It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much control do we have right after we die?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm not there yet. But I will be soon.

After dying, are we on a ride that we have no control over, or can we actually chose one path over another?

Should I trust the ride or not?

If the light appears, can I chose to go elsewhere? I have a problem with an amorphous light. Is God or Jesus able to manifest for the billions of souls, times a billion inhabited planets? Times a billion galaxies?

How much control do we have soon after we die? I doubt that we have much control, but I hope I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

You are here to prepare yourself. If you have ... then you can trust the ride. If you're running out of time, you better hurry up!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Reading near death experiences and looking at studies done around these might answer your question. I wont fear it based on what I have read. Control is an ego thing. Executive functioning shuts down when we die and this means we won't be reasoning or making decisons. Rather we will be accepting. It doesn't mean that will be distressing though because we will be back in our pure spirit form.

Some of those who die and come back to tell may say, "I didn't want to come back" or "I was brought/sent back". They did not decide. They did not have control. How I imagine it - it comes naturally from your most ancient self - a part of you that is rare to be in touch with when in this physical form. It is all knowing and a greatly expanded version of "you plus all that is"

Even those who come back have difficulty putting words to their experiences but it does give us a glimpse into what we have to look forward to. I think the "choose" light or darkness comes from the movies. In biblical terms it refers to having your spirit make a choice and our spirit is accessible to us at all times.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

droid56

After dying, are we on a ride that we have no control over, or can we actually chose one path over another?

If the light appears, can I chose to go elsewhere? I have a problem with an amorphous light. Is God or Jesus able to manifest for the billions of souls, times a billion inhabited planets? Times a billion galaxies?

How much control do we have soon after we die? I doubt that we have much control, but I hope I am wrong.

Friend,

you ask one of the oldest questions. Can the 'universe' be trusted or
can't it. Sure the universe 'kills us', which might lead one to be
distrustful. But EVERYTHING dies.. even universes.. so we shouldn't
take that personally.

All I can tell you, is that I basically died and came back, and there's
not one thing in the world to be worried about.

Now, did I have control? That depends on where you put that boundary
for "I". That's a very deep subject. Where does the "I" start and where
does it end? Where is the "true I" and where is the "false I".

People have argued about that since the beginning of the human race.

For me at least, the whole concept of time and space and movement
was invalidated during my 'little death'. There was love and love and
wondrousness!

I'm not sure 'control' has any relevance in such a place.

KPB

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There is no death, only change.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm just going to speak directly from intuition here, so you can take it or leave it.

droid56

Free will or choice only have any relevance in and below 4th dimensional consciousness (time); in the 5th and 6th dimensions, every possible choice and consequence exists simultaneously.

Death, with regard to consciousness, is the withdrawal from 3rd dimensional consciousness, so linear time and choices will cease to have any meaning. This happens gradually in the process of dying, first your 4th dimensional awareness will expand, this is often described as one's life "flashing before their eyes", one witnesses the entirety of their life's 4th dimensional timeline instantly.

As one passes through the 5th and 6th dimensions, they can experience literally anything. The 5th and 6th are the realms of potential, containing every possible path that a 4th dimensional timeline could follow. It's hard to say what one might experience. I wouldn't say you have a conscious choice of what you will experience, but those experiences will be made by your own consciousness. You'll see what needs to be seen.

Absolutely, so long as you trust yourself. If not, you may wish to make peace with yourself, or you may be in for an unpleasant experience. Either way, it will be an eternity, but it'll be over before you know it.

If the light appears, can I chose to go elsewhere? I have a problem with an amorphous light.

That light is where you're going. Moving away from that light is often associated with the worst kind of pain and fear, the kind that rips at your very soul. It's probably in your best interest to accept it.

Is God or Jesus able to manifest for the billions of souls, times a billion inhabited planets? Times a billion galaxies?

Yes. Times a billion universes. More than that, in fact. It's endlessly expanding.

One simultaneously has no control, and full control. It really doesn't matter. If you reach a state of confusion while thinking about this, which feels like your mind has gone numb and tingly, thats roughly what it feels like to have no/full control at once.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Who really knows.

I wouldn't go on what I've read. Just go with what you think yourself. Trust in that

Personally I think when we die, our physical functions shut down, but the brain may linger and be alive a few seconds longer and, if conscious when death occurred we might be partially aware. If unconscious or sleeping it will be more dreamlike. Oh I don't know, I just made that up on the fly.
Just go with what you truly believe. There is no definitive answer on this. I like surprises. I'm going with that, myself.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I hope that when we die we just get freedom, freedom to
be completely alone without anyone to dictate our future.
That would be bliss. Not having to conform to any crazy
standard for how to win at existence.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
From experience, there is no control when you arrive at what I like to call "orientation" from there it seemed there was a choice but i didn't stay long and got sent back. Try not to have any regrets and make amends to anyone you feel you wronged that weighs on your mind if any.. The brief time i was there it appeared there's some type of life review as part of the process.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Fear is created in the brain. Once you are released from it you will no longer fear what's ahead.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

droid56

The problem is that you think you have control now.
There is no you separate to what is happening. The suffering in life is believing that you have control - there is no you - there is just life and it is just happening.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

TheLieWeLive
reply to post by droid56

Fear is created in the brain. Once you are released from it you will no longer fear what's ahead.

The idea that there is something ahead is what causes the fear - what is wrong with right now? Unless you believe what the head is telling you is ahead then all is well.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here, all are free space travelers, impacted by time that no one can deter. Upon the closing of the recording process (death), all are semi-free time travelers within the unchangeable space envelope they have laid an impression within. We time dwell within this Book of Life envelope serving as the voice of your conscience you are right now feeling the weight of. Your conscience is you after you have died and now knows whats on the "other side". Listen or you will remain stuck in your Envelope for all eternity. There are things you MUST do to install and record the escape Door.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I really believe we go through a "review" period first, where we look back on our lives and see where we did well and not so well. Where we see how we hurt people and when we were kind and helped them. This is so we can learn from our life's experiences.

I also believe we always have free will, even after we transition. We can choose to walk away from the light if we wish.

But what you will see and feel there is so far outside your realm of imagining right now you cannot plan how you will react to it. Yes, there may be a light and you may think now you won't want to go toward it, but if it turns out this light draws you with unimaginable love, warmth and acceptance will you change your mind?

Maybe just make up your mind to experience it. Flow with it. Enjoy the ride. Bon voyage, my friend.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
As you can see, there are many different ideas and responses to your question. How can anybody know for certain? It behooves us to find someone who has the authority and credibility to know and will share that information with us. Now who could that be? Maybe someone who has demonstrated power over death and who has command of all the natural elements. Call on that person, all others are thieves and robbers. That is ALL that you have to do.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
OmegaSynthesis :

There is no death, only change.

Wrong on the former, right on the latter. When ''no' death comes when you die, the change that instantly follows is that you no longer exist, and never will again.

droid56:

How much control do we have right after we die?

Er, none, as you can't control anything when you no longer exist. Regardless of what you believe or want to believe, death smacks you right back into non-existance. Enjoy.
edit on 10/11/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

The Bible says . . . NOW is the time . . . TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION . . . choose THIS DAY whom you will serve . . . IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN, ONCE TO DIE, AND AFTER DEATH, THE JUDGMENT.

It also says that those who earnestly, diligently, persistently SEEK GOD, SHALL FIND HIM.

For some minority, that may be AT THEIR POINT OF DEATH. But there is NO GUARANTEE of such a last minute chance whatsoever.

For most souls, at that point, it's all decided. There's NO CONTROL over the destiny at that point.

These links may be instructive:

MARY BAXTER BOOKS:

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-1&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-2&keywords=mary++Baxter

A DIVINE REVELATION OF ANGELS

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471069&sr=8-9&keywords=mary++Baxter

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL: A LITTLE BOY’S ASTOUNDING STORY OF HIS TRIP TO HEAVEN AND BACK:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380471321&sr=8-1&keywords=TODD+BURPO

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

tkwasny
Here, all are free space travelers, impacted by time that no one can deter. Upon the closing of the recording process (death), all are semi-free time travelers within the unchangeable space envelope they have laid an impression within. We time dwell within this Book of Life envelope serving as the voice of your conscience you are right now feeling the weight of. Your conscience is you after you have died and now knows whats on the "other side". Listen or you will remain stuck in your Envelope for all eternity. There are things you MUST do to install and record the escape Door.

I'll bite -- what MUST one "do to install and record the escape Door"?
This seems reminiscent of teachings ascribed to Don Juan Matus, and/or...(from another perspective)...a number of religions.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Short of very significant changes in your cosmology and commitments . . .

At a moment in time,

THAT FANTASY

will come to an abrupt screeching halt.

And noting to yourself "Ut OH" will echo ominously through your awareness.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

droid56
...How much control do we have soon after we die? I doubt that we have much control, but I hope I am wrong.

As another said - ask 7 people...get 7 answers (at least).
If we (you, me or anyone) had the ability to see beyond this existence, then, perhaps, we could give a solid answer.
Maybe the solid answer is that there is nothing beyond this existence for us as individual beings (or - awarenesses or consciouses).
Maybe the solid answer falls within the parameters of one or more of the 7 noted above...
Maybe you wouldn't have the opportunity to enjoy or participate in or partake of this life...if you actually knew...
...in any case...good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join