stronger traits. My sarcasm is also quite developed. I'd love to write Ice-T's lines in Law and Order SVU, seriously that would be so great. Maybe I should go back and rewrite this intro into a comedic screen play? I can, if requested, you know. (Just kidding) :-P

Oh, and there you have it NSA and other alphabet agencies etc. now you have an updated profile of me (I'll be first in line to be fema-camped for sure
) Haha.

Alrighty, if you actually read that whole into (I'm quite aware it was a 'bit' overkill and will likely, at some point wishto delete most of it later on but won't be able to) you get a complementary purple ribbon with a rhino sticker on it for your time and effort, from me to you. Cheers, and I hope to see you all around and about!

edit on 11/10/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That was a helluva introduction and I must say quite the reflection of myself. Nice to know I exist out there. hehe

Hey, I've been on this site for years and have yet to develop any 'friends' as it were. Ackwardness is apparently my forte.

You certainly sound like the perfect fit for ATS and since you aren't "new" to the site, instead of welcome I will say: How do you do?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Hm, this is quite a noble job you have there. Thanks for introducing yourself... I'm John and I'm in physics.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Welcome aboard or back and thanks for that informational opening.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hello, Unb3k44n7, and welcome back.

Seems that we have some things in common. Like the fact that we like brains (om nom nom
), and love of Sci-fi.

That was a great intro, and look forward seeing more of your posts around the forums.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
And I'm not even aware of this:

Member's Media Photos Thread

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Nice to meet you too,, John. Physics is excellent. We should chat about it sometime if the occasion arises.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Oh I never did leave, just wanted to properly introduce myself for once, thank you!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sooooooooooo............I hear you are giving away purple rhino ribbons ? I hope you intend to keep that promise.
Lol just kidding, very cool introduction, pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Now THAT was an intro. Long, no just very informative! Glad you are here. We are all loved.

P

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

A Purple Ribbon with a RHINO STICKER? Seriously, who WOULDN'T want one?! Of course I'll give you one, as long as you promise to flaunt it in public areas with pride.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
WOW!!!!!!!!! Missy you really know how to catch a persons eye.Im from Oklahoma,born and raised in Texas,,So i guess its safe to say im confused lol.I have always enjoyed talking to you and reading your post i have yet to introduce myself.Im married two kids a stay at home mom.My husband is the one who showed me ATS so far i like it alot.Its nice to meet you.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

A pleasure to officially meet you, Lady

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I, of course, know who you are... I mess your name up regularly in chat room shout outs.

I am so glad to know more about you. We are very alike in many many ways.

Hang in there, we are one big family. With all the aches and pains, accomplishments and joys that the goods ones seem to have.

BT

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
nice to know youu

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hey,

Nice to meet you,

I'm in Australia,

again nice to meet you

James.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

best introduction i saw on this site so far.

constant thinking isn't bad, as long as it isn't chaotic. meditation may help with that, but as you were into martial arts already, you probably know that.

sci-fi you say. firefly/serenity perhaps?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
yawn

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Welcome.

Your personality sounds like the female version of me. Always over analyzing everything I come across and constantly thinking without pause. It gets to be intense for the people around me. I'm used to it but my friends, or what limited number I have, always find it hard to keep up with me.

Thanks for the thorough introduction. It definitely gives the members who read it a true feeling of who you are. That is the point, right? So job well done. Glad to have ya here and I'm looking forward to your posts mainly because they will probably be just as lengthy...

Which is good because I can appreciate when a member keeps my attention.

Rare these days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join