It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invisible Helmet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Two Swedish women sick of wearing ugly old bike helmets have done the unthinkable... they have created an invisible bike helmet. The best explanation really for this is to watch the video because I don't want to spoil it.

Clever, isn't it?

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Clever clever very very clever!!!!
Thinking outside the box can produce spectacular results
Star and flag for you and for them...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

awe man, i dont have yt at work! whats the jist of it??

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I love the video, I had no idea what was coming!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Clever? That's brilliant. I kept trying to imagine what this helmet might look like. The end was a total surprise. I'd be interested in knowing how the trigger mechanism works, since it isn't activated by impact alone. This product could revolutionize motorcycle helmets too, as the concept is perfected, and able to sustain high speed impacts. I applaud these ladies. Well done.
edit on 11/10/2013 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder if that would work when you are being chased around by your wife with a rolling pin

A personal airbag for your head. I wonder what triggers the deployment though.

S&F

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I instantly thought about motorcycle helmets as my mom and step-father ride. It seems like it could easily be tailored for that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sorry but the title was misleading I saw it on facebook but didn't watch the video ..

It is an inflatable helmet they invented a airbag for your head ... sorry but this is hardly ground breaking they are using a pr stunt of saying invisible helmet to generate interest.

Still one is relying on a proper working device to save their heads I think If I were to wear a helmet I would wear this cardboard helmet check it out
always guaranteed to work

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

ValentineWiggin

I instantly thought about motorcycle helmets as my mom and step-father ride. It seems like it could easily be tailored for that.

I think that might depend on speed of impact. No doubt there is a fundamental difference between going 10mph and going 60mph. Regardless, the prodcut is certainly genuis.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I simply titled it after the source, if you read it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

That's true, it would have to be made out of some serious material for those speeds. Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
polyester leisure wear you can wipe out in...
do i see a future when invisible body suits will be manditory...?

compared to obamacare premiums the cost should be a bargain

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Danbones
polyester leisure wear you can wipe out in...
do i see a future when invisible body suits will be manditory...?

compared to obamacare premiums the cost should be a bargain

Right?! LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I know that is why I said they using it as a pr stunt if you missed read that

The same phrasing was used in facebook

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

They are in the makings of a full body air bag for motorcyclist see if I can find it again

here we go

edit on 10/11/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

eta sorry thought they were in the making but i guess they are already for purchase

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
It is invisible. It is a helmet.

Do you have to look through the airbag in your car to drive? No, because it is not there.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Very cool - and a great idea.

Would love to see some data as to effectiveness, but it looks like it would be as least as good as a standard bike helmet.

If they can get the cost right and they get the official approvals/blessings they probably need in order to market it effectively, they are going to be very successful.

Anyone have any info on what the cost might be?

I'm a motorcyclist so am keeping a keen eye on this. I live in CT where a helmet isn't required by law, but I also live right along the border with NY. I can't tell you what a pain in the ass it is to have to know before I head out whether or not I plan on going to, or even crossing into, NY. And it is *very* easy to cross state borders multiple times - even while riding along the same road.

edit on 11/10/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find any information on cost.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

ValentineWiggin
It is invisible. It is a helmet.

Do you have to look through the airbag in your car to drive? No, because it is not there.

No I don't see my air bag because it is packed away in to the steering wheel of a vehicle but it is there.
It just doesn't appear out of no where .

If it were invisible it would always be deployed but would be completely transparent as if it were invisible , this is not the case of the invisible helmet or my cars airbag they are packed away till deployed .. it is just an advertising gimmick
but whatever

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Invisible or not this girls need some credit! What a brilliant design. Perfect for sitting on a bus or train and you have some leaning on you snoring their head off.
Fantastic design

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join