It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite videogame cutscene?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Evening,

KotOR II doesn't have many cutscenes on youtube but they did have the ending scene. I can't even begin to guess at how many hours I wasted on that game but in all the time I played, I could never bring myself to play the Dark Side. I started out trying to play as a Sith on several occasions but I just couldn't do it...I always ended up going back to the light side within a few hours of starting...

Heheheheheh....not exactly a cutscene but definitely worth posting!

XvT or X-wing vs Tie was the third PC flight sim from Lucasarts that fused the diametric sides of the game franchize into a single product. I didn't get to play with it for long before X-wing Alliance was released and I never bothered with XvT again but it was a long time in coming. Not as long as Duke Nukem but still...

I never played Rogue Leader but I heard it was a fun game to play. Unlike it predecessors, they were actually able to get the rights to use some of the actual voice overs from the motion picture...

Finally, we this little Lucasarts salute with Rebel Strike with the Fondor Strike scenes. As always, the voice actors are terrible but it's an older game.

Enjoy!

-Peace-
edit on 26-11-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Afternoon,

Not exactly a cutscene but a must for Starfleet Command or Star Trek fans.
The race specific music of the games various menu interfaces was truely spectacular.
I tried to post a few before but they really didn't do the compilation justice.

www.youtube.com...

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

And it's all in game assests

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Strongfoot20

What exactly are we looking at?

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
some really awesome choices there, sonic.. who can forget that.... even know the music from each level stuck in the mind like a blob of hard tar. sephiroth.. the greatest game badguy ever.

Greatest final fantasy intro that has ever or will ever be made

FF8 Dollet landing, great sound track that I must learn on guitar.

Where one story ends another starts

remember when final fantasy was good.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Evening,

Nice clips...thank you for posting them.
Nice nick too...always was a sucker for Brit-coms.
Never played console games but some of these clips make me wish I had.
Allow me to retort...

-Peace-
edit on 8-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Call me old fashioned but..

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Very nice!
Reminds me of the animation used for the arcade game "Cliffhanger", taken from the anime Lupin III.
Really takes me back.
Sorry the next clip isn't the actual game...it's a clip of the cartoon itself but Cliffhanger game clips don't exist on YouTube.
It is however the games opening sequence.

-Peace-
edit on 14-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 14-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: 'Nother Typo

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
this one always meant something special to me as if i knew the lord of destruction personally

always loved this one.. had to play after seeing this.. right towards the beginning.. main character blows up the town he lived in for 3 years with no recollection of memory beyond it.

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
From COD Modern Warfare 2, this is the death of Ghost and Roach. This was such a well done scene.

Mass Effect 3 - Leaving Earth at the beginning of the game. Just an epic scene with an amazing soundtrack.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Very nice indeed.
Don't you find it strange there's so much conflict and bad mojo between MW/CoD players and BF players?
How in the Sam Hill did all that bad blood get there?
They can't stand each other and I don't get it.
We're all gamers right?
We all like F.P.S. situtations.
Even within the various franchizes, the MP aspect of these games seems to breed contempt even amongst other players of the same title. I mean we're all on the same team at some point aren't we? True, that there will always be a small percentage of hackers/exploiters/glitchers/cheaters who will always ruin the fun of any game but few seem to keep that in mind out there.
It's my only real gripe about MP action.
"Guys...it's just a game. We're all trying to have fun here together. The same player you're hating on now will likely be on your team in the next match so what's the point?"

Time for a few more cutscenes...

-Good Gaming-

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by allenidaho

Very nice indeed.
Don't you find it strange there's so much conflict and bad mojo between MW/CoD players and BF players?
How in the Sam Hill did all that bad blood get there?
They can't stand each other and I don't get it.

I'm really not sure. Back in the day, the two series (BF / COD) were completely separate. Battlefield was solely multiplayer and COD was mostly singleplayer.

In BF's case, there was Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142. All of them were multiplayer only with no major storyline to speak of. And it worked. They were fun to play and very popular.

But then, they shifted gears moving more toward singleplayer. And fans of the COD series probably felt that BF was just trying to copy what COD was doing.

Me, I play them both.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here are some great scenes from Far Cry 3.

This one is where Vaas explains the definition of insanity at the beginning of the level "warrior rescue service".

This is where Vaas tries to set you on fire.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

allenidaho
Here are some great scenes from Far Cry 3.

This one is where Vaas explains the definition of insanity...

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hola,

I am not sure I agree with all ten of their picks but some of them are pretty fantastic.
What do you think?

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
One that kinda scared the crap outta was at the beginning of Resident evil 1 when you get to the end of the hallway and the guy kneeling down turns around slowly and his mouth and chins covered with blood... first zombie experience I guess.

Nothing by today's standards most likely......

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
There was one cutscene from a game, I remember bits and pieces of it, I remember it was some dude coming to his hometown, and somewhere along the way he stops at a vending machine and buys a coke and drinks it. There is something about that scene, wish I could remember its name, but I'd remember it if I saw it again. It might be a final fantasy game tho...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join