It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Houston, 2 dead and 22 wounded

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

olaru12

FirePiston
Ugg... I wish the projects folks would stop....Instead of going after the real culprits they try and take our guns away. We need Ghetto control not gun control.
Firepiston

Ghetto Control?

How? Like they did here.....

www.myjewishlearning.com...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Your links have nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Once again, 1, 2, 3 '' We dont have a gun problem ''

you all claim guns are important for defense yet, when someone takes their gun and shoots up innocents no one saves the day with their mighty guns!

save the world, quarantine America!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
Once again, 1, 2, 3 '' We dont have a gun problem ''

you all claim guns are important for defense yet, when someone takes their gun and shoots up innocents no one saves the day with their mighty guns!

save the world, quarantine America!

So these people were wanted, i.e. were not allowed by law to have a gun, don't you hate it when criminals don't want to follow laws? I'm sure if we banned guns these guys would have given them up...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

the only reason there are so many guns available in American society is because its so damn easy for people to get them.

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Sandy hook the result of a gun owners guns getting loose?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Sandy hook the result of a gun owners guns getting loose?

So the convoluted half baked story goes.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I may as well update this story since no one else has.

It was a girls 18th birthday party that was plastered all over social media and drew a ton of people. 100's of teenagers and adults gathered to celebrate the event. In a idiotic move by some patrons, celebratory gun shots were fired in the air. Someone shot a pistol in the air, which then garnered return fire, killing two people. Kids scrambled out of the second floor window and were frantically trying to escape. As a result of their completely moronic behavior, 2 people died and two dozen or so were injured.

I would say this was just a really badly supervised party that got entirely out of hand. There should have been more responsible adults around, but that is in hindsight. The shootings were not purposely meant to harm initially, and I'm sure that the return fire was in self preservation from a few members. Either way there was no logic in any of the actions. Doesn't surprise me if any of the people did not legally owned the guns.

Idiots? Definitely.
Why anyone shoots in celebration is beyond me.
Waste of a precious resource these days and it got people killed.

Source

edit on 11-11-2013 by havok because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

havok
I may as well update this story since no one else has.

Thanks for the follow up Havok as it really helps to tell the story.
What a sad scenario, what should have been fun turned into this because of a few people acting stupid.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Honestly I updated it because of the "mass shooting" hysteria behind the title. As if the drama wasn't enough, the explicit word "mass" had to be used to describe a bad incident. All to stir fear and drum up support for an underlying agenda. In my opinion, of course.

It is a travesty what took place, undoubtedly. But to give it a title that strikes the reader with such a voluminous amount of carnage that really didn't take place, bothered me. When I hear the words "mass shooting", I am unfortunately thinking of an extremely bad scenario with hundreds dead. Call me "desensitized", or what have you, but this wasn't the case.

It was a really bad accident that could've been prevented had the idiots not brought their weapons with them. I won't get into my personal opinion on the matter, let's just say that I am probably correct in assuming they weren't legally acquired weapons, properly trained people, or CCW permit holders.
I.e., law abiding citizens.

amirite?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

havok
Honestly I updated it because of the "mass shooting" hysteria behind the title. As if the drama wasn't enough, the explicit word "mass" had to be used to describe a bad incident. All to stir fear and drum up support for an underlying agenda. In my opinion, of course.

My motivation in posting it was seeing multiple different web sites reporting a mass shooting. I hesitated at first because mass shooting seemed like a bit of a misnomer to me as facts were coming out but I was in a rush so figured just get it out there as is.

I certainly have no intention to drum up any fear at all I just went to get breaking news out there and people can form their own opinions .

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

Ah, and you take the ATS bigot comment of the day, stand and be recognized!

On to other things, I'm waiting to see how the law enforcement is going to respond to to this. Moar planes, trains, and automobiles i bet.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Opeth, I sincerely hope you didn't think I was blaming you for the wording. If so, or if my posts were leading to the such, I do apologize. It was never my intention to point any fingers at you, because I know you were just relaying the message.

I know those words are being used all over the MSM to support someones agenda, which is to create more fear of guns and try to lead a convincing argument to support the disarming of our nation. Clearly this is a real agenda, and they are going to choke the ammunition supply in order to get their wish. Bypassing the amendment which protects our right to protect ourselves from any threats to our freedom. Domestic or foreign.

Just my humble opinion, is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join