It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the police in my town. Oh dear...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by dave_welch

the kicker cop would have been immediately arrested by the others if there truly was any HONOR amongst those "good" cops you refer to.

isnt that the truth, why would i for 1 minute believe in the police or anything they say..we see these incidents daily and never a fellow officer bringing any of this wrongdoing to light, they all cover or look the other way for thier brothers in blue.
i would NEVER call the popo.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Burn them. . .we need to stand against these idiots who want to present themselves as PEACE officers. I'm so tired of cops acting like this. I know I don't know what they have to put up with, but what would THEY do if someone treated them this way?

Yes, all kinds of trouble for assaulting an officer. What needs to happen is the formulation of PoliceWatch programs in every city and state. Of course, all they need to do is ask for a little change in an ordinance and suddenly it's illegal to film them or even watch them do their "jobs".

This kind of abuse violates the constitution of their state and this country. They should be immediately fired since they have shown that they can not handle their "jobs".

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by dave_welch

the kicker cop would have been immediately arrested by the others if there truly was any HONOR amongst those "good" cops you refer to.

The other 2 cops are accessories, criminals.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The police report was different from what happened? I'm not surprised - that's what happened in my case over in Idaho a month or so ago, the police report was amazingly inaccurate. When my attorney filed for discovery, she got the report, and then requested police audio (which by law is supposed to be recording situations) but it was off due to "low battery power."

I am under the impression that it would be a miracle if any police report was accurate, I think the police are fudging them all the time, night and day, as they write them up as paperwork after a long day's work.

In my police report, for example, loads of evidence went missing into thin air,and I was cited for claiming some paraphernalia that I had never claimed - what I did claim apparently never existed in the first place. The most logical explanation was that the police wanted to simplify the report to reduce paperwork, in my opinion.
edit on 10pmSun, 10 Nov 2013 18:59:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
"do not judge all police by..."

This line is the entire problem. Folks who say this simply do not understand what they see and still have their childhood programming working overtime.

Here is why: Walter, a cop sees an old man being beaten by a teenager. Walter runs to stop it, as it is his job (even though no law requires him to do so).

Walter sees a cop beating up old man, Walter acts in an entirely different manner and allows the beating to play itself out.

People cannot see what is going on here. There are two standards for Walter. For Walter, violence is subjective, yet for the rest of us, violence is objective. Walter has a moral block placed in his head the rest of us do not. Walter can see violence as good and bad, while the rest of us are programmed to see violence as bad.

Since all cops have this programming, you cannot say, "please do not judge all cops by..." as you MUST judge them all by the bad cops. Yes, one bad cop does make the entire bunch rotten, if only because they all are forced to operate under "rules" that cause their pre-cop moral compass to go haywire.

If police demanded their system control their actions we might be able to say "one does not define the rest" but because cops as a mass work to curb all controls, review themselves, investigate themselves and operate based on a moral code they made up themselves - a code that looks nothing like ours, you have to agree the problems is all.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

dave_welch
reply to post by HanzHenry

You know that the bad cops probably out number the good ones, by this point. But, there are still good cops. Please don't make generalizations. If all cops were bad, every town and city would have police brutality issues.

i think you might find that every town and city would have brutality issues if the evidence actually came to light....by the good cops not pulling the bad cops into line makes the good ones bad too i'm afraid......this is happening all to often....

it would seem that police these days come from a back ground of violence hence why these videos surface...the people in these jobs are clearly desensitised to violence and enjoy enforcing the long arm of the law in the worst kind of way

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You make a very good point I think, though I'm not sure if it runs counter to Dave's view, or not.

Dave entreats us not to tar all cops with the same brush, and I'm sure he has a point.
Surely there must be some decent police officers left?
I don't envy their position, but I have to admire their courage.
So I'm with Dave on that one.

Your point is that bad officers indicate a bad system, if I've got it right.
I agree with that completely.

These positions are not mutually exclusive; however .....

I'd like to ask Dave if he feels that the presence of some good cops justifies the retention of a police force we agree to be institutionally corrupt ?
And just how "good" is a cop who stays silent in a corrupt force ?

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The sad thing is now the cops will deliberately avoid pointing their cars at the scene, so nothing gets on camera

top topics

<< 1   >>

join