It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up of Comet ISON information continues - why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

NASA ran a story headlined 'Comet of the century?' with the question mark on January 13 2013 - - - before the quip was used in any MSM piece. Check this out.

That would be because at the time they just weren't sure about what this comet would do as this is the first time it has entered the inner solar system hence the question mark.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes it is. I liiiiike it when you lot come out to play. Did you see my bit in orange text above? That neat way the inversion works?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

It's a catchy title that worked a little too well I suppose.

The MSM took the ball and did the rest though.

Are you going to just ignore the other wrongs pointed out to you in this thread?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think the reason the MSM aren't giving it much coverage is because there isn't anything to see, and if there isn't anything to see people don't really care.

If it becomes a bright enough object to see with the naked eye, I'm sure it will get a mention. But you have to remember, the vast majority of people don't really care about astronomy and what's going on in the solar system.

As for the rest of the anomalies, I'm afraid I'm not at all convinced, blurry youtube videos and crackpot lone theorists do not a convincing argument make for me. I think Ison is just another rock looping around the sun.

Hope it lights up and gives us a good show though.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EV150

Those cigars ya talking of are odd alright. Do you reckon you could smoke em?

Check out the links in my post here reply to post by Tallone
An object alongside of the ISON nucleus and also anomalous objects found in the tail.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Yes it is. I liiiiike it when you lot come out to play.

So would you like to clarify the you lot come out to play, or are you talking about the ones who actually understand that this is just a comet and nothing more?

Your OP has already been shown to be a fallacy with the notion the world is being kept in the dark about Ison from the MSM when it has been shown your wrong.

But hey if you want to fear this comet go right ahead, but remember it is just a comet that will not come close to causing harm to you, me or the Earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Tallone
NASA ran a story headlined 'Comet of the century?' with the question mark on January 13 2013 - - - before the quip was used in any MSM piece.

Time Magazine, December 2012
Coming in 2013: The Comet of the Century?

The Independent, December 2012
could be Ison - the comet of the century

NBC, December 2012
The 'Comet of the Century' ...

Huffington Post, December 2012
It's being called the "comet of the century"

The Daily Mail, December 2012
Brighter than a full moon': The biggest star of 2013... could be the comet of the century

Examiner, September 2012
the year for the comet of the century if not the millennium

Your accusation that NASA started the trend in 2013 is not supported by the evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Not an accusation, just an observation. Good search and destroy.

The fact remains it is NOT the comet of the century. It is the comet of several millenia. Just as I claim at the very top of this thread. That's the second paragraph from top.

ISON the comet (so far) of several millenia.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

TheProphetMark
reply to post by coldkidc

December 26th.

Got to admit, this is some pretty interesting stuff you compiled OP but I don't want to make any speculations as I already made a fool of myself last year. So the shutdown starts just as ISON passes Mercury? I guess we won't get to see what happens to Mercury.

So much has happened this year, and even to me personally that came to me in a form of a dream of which another member also experienced on the same day.

I don't know about you all, but regardless of what is to come - I'm ready for it. It will be spectacularly beautiful moment in History one way or another. God bless you all, and have mercy on our souls.

Thank you for the kind thought and I must say I really like your attitude.

I think we all make fools of ourselves at one time or another. But that is okay because it is part of staying young. So don't give it a second thought.

Dreams carry weight to my mind. Science and material facts do also of course. But dreams can tell us a lot if we are ready to listen. Yes, the main thing is to be mentally ready. You can have the deepest bunker in the mountain and still be mentally unprepared for what eventuates. Personally though, I am more concerned right now on why so much is being hidden from us, and why there would be such a huge effort underway to kill even the hint of any discussion of a cover up. Interesting isn't it.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

No, no. You go for it. Address the points one by one. A healthy debate. That is what I am all about. One by one, go ahead.

And yet you never reply to the posts showing multiple MSM articles on the Comet.

How come?

You quote the last part of Wildspaces post where at the beginning of that post there is a link to all the articles Google found in the past week,

what type of cover up media black out are you imagining, there have been at least 2 posts showing there isn't.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
In regard to your headline and ignoring most of your text, I offer two reasons for any supposed "coverup."

First, if you are very accepting of what science and government continually feeds you about what they want you to know, then you must automatically, without further thought, assume that there is nothing remarkable about Comet Ison. Succinctly put, It is been another flop, not living up to the hype that was poured into the early expectations.

If, as a loyal ATS member, being somewhat suspicious of science and government still denying topics such as UFOs after over half a century of detailed observations buttressed with solid data, they you may have to wonder if, indeed, there is some withholding of relevant data about Ison that would upset the whole, complex chain of propaganda that basically denies that we are, and have been for eons, being visited by strangers to our shores.

Regardless of which school of thought you subscribe to, you may find some interesting insights in one of my several threads on comets secreted away in the Skunk Works forum. The thread "Rethinking Comets" is a start for you to do some independent thinking.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Op I would be willing to bet you thought Elenin stood for "Extinction level event Nibiru is near"....
edit on 10-11-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Elliot
What about no mention of Comet Brewington, Comet Enke and Comet Lovejoy, all at around the same time as Comet ISON?

How come there is no mention of the Four Comets in MSM. This should at least make the broad sheets newspapers if not the 'Daily Scandal' newspapers. Some many intellectuals who just might be interestsed, not to mention us 'common folk'? No?

And don't forget Comet Linear in that bunch. I think there's actually 5 now.

Historically I'm not sure what the "record" is, but 5 at one time has to be up there...

Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Personally though, I am more concerned right now on why so much is being hidden from us, and why there would be such a huge effort underway to kill even the hint of any discussion of a cover up. Interesting isn't it.

What exactly is being hidden from us?

And what cover up are you talking about that needs discussing?

Let's see how you answer these, and then I'll tell you how interesting it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

What exactly is being hidden from us?

Silly Surfer... no one can see behind the curtain!
Sadly, some cannot even see that there is a curtain.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like many others thought Elenin was going to be an awesome sight and a bringer of doom that so many stated, like Ison is becoming. A member named ET man made reference to a comet potential disaster which would change the life as we know it in a sort of cataclysmic scenario. Well, those of us watching Elenin saw it self destruct before even getting close to the sun. Many claimed it was the bringer of doom, references of Nibiru, wormwood, bla bla bla. It fell apart, And had good coverage from the media. Some even made theoretical connections to the coming comet destruction And movie Deep Impact with the black president. Sounded way to good to be true. Well, here we are again another comet and hundreds of You Tube videos of doom and gloom backed this time by the Janet Napolitano reference to a 100% assurance there will be a EVENT in the near future,(as stated at her retirement from DHS) The DHS stock pile of munitions and heavy equipment, FEMA region 3 staging of supplies and government website contract bid proposals for supplies to be capable of delivery in a 36 hour timeline. Those things from the government are not a conspiracy, the facts are readily available to view on line. but the question no one can answer is WHY, Why is the government stock piling Food, Weapons, Equipment, Shut down our own version of Missile tracking system Per Air force, bla bla bla,. it has been all over the net. but why.

Now comes Ison, But this one is a bit different. and seems to be sure of a good show, A bringer of Doom? that is of course a hard call cause it would seem that Elenin may have dulled the senses of many now and the many other comets that have come and gone without death and destruction. But other than NASA actually stating we will be in its "Dust" trail for almost a month after it leaves us.(if it makes it around the sun) We may encounter a few good meteor showers from it but that really Might be all. I find it extremely difficult to believe, that with the thousands of astronomers around the planet, That we cannot get a view of what happened to Mars with a video of actual timelines. I do find it perplexing that India sends up a mission to Mars and yet we have no public record of their viewing to the red planet. One would think THEY would have been watching it like a hawk for a mouse. But nothing,, why is that? could it be as simple as Nothing to see? or a global agreement of hush hush. Givin the latest developments by the DHS and FEMA I am on the fence, not to mention the reminder of the Doomsday seed vault and others like it built since 04.

Good thing is, we dont have long to wait for an answer.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I second that. Nicely put. May I join you on the fence?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Riffrafter
Historically I'm not sure what the "record" is, but 5 at one time has to be up there...

Anyone know?

About 400 - 500, depending on how you count it.
There are in fact a very very large number of comets available for viewing on any night. It just depends on how big your telescope is.

This link HERE is to a picture of 22 comets photographed in one night taken by Gustavo Muler. And HERE is a thread he started about it, on an astronomy forum.

I suppose about 50 comets in one night would be a practical upper limit, given you need some exposure time.

Edit - and this link takes you to the list of comets at mag. 16 or brighter. There are currently 17 of them, but I've previously seen the list larger than this.

edit on amSundayfam1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Please do,.
plenty of room,. Mine is set up like a tree stand, a place for pop corn, with drink holder and my panic button.

edit on 10-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I would like to ask you simply and directly: why are you posting this? If you have made the least effort to research the topic, you would know, as has been constantly pointed out, that there is nothing unusual about this comet nor the amount of press it has been receiving. At least Comet Elenin had a name that people could conjure with. All you are doing is parroting superstitious nonsense about comets being harbingers of doom. Why?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join