It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Choose Your Accent, What Would It Be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, after giving this some careful thought, I would have to choose my own accent.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would go with James Earle Jones with a British accent.

This thread reminds me of a time when I sat watching a Filipino cook trying to communicate with a Puerto Rican machinist in English. Good times.

edit on 10-11-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gerard Butler's Scottish accent, or Jonathan Rhys Meyers Irish accent in bend it like beckham..
edit on 11/10/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I kinda like my Yooper accent. If I had a different accent I wouldn't feel quite as much at home here. I think I'll get myself a can of pop and watch the bloob tube for a spell. You can't fake a Yooper accent, it is way too far advanced for that. It takes many years to screw up your speech that bad.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Cool accent -

Mob boss. Italian mafia boss. 'Tonight I take care of all family business'; 'I'll make him an offer he can't refuse' .... excellent. Nothing can touch that one.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Australian.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I like the Russian accent, or maybe Texas.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
South African.

Evil but sick.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

CJCrawley
South African.

Evil but sick.

I love the South African accent. Was going to say the same.

Or Welsh.

I can pull off Nyungar pretty well, but that offends a lot of people a they think I'm taking the micky.. and I doubt any one else would even know what they sound like.. lol

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had a dream the other week that I had a British accent and I remember thinking that the women would love it. lol

And I absolutely LOVE female south african accents! I ran into a girl on the train between Minnesota and New Jersey with one and I almost stalked her just so I could hear her voice.
It was an awesome accent!

Personally though, I would love to have an Irish accent if I had a choice.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
im Irish and our accent is the best, no doubt.
Not the hollywood "oirish" accent, begorrah bejayzus.
A good thick Dublin accent.
But if i had to choose a different one?
Definitely a Northern Irish accent on women....dead sexy.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Would pick an Irish accent, possibly New Zealand / Australian accent... French, Italian....

I love a man with a Scottish accent, or Australian...or Native American accent...English, but not the "posh" polished English - that just sounds snobby to my ear...something that has strength, heart, poetry in it

I guess Irish accent is my #1 for me.. I find American accents (including my own) to sound so boring.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I will confess that I have used my Sean Connery impression for evil. It absolutely kills the ladies of a certain age---like my wife!

Otherwise I would pick an old, soviet style thick Russian accent, in my best Boris Badenov voice.

"Capitalists of decadent west can be laughing, but in Soviet Union, you don't tell joke---joke tells you."

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Oh British all the way!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join