It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MRI cause left hip to move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
has anyone else experienced physical movement of internal organs during an MRI? My hip kept pushing in with each pulse phase of the machine.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

No, however I could definitely feel the effects of the magnets throughout my entire body, and so much so the next time I have one they are going to have to give me Xanax. It was unnerving.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No but it sounded like someone was hitting the machine with an aluminum baseball bat....very annoying.

Hope I never get another one. The radioactive stuff in my veins was creepy too.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No, I've had many.. Experienced alot of crazy noise tho. Like banging and buzzing.
I found them relaxing.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I had my skin seem like it was hot from an MRI. The technician looked at me kind of strange when I told him about it. I researched it and found what caused it. I had been doing body work on my car and the rust had impregnated into my skin. The areas that were exposed at the time, my arms, neck, and face seemed to be effected the most but I did have a little hot sensation in my legs, I originally was wearing shorts when I decided to start the project but the paint chips kept hitting my legs.

It took about five hours to research this phenomenon and come up with the answer. I guess this isn't taught to technicians or doctors even though this is known by some in the scientific community. The metal got into my pores and even a shower wouldn't get rid of it. I guess a good sweat would get it out. I suppose no harm would come from this, but you would think that a technician would be trained to give this answer instead of looking at you like you are strange.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I felt a LOT of heat inside my body during one MRI - in organs I guess. No explanation. Otherwise no effect.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
When trying to get an MRI of the my shoulder, the muscles would start to twitch every time they turned the machine on. The technician kept fussing because I was moving but it was totally involuntary.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have had multiple MRI's (because of joint issues and MS) and I have come to regard them as very, very expensive magnet therapy.

I haven't had any ill affects...but let me ask you this: Have you had your tubes tied? If so, you should look into what kind of procedure you had. I recently found out I have a titanium clip that came loose and is migrating around (visible on hip xrays) The titanium isn't a problem with MRIs, but there was another sort of clip used made of a different material that IS a problem. That would certainly move around, and would cause an odd sensation, I would think. [ETA: Based on your avatar...thinking you are a man. So probably scratch the above suggestion, unless you had a vasectomy
)

Otherwise, no...it shouldn't make your body move if there isn't any metal on or in you. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I recently heard of a young lady that had an eyeliner tattoo. The MRI turned your eyelids inside out and started pulling them off. She ended up with two black eyes by the time she got out. obviously, some sort of metal was used in the ink.

edit on 10-11-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Didn't you press the alert button? You could have told them what was happening and ask if it was a concern.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

soficrow
reply to post by rickymouse

I felt a LOT of heat inside my body during one MRI - in organs I guess. No explanation. Otherwise no effect.

I'm thinking that Iron stores in various organs might be susceptible to the MRI. I would guess blood iron would also be at least a little effected. Maybe that is why I feel a little unsteady after getting off the table. I had about four of them after my car accident and when I was having problems in the lower abdoman from a reaction to the medications.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I regularly get MRI scans to track the progress of my MS. Usually I have absolutely no problem apart from the noise but earlier this year was different: previously I have only had my head scanned and, during this portion of the scan everything was the same as before - no ill effects. For the latest scan however, my neurologist wanted a scan of my spine too. As soon as this started I began getting a slightly warm feeling slowly working it's way down my body as the scan progressed. At first it was slightly unnerving but gradually it became uncomfortable.

Once the scan reached my lower abdomen though, it stopped. 'Great' - I thought - 'glad that has finished' but just then the technician informed me the final part was about to begin. I told them what I had experienced and they said I shouldn't have felt anything and asked me to keep still again and continued scanning. The heat came back immediately and I felt it's course through the rest of the scan.

Finally I heard that it was all over and I was removed from the scanner. As soon as I sat up I was woozy and dizzy and I had to sit there for a good 5 minutes until I felt steady enough to stand up. Again I explained what I had experienced and again was told it shouldn't have happened - I was more or less told it was my imagination. I left the hospital feeling very weird - almost at the point of passing out and generally spaced out. I had trouble trying to form a coherent sentence. This lasted a good 3 - 4 hours. I explained what had happened to my doctor in a follow up appointment and was told I should not have felt a thing and that maybe I was having a panic attack. This has never happened to me before in my life.

Certainly not looking forward to the next one

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

i did press the alert button, she said it was abnormal that it was happening

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

MrGrey1701
I regularly get MRI scans to track the progress of my MS. Usually I have absolutely no problem apart from the noise but earlier this year was different: previously I have only had my head scanned and, during this portion of the scan everything was the same as before - no ill effects. For the latest scan however, my neurologist wanted a scan of my spine too. As soon as this started I began getting a slightly warm feeling slowly working it's way down my body as the scan progressed. At first it was slightly unnerving but gradually it became uncomfortable.

Once the scan reached my lower abdomen though, it stopped. 'Great' - I thought - 'glad that has finished' but just then the technician informed me the final part was about to begin. I told them what I had experienced and they said I shouldn't have felt anything and asked me to keep still again and continued scanning. The heat came back immediately and I felt it's course through the rest of the scan.

Finally I heard that it was all over and I was removed from the scanner. As soon as I sat up I was woozy and dizzy and I had to sit there for a good 5 minutes until I felt steady enough to stand up. Again I explained what I had experienced and again was told it shouldn't have happened - I was more or less told it was my imagination. I left the hospital feeling very weird - almost at the point of passing out and generally spaced out. I had trouble trying to form a coherent sentence. This lasted a good 3 - 4 hours. I explained what had happened to my doctor in a follow up appointment and was told I should not have felt a thing and that maybe I was having a panic attack. This has never happened to me before in my life.

Doctors ignore people's reports i think so they don't set themselves up for lawsuits because they work so primitavely when it comes to reports like these, they ignore them and say you have emotional or mental problems rather than investigate why these things happen, i proved that by the video i put up on a thread about schizophrenia the other day. THe health care system is a load of donkey doo-doo right now, it's a shame health care insurance is becoming mandated. What are my tax moneys paying for, a kind lie and some apple pie?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

MrGrey1701

Doctors ignore people's reports i think so they don't set themselves up for lawsuits because they work so primitavely when it comes to reports like these, they ignore them and say you have emotional or mental problems rather than investigate why these things happen, i proved that by the video i put up on a thread about schizophrenia the other day. THe health care system is a load of donkey doo-doo right now, it's a shame health care insurance is becoming mandated. What are my tax moneys paying for, a kind lie and some apple pie?

new topics

top topics

join