It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Justice Louisiana Style- Family arms themselves to save girl rather than wait for cops

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Source

Maybe someone can imbed the video for me. Woman in Louisiana is kidnapped by her baby's daddy as she is picking up her child from school. He forces her into his vehicle, leaving the child alone in her car and takes off with her. She is missing for days, police "doing what they can" to find her. But her family bands together, arms themselves, narrows down the area where they think he may be, and goes from property to property, until they find him in an abandoned house, beating and stabbing her. Family barges in and shoots him, picks her up and carries her off to safety, leaving the police to figure out if he is dead and clean up the mess. No doubt, if this family had waited on the police, she would be dead right now and that child would have lost his mother. Inspiring story about how guns can also save lives.

The video shows the family as they were storming the house.

"We went and got her in that house. We kicked doors down. It was like a movie unfolding," said Arceneaux's brother, Ryan Arceneaux. "If we wouldn't have done what we did, she would have been dead." Ryan Arceneaux; a second brother, Kaylyn Alfred; and other family members stormed the house, about 10 miles west of Lafayette, La., and 65 miles west of Baton Rouge, La., grabbed Bethany Arceneaux and left the man accused of kidnapping her, Scott Thomas, 29, of Leonville, La. Thomas is the father of her son. "I'm so happy. God is good," said Bethany and Ryan Arceneaux's aunt, Monica Arceneaux-Henry, after the rescue. Thomas died later Friday, said Cmdr. Kip Judice of the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office after police deployed a SWAT team to the scene. Thomas succumbed to injuries he sustained during the confrontation with Bethany Arceneaux's family members. Judice said family members injured Thomas as they were defending Bethany Arceneaux.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2013 by Under Water because: Sorry keep trying to post pictures and videos, but don't know how....

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"He keeps threatening to kill us," Arceneaux wrote in her June 15 complaint to police that resulted in the protective order. "He put a knife to my neck countless times," choked her, dragged her by the hair and held herself and her son hostage.

Sounds like the neighborhood was tired of this guy. They have their own way of handling things down there. I bet crime in that neck of the woods goes null for a while.

Yah, yah justice denied. What justice? The "justice" that let him get away with all that other s*** obviously wasn't working.

In this case, according to the story as presented, case closed…

court adjourned.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Nothing like a little frontier justice. Cudos to this woman's family. She's lucky to be alive. This should be the happiest holidays for them. Justice is served!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

This is what we need more of to reverse the trend in police abuses of the public.
People willing to solve crimes* themselves and prove to the police that they are not actually needed and if they continue their abuse against the public the public will demand that they disband.
How long would you be willing to feed and house a dog that bites you and doesn't protect your house?

*I myself have tracked down property stolen from me and recovered it whereas the police took a report from me and afterwards sat around with the thumbs up their (fill in the blank) and did nothing. I have nothing but distain for this abusive societal drain.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here is an earlier version of the story as it unfolded.

Scott Thomas, the alleged kidnapper, is deceased. Deputies say a family member killed Thomas after he was confronted with Bethany Arceneaux. Deputies say the family member was trying to protect Arceneaux from being harmed further and acted to defend her. It is under investigation how he died. Deputies say family members did shoot Thomas, who was armed with a knife, when he began hurting her with his weapon. The coroner just arrived on the scene.

Source KATC

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Im all for what they did, but make a video? that's stupid, it is incriminating against themselves, or was it narcissism. Either way, glad she made it home to her baby.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Ranong
Im all for what they did, but make a video? that's stupid, it is incriminating against themselves, or was it narcissism. Either way, glad she made it home to her baby.

Peace.

The video was shot by a news photographer, not the family. Everyone was following this story for days. Seems the news and police followed the family rather than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm glad that they got her back. I hope that this family does not face their own charges. Unfortunately however, I suspect that will. This will be almost certainly categorized as "vigilantism", and the authorities do not like to encourage that sort of thing; the thinking being that to allow it undermines state authority and will cause a societal breakdown. However, it is often a chicken or the egg scenario in that regard. People turn to vigilante justice when the state is no longer effective. That is how the ball gets rolling at any rate.

Not to mention that the boys in blue here have some egg on their face right now, and the response to embarrassment by the establishment is usually not to admit ineffectiveness or wrong doing, but to make themselves "right" by making others wrong. This is human nature, but when it comes to authority constructs it is more common, and when it comes to those authority constructs that are in a cycle of maintaining power by utilizing oppressive, abusive tactics (as much of our police forces are shifting into now) it is ubiquitous.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Thanks for filling me in. That makes much more sense. I can't watch the vid. Interweb connection in rural Thailand is pretty crap.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Her family saved her life from a sub human psycho-I really hope they are not prosecuted for that.
In an ideal world,the cops would have got their first,but in this case the family had to take on the work of the cops to save their girl.
This kind of thing happens a lot in parts of Asia-and its sort of ignored by the cops for the most part.
We don't see much of it in the west though.
I hope she recovers from her horrid ordeal,poor girl

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That's my concern: that the family is prosecuted for some ridiculous reason.

Unfortunately I can see it happening as there are so many laws now-a-days the family had to have broken something. So in the interest of equal justice for all, the state will prosecute. Never mind the family was trying to save one of their own from danger.

The state will see it as a means to demonstrate they are the law, circumstances be damned. Citizens trying to right wrongs will not be tolerated. It will be labeled vigilantism, threat to the public, whatever.

Never mind most Americans would support the actions of this family. Justice is not the goal. Defense of the law and those charged with its implementation is.

....call me cynical.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One word comes to mind.

That sick bastard got what was coming to him.

The police in this country are only good for anal probing guys clenching their but cheeks.

Yeah sure there are a few good ones. But the bad ones seem to outweigh the good ones.

top topics

join