Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

JFK was killed 'by a mystery bullet': Nurse who tried to save President claims

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Didn't see where anything about this had already been posted:

She described the bullet in an interview with the Sunday Mirror, which she said looked completely undamaged, and bore no resemblance whatsoever to bullets later shown as evidence in investigations into the President's murder.
She said: 'I could see a bullet lodged between his ear and his shoulder. It was pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage. There was no blunting of the bullet or scarring around the shell from where it had been fired.

source

“I’d had a great deal of experience working with gunshot wounds but I had never seen anything like this before.

“It was about one-and-a-half inches long – nothing like the bullets that were later produced.

“It was taken away but never have I seen it presented in evidence or heard what happened to it. It remains a mystery.”

source

I do wonder why she is only now speaking about this in press interviews 50 years later? Or is this old news that is just being rehashed? I'm sure there are a lot of you with FAR more knowledge of the JFK assassination than I so I'll leave it up to you to judge if there is any significance to what she's saying. The second source article has more details and the text of her interview.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Usually if new stories keep coming up regarding a previously hashed and rehashed and re-re-hashed story it's typically more disinformation and distraction.

The more crap people are willing to accept in addition to whatever truth they think they know makes what they do know all crap. If it seems like: the general populace is beginning to see the forest through the trees then its best to start planting more trees.....we obviously don't see enough of them.

This is the first I am hearing of this of course.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Well,

I for one would like to see what Rising Against has to say about this.

As far as i'm cocerned he is the expert on JFK.

Also one has to think that this is the one conspiracy where certain info could possibly endanger your well being if information is released too early. So I see a reason to wait for so long. But that is speculation on my part.
edit on 10-11-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

To play devil's advocate here, there are a couple things that could account for the differences this nurse describes. The first and most obvious would be a simple misidentification of the bullet she saw. The rifle supposedly used by Oswald was a 6.5mm Mannlicher-Carcano, bought from a mail-order catalogue. The cartridge shown by the FBI matches that, appearing to be Italian standard surplus, firing a 162-grain jacketed flatnose bullet. That lines up with the one supposedly recovered from governor Connally's stretcher that's come to be known as the "Magic Bullet." Not that it would need to be particularly magical to do what it supposedly did, but I digress...

The only part of the nurse's description that doesn't fit (the Carcano bullet was 1.2 inches long, so that's fine too) is the pointed profile, which does not match the 6.5mm at all. That does tend to lend some credibility to the idea that another shooter was involved, possibly using a rifle firing the very similar 6.5mm Swedish or several other closely related cartridges.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I have a 6.5 Carcano, funny looking LONG round nose bullets. They (the projectile) are just over an inch long, like Shadewolf said,,, BUT I have a box of 6.5 made by "prvi partizan" from Serbia that are FMJ BT 139 gr which means full metal jacket, boat tail, 139 grain weight, and they are pointed, not as much as a Nosler tip is pointy but long and pointed just the same. If I knew how I would take a pic and post it

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skycowboy

Yeah, 6.5mm bullets generally tend to be heavy and long, which is what makes them so popular for long-range shooting. Low-drag profile and high sectional density. The Prvi stuff is different from the original Italian loads that Oswald was using, don't ask me why, but they go with a lighter FMJ-BT bullet.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Well this is a shot out of the blue, as they say.

She doesn't talk for 50 years, yet figures now's a good time. If there's any truth to it, maybe someone else in the operating room will now speak about this. That bullet had to go somewhere after she "saw" it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very suspicious that this is coming out now. I posted this on another thread
but maybe it is worth considering seriously, now more than ever.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Interesting find OP! S&F!
As for the video above that has to be one of the stupidest theories about the assassination I've ever heard just as ridiculous as the Secret Service Agent accidentally shooting JFK.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Should we do a quick dig on Phyllis Hall?

Phyllis Hall

A nurse in the outpatient clinic at Parkland Memorial Hospital in 1963, Hall was in Trauma Room One during the treatment of President Kennedy. Shortly before the assassination, Hall assisted with the care of Marina Oswald during her second pregnancy. Recorded December 16, 2010, February 7, 2011, March 9, June 5, and December 13, 2012, and February 22 and June 12, 2013. www.jfk.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

mike dangerously
As for the video above that has to be one of the stupidest theories about the assassination I've ever heard just as ridiculous as the Secret Service Agent accidentally shooting JFK.

Strong words there mike. I didn't think it was stupid at all.
Did you ever hear of punctuation, btw?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

I listened to the entire interview you posted, her one chance to "testify" for the record at the Museum, and she has ample opportunity to talk about the bullet she "saw", including during a long question and answer period, and does not mention this bullet. Seems like it would have been one of the main things she'd speak about in this short of interview. If I met her that's what I'd ask - why she didn't mention this mystery bullet during this important interview.

She does say in the interview that "the body was tampered with" when talking about looking at data the Bethesda autopsy. This is an interesting interview, and she has lots of memories of John Connolly's injuries and treatment, her observation that Kennedy was stone dead when he came into the hospital, that he had no pulse, and that most of his brain was spread onto Jacqueline Kennedy and gone from his skull cavity.

edit on 11-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It was 'lodged' in his neck, yet she could see the pointed tip?

Do any of the other doctors or nurses at Parkland verify this story? No.

We've had magical bullets, pristine bullets, and frangible bullets. Now we have the mystery bullet. Who can keep track anymore? Maybe that's the point.

Consclusion: Disinfo.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

observation that Kennedy was stone dead when he came into the hospital, that he had no pulse, and that most of his brain was spread onto Jacqueline Kennedy and gone from his skull cavity.

I noticed that, too.

The time of death has always bugged me because JFK didn't die at Parkland, he died in the car...
When you hear the mainstream documentaries they always say that JFK was pronounced dead in the ER as if there was some chance of life after his brains were totally blown out...

For as long as 43 minutes they tried to resuscitate a man who's brains had been totally blown out... Phyllis Hall also mentioned that the CIA and the Secret Service were creating distraction in the hallway... Parkland had a busy ER, Phyllis Hall knows what gunshot victims look like, she can describe the injuries because she personally viewed them, including the bloodspray coming out of John Connally's lung cavity...

Phyllis Hall has only been giving her testimony for a few 5-6 years. If she had spoken out about the mystery bullet after the shooting any earlier there would be a high probability that she would have ended up on the long list of dead witnesses to the JFK assassination.
edit on 11/11/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add more

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

(GRAPHIC WARNING FOR POST, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART, METHINKS)

It seems obvious from the Zapruder film that JFK died as soon as the bullet hit, it terms of brain matter. The brain left his skull - that bullet pushed the brain right out - and it went up in the air, both sideways and upwards, as well as onto Jackie Kennedy's dress. I would guess that she brushed it off. She wanted to keep the blood stained dress on "To show them what they've done" or something. But the brain, she would have wiped that off, and lots of it was probably in the car and in the parking lot or the hallway, falling off of her. The second a doctor saw him he would have thought "He's dead Jim" but everyone at Parkland Hospital pretended that they could save him, gave him all kinds of life-support treatment, knowing at the same time that the man's brain was gone and his wife was wearing more of it than he had left. (I just realize this is quite graphic, and will put a warning on it, but it seems to describe what probably happened in 1963. Too soon?)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

mike dangerously

Hi Mike,

Are you referring to the theory in Mortal Error by Bonar Menninger (or something along those lines), about the agent in the second car stumbling with the AR15?

I remember reading that book back in my late teen/early twenties, and finding it quite interesting, and possibly plausible. I haven't really looked into it since. Is there some source that debunks that theory that you know of?

Cheers,
Rewey

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Just common sense and watching the zappuder film and the doctor's testimony JFK was DOA when they got to the ER at Parkland.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is a report of a full metal jacket being recovered and Oswald's old rifle had bullets that exploded on impact.

The Xray technician at the autopsy (I can't remember his name) has sworn that the Secret Service made him take xray's of JFKs skull with planted shrapnel, after the full metal jacket was removed.
edit on 14-11-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

zazzafrazz
There is a report of a full metal jacket being recovered and Oswald's old rifle had bullets that exploded on impact.

The Xray technician at the autopsy (I can't remember his name) has sworn that the Secret Service made him take xray's of JFKs skull with planted shrapnel, after the full metal jacket was removed.

In a triangulated fire scenario, with exploding bullets, Jackie should have taken some shrapnel. Look how close her head is to Jack's head in Z-313.

But you are right in using the term 'exploded' because Jack's head does certainly explode, perhaps from simultaneous front & back shot hitting at the same time. But this would still result in bullet shrapnel in the limo... if the first bullet broke apart why wouldn't subsequent bullets do the same thing? If there were other evidence of bullet shrapnel in the limo it would explain why the limo was immediately confiscated and refurbished before forensics could examine it.

I'm sure the JFK ballistics experts (any of you out there?) can hopefully give more insight about trajectories and shrapnel.

new topics

top topics

join