It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle Dreadnought Aurora, RD05. [Nov2013]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by BO XIAN

I remember the White Dragon by the legendary Ann McCaffrey, I took a sicki just to finish it!

P

that was a fantastic story and I thought Ann never did a worthy follow up although some will argue that.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Yul Brennar but I can't remember the title. It was set in a holiday resort that I would love to visit. The girl robots were a great idea. Just add cooking and cleaning to the data base. LOL Easy ladies, only joking! Would be truly boring after the first week. Canned answers to all of you attempts at togetherness, not my idea of a mate for life!

But good movie!

P

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

howmuch4another

pheonix358
reply to post by BO XIAN

I remember the White Dragon by the legendary Ann McCaffrey, I took a sicki just to finish it!

P

that was a fantastic story and I thought Ann never did a worthy follow up although some will argue that.

I am not sure of where she would/could have gone with it. I always thought she would eventually run out of a story line. Do not get me wrong, she will always be one of the Stalwarts of Sci-Fi, one of the greatest writers of her era. In fact she almost single handedly put women into Scifi in something other than a support role.

In fact she broke barriers one after another, just kept pounding them. No one else had done so. People now do not understand but back in the late sixties / early seventies what she was doing had never been done before.

The ship who sang had a female hero in the lead role. Piloting a star ship no less. She was sexless. She was from a minority group, she was disabled .......... and Ann just pulled it off like it was an every day occurrence. The acceptance of female lead roles in SciFi stemmed from this work IMHO.

Perhaps sometimes it is a better to leave people wanting more rather than doing a half hearted book.

P

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

So how would you have done the follow up, where do you think she could have gone?

P

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think I ran out of readers. LOL

P

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Very, very good.

You really need to develop this universe you've created. I also really enjoyed your first ship story. Going to read the 3rd one now.

I read a lot of short science fiction and have for many years. With a little development and a touch (just a touch) of polish, I would gladly read these in one of the many collections I devour on a regular basis.

There may also be a novel in there somewhere...

edit on 11/24/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Thanks, have a look at my sig area.

P

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Awesome story!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Thanks, glad you liked it!

P

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Please U2U me when your next sci fi bk is available.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

No problem, glad to!

P

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I wrote 9 thousand words in two days for the third book, now it has almost 60,000 words. Aiming for 100,000!

It is really exciting to write. I love the battle passages! Lots of fun.

P

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

CONGRATS. GLAD TO HEAR OF IT.

Am reading the DIVERGENT series, now.

I think your's is better.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You like the first one, you will love the next one. Not long to wait, maybe before Christmas even, with some luck!

P

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A wonderful read like your other works! Awesome work!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Again wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Thank you both. This is one of my favorites, will incorporate it into a book at some stage. It is just too good a story not to. A look into the thoughts of an AI and how he comes to terms with the loss of his crew and a new body.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join