It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help finding the toolbar on my daughters new computer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
open up _ Internet explorer browser,,,right click the gear icon at the right top - put check mark in Menu Bar

CX

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thank you everyone...i appear to have found it. My head hurts so i'll explain how i think i did it later.

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated.

CX.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

The problem with windows 8 is that IE11 is standard. You can downgrade to 10 fairly easily though IIRC. Beyond IE10, windows 8 refuses to let you install any previous versions. you can still install firefox and chrome and opera though, which would ease the process along. In IE11, right click the title bar then choose menu bar.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There are 2 versions of internet explorer in windows 8, the "modern" version which you are currently using and the more traditional version with the menu bar that you are currently not using. The modern version is stripped down and is made for touch and full screen viewing, the desktop version is well, what you have always been used to. You can change what you are using by opening IE and then swiping up from the bottom of the page. Then click on the wrench and choose view in desktop.

If you have updated to windows 8.1, which I highly recommend, you now have the option to choose desktop by default. In fact you have a bunch of new settings that will make it seem much more like the older version of windows you are used to. The 1st link below is for the IE setting, the 2nd link is all the new settings and options you have with 8.1. Anyone who prefers the older version of windows should install 8.1

winsupersite.com...

winsupersite.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I hate Windows 8.

It's designed to force you to use the computer like you would use a smartphone or tablet.

I downloaded Classic Shell and it lets me use windows 8 like any old version of windows I want.
Works fine.

It was either that or throw the damn thing out the window.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
UMMM...
internet options can also be found in control panel

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Blowback
open up _ Internet explorer browser,,,right click the gear icon at the right top - put check mark in Menu Bar

I also told him to right click anywhere along that line near the gear and the menu options drop down.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Press F11 on the top of your keyboard

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Start>
Control Panel>
Internet Options>

Go right past Security-Privacy-Content-Connections-Programs
Stop last on right at ADVANCED

Click>RESET INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS

Will require a simple restart

Will put browser to original store-bought condition

It should come up, and then you can use whatever Firefox, Chrome...whatever

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There should be no need to reset you browser settings.

If you cant see the toolbar its almost certainly because internet explorer is in full screen mode. To toggle between full screen mode and normal mode you just have to press F11.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join