It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do chemtrail debunkers have to gain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The debunkers are continually accused of being paid shills. Almost every thread about chemtrails has this trait. But as with any conspiracy, what is it we are always told? Follow the money. So who get's the money? It seems the chemtrail promoters are the only one's getting paid. They have donation buttons on their sites. The sell you DVD's and offer to come speak at your engagements.....for a fee.

So the next time you see a person going over the top to convince everyone that contrails are actually something else, think about their intentions. Think about the $.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Until I read your reasonable OP and was just clicking for the title, I was going to say "to get the truth told over the din of fear and misinformation."

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

network dude
What do chemtrail debunkers have to gain?

The question should be ..What do chemtrail debunkers have too lose..

If they are correct about there being nothing to it,,they get to say "I told ya so",,,,if they are wrong & there is something to it ,,they can just blend in with the majority of people that never questioned it in the first place...
edit on 10-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Deny ignorance. At least that's the nice way to say it.

I thought that was what this site was all about. Am I wrong?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

network dude
The debunkers are continually accused of being paid shills. Almost every thread about chemtrails has this trait. But as with any conspiracy, what is it we are always told? Follow the money. So who get's the money? It seems the chemtrail promoters are the only one's getting paid. They have donation buttons on their sites. The sell you DVD's and offer to come speak at your engagements.....for a fee.

So the next time you see a person going over the top to convince everyone that contrails are actually something else, think about their intentions. Think about the $.

Here is an article about the Canadian government hiring people to monitor and post in forums to mold public opinion regarding seal hunting. Couldn't the same thing be possible with the chem-trail debate?
www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Mikeultra

network dude

Here is an article about the Canadian government hiring people to monitor and post in forums to mold public opinion regarding seal hunting. Couldn't the same thing be possible with the chem-trail debate?
www.cbc.ca...

Or... there might be more people like me - people with scientific background (or at least a larger number of scientific courses at the college/university). Look at my profile, look at my other postings - I just don't like scientific NONSENSE.

I will always talk against Free Energy from magnetic Perpetuum mobiles, against impossible electro-physical explanations (what is so difficult about the Faraday's cage?!) and anything else which just isn't correct under the physical laws.

You say chemtrails, I say contrails. Like it or not, I will not accept that people without ANY insight into avionics are feeling entitled to tell us "chemtrails are the REALZ! are you a paid chill?!" - no, I just deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

ManFromEurope

Mikeultra

network dude

www.cbc.ca...

Or... there might be more people like me - people with scientific background (or at least a larger number of scientific courses at the college/university). Look at my profile, look at my other postings - I just don't like scientific NONSENSE.

I will always talk against Free Energy from magnetic Perpetuum mobiles, against impossible electro-physical explanations (what is so difficult about the Faraday's cage?!) and anything else which just isn't correct under the physical laws.

You say chemtrails, I say contrails. Like it or not, I will not accept that people without ANY insight into avionics are feeling entitled to tell us "chemtrails are the REALZ! are you a paid chill?!" - no, I just deny ignorance.

I asked a simple question that requires a yes or no answer. Not or...! I didn't ask for anyone to provide their resume. So again I ask, is it not possible that people are paid to mold peoples opinion? I gave an example of the Canadian government doing so with the seal hunt.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

That falls in the general vicinity of an Ad Hom argument. Even if people are being paid to dispute the chemtrail myth it doesn't change the validity of their case.

Having said that, based on everything we know about how our government operates it seems unlikely they could keep a campaign like that secret for long.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

DelMarvel

That falls in the general vicinity of an Ad Hom argument. Even if people are being paid to dispute the chemtrail myth it doesn't change the validity of their case.

Having said that, based on everything we know about how our government operates it seems unlikely they could keep a campaign like that secret for long.

So your answer is yes then? What argument is ad hominem?

What do you have to say about this? I'd recommend reading the 30 page pdf before discounting the possibility of infiltration on forums. papers.ssrn.com...
edit on 10-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: r

edit on 10-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: pdf link

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that if the argument stands on its own merit it doesn't matter if it is being made by "infiltrators" or not.

However, I've seen zero evidence that any kind of paid campaign against the chemtrail myth is going on. I'll have to look at your linked doc. when I'm back at my dwsktop.
edit on 10-11-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Page 14 papers.ssrn.com...

2. Governmental Responses

"What can government do about conspiracy theories? Among the things it can do,
what should it do? We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1)
Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind
of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories. (3) Government
might itself engage in counterspeech, marshaling arguments to discredit conspiracy
theories. (4) Government might formally hire credible private parties to engage in
counterspeech. (5) Government might engage in informal communication with such
parties, encouraging them to help. Each instrument has a distinctive set of potential
effects, or costs and benefits, and each will have a place under imaginable conditions.
However, our main policy idea is that government should engage in cognitive infiltration
of the groups that produce conspiracy theories, which involves a mix of (3), (4) and (5)."

Also I just found another thread that is relevant here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: ATS thread link

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I started a thread on why I debunk - yuo can read my reasons here

Is it possible "Government" (or the NWO/Illuminti or any organisation of choice) pays people to alter public opinion on social media - AFAIK that is established fact and there is a fair bit of evidence around that they do.

But why would they bother?

there is no verifiable evidence "chemtrails" exist, the phenomena completely coincides with contrails, and the debunking of chemtrails started before "social media" actually existed!!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think it's entirely possible. But what I think here, is the chemtrail proponents took a page out of the playbook, Possibly page 30, and are perpetuating it to keep the money flowing into an argument that anyone with time enough to think, would know is pure garbage.

Follow the money.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Mikeultra

because it is an indirect way of suggesting that people who debunk are paid to do so - it provides no evidence that such is actually true, and paints guilt by association - "because someone somewhere is paid to be on social media then let's suggest that debunkers are too..."

It's not particularly subtle.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Mikeultra

because it is an indirect way of suggesting that people who debunk are paid to do so - it provides no evidence that such is actually true, and paints guilt by association - "because someone somewhere is paid to be on social media then let's suggest that debunkers are too..."

It's not particularly subtle.

Oh, you must have misunderstood me. I wasn't saying all "de-bunkers" are being paid to do it. I was just pointing out to the fact that it does exist.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
the necessary peace of mind for grass munching for some

general deniability and the necessary veil of ignorance to continue unimpeded in their weather war/control experiments and to feed the overweening hubris that leads them even think of trying to put mother nature in chains and play S&M games with her.

perhaps all those dead people in the philipines might be alive today if the all the SRM/Geo-engineering tampering had never gotten off the drawing board?

who can say? as any guilty parties are hidden behind legions of willing and unconscious dupes blowing smoke screens....

and some shil*COUGH*debunkers, I mean really need to update their playbook
or at least look up the Manhattan project with regards to the gov's ability to keep a lid on things; how many decades was tge tuskagee experiments running again?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

did you mean to provide some actual evidence, or is generic shirt slinging as far as your position goes?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Mikeultra

Oh, you must have misunderstood me. I wasn't saying all "de-bunkers" are being paid to do it. I was just pointing out to the fact that it does exist.

you must have misunderstood me - I didn't say you said "all debunkers are being paid".

I was just pointing out that bringing the tropic up as if "just asking questions" is an indirect but not very subtle way of suggesting it is so.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

Mikeultra

you must have misunderstood me - I didn't say you said "all debunkers are being paid".

I was just pointing out that bringing the tropic up as if "just asking questions" is an indirect but not very subtle way of suggesting it is so.

I didn't know I was using tactics, I really thought I was just asking a question. Possible or not? And the answer is yes.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Brilliant!!

"I'm just asking questions" - from your own keyboard - thanks!!

J**ing off - 1. the act of spouting accusations while cowardly hiding behind the claim of "just asking questions." 2. asking questions and ignoring the answers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join