It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: At least 2 dead in Texas shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just read this on a Belgian news site. Nothing on CNN yet.

5 to 8 dead after shooting in NW Harris county. Helicopters flying in and out with wounded.

soulwaxer

edit on 10-11-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

Just changed the title. The Belgian news site has just corrected their mistake. So now it's 2 dead and at least 18 wounded.
edit on 10-11-2013 by soulwaxer because: correction

Here's an update from KTRK TV Houston:

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- More than a dozen people were shot, including two people who were killed, when gunfire rang out at a house party in northwest Harris County overnight, according to officials.
It happened on Enchanted Creek near FM 529. The Harris County Sheriff's Office says at least 17 people were shot in all. Of the deceased, one was dead at the scene. The other died after being transported to the hospital.
As for the injured, we're told one person is in critical condition. A total of four people were taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital and three people treated at Ben Taub. Eight to nine people were taken to Methodist West Hospital.
At this point, we don't know what led up to the shooting, but we do know there is an active search underway now for suspects.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, between 60 and 70 people were at the party when the shooting happened.
We are gathering details and will post any new information on abc13.com and on our mobile news app. And make sure to watch Eyewitness News beginning at 6am for the very latest on this breaking story.

This must have been a horrible ordeal. Let's hope all the wounded make it through ok. My thought go to everyone that was there and the families of the victims.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Here is some info on this . rt.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Nevermind.

Is this it?

www.chron.com...
edit on 10-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

bluemooone2

Here is some info on this . rt.com...

Thanks bluemooone. I found another article on a local news site in Texas, but can't get the link to work. Here's the text:

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're following breaking news out of northwest Harris County where there are reports of multiple people shot.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, five to eight people were shot on Enchanted Creek near FM 529.
Life Flight officials confirmed they were called to pick up multiple patients.
No other information was immediately available.
We sent a crew to the scene to confirm additional details. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

nightstalker78

Nevermind.

Is this it?

www.chron.com...
edit on 10-11-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Hadn't seen that. Lot's more info there. By the way, this is from your link:

Investigators are trying to determine if alcohol was served at the party, which did not appear to have any adult supervision, Gilliland said.

Anybody here ever been to a party where no alcohol was served?..

Looks like there were 60 to 70 people in the house. That means the shooters hit about a third of them. Sounds like complete chaos.

edit on 10-11-2013 by soulwaxer because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
60 people in the same house. What'd they think was going to happen? Did you notice the face of the guy behind the words on the flyer? I wonder if I should disappointed I didn't get a personal invitation.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Im glad its not another mental guy with access to AR-15 he shouldnt have.

Still a horrible tragedy i hope the culprits are found fast and given the full length of the law and not shot by cops.

Not enough people answering to their crimes the laws are meant to deter them from, for these shootings.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I watched two different local channels this morning with continuous updates from the scene. They now say that appox 100 people were at the party ranging in age from 14 to mid 20s. I'm not sure but I believe they said the young girl that was killed was 16.

new topics

top topics

join