It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation Army says “Gays Need to Be Put to Death”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

"But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. "

so tell me please,how do i recieve this , love of God?

That was a passage from the gospels... it was not directed at you specifically but at those who believe the entire bible is "Gods word"

but if you would like to know its quite simple... Love God, and love your neighbour as yourself...

edit on 12-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It made me feel a bit foolish for not having looked into it a little closer back then, actually.

yes..

and now does it make you wounder who really is behind this curtain ??
Agencies miss-quoting/exaggerate what's said by corps & companies do so in order to get their name in lights.. ?? naw.. they wouldn't really do that .. would they ??

or would they... ?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

" it was not directed at you specifically",,,why not ??,,im not perfect,,so this love another,,
i gotta luv a God ive never seen,
, a man, whom is a Role Model,,,who ive never seen,,
,,and then whatever is left over
,,myself.?,,who ive seen,
but not really feeling the luv,, u know?
maybe im empty?
tell me again how this works?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Surely you wouldn't suggest the Salvation Army would have allowed the misstatements this all started with by choice? If you read the transcript, the idiot the S.A. had as their spokesmen was led into that answer like a lamb to the slaughter. The radio host was paving the way and the spokesman was too naive to realize it. I can't see it as deliberate on the SA's part. They almost got jammed up real hard on this one, especially given sensitivities and political consequences to P.C. violations these days.

It's sure a bad time for it to come back up though. I know it's just aimless debating and not meant to hurt real people, but the Salvation Army is one of those that puts hot food into real people a couple times a day, every day, nation wide...among a good many other things.

They're among the good guys in so far as many people with nothing else to turn to for help or support, find it there, IMO.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Salvation Army is IMO an illuminati run organization (don't quibble over that word, its a synomyn for cabal, PTB, etc), and part of the pyramid system of inequality. And the management are generally dark hats.

They're very prejudice too, and seem to resent natives, especially intelligent, managerial ones. Who would put the near retirement, tiny elderly in the back throwing 40 pound bales around and then cut their full time hours when they immediately have a 10 month injury? Satanists in my mind. As just happened to a friend of mine. Thankfully compensation covers the majority of hours since she had it in writing that she was full time and its illegal to do that. Elitists, living in million dollar lake front homes. Turns my stomach. Elite management shows up and 3 women are injured within a few months due to their misogynst prejudice policies.

I guess its the NWO management team now in effect.

Of course they'd want homosexuals dead, and adulterers stoned.

THey're not Christ. More anti Christ.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

QUESTION
oes the bible really say that? Put gays to death? I don't remember that. What chapter what verse?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

" it was not directed at you specifically",,,why not ??,,im not perfect,,so this love another,,
i gotta luv a God ive never seen,
, a man, whom is a Role Model,,,who ive never seen,,
,,and then whatever is left over
,,myself.?,,who ive seen,
but not really feeling the luv,, u know?
maybe im empty?
tell me again how this works?

Try this... maybe it will help you understand

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Well there are some things in the old testament, and also in the Talmud about gentile girls, 3 year olds, and having sex is no different than poking in the eye. THere are some hideous things, religions seem to have 2 roads in them, and the mistake some make is trying to rationalize the wrongs and walk both roads??? You can't, you have to use discernment.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh and another thing these elitists did in the Okanagan, the new head of the Salvation army there, was determine that the bread that was out every day, they had food and bread every day, and for some people that is all they get to eat for a week. But now bread is not good for you, so they won't have that for people, even though these were deals cut with the local bakeries.

Salvation Army is run by NWO elitist dark hats.

And they don't seem to know who Christ was and what he stood for, nor try to walk in his footsteps.

Now my job IMO is to finds ways to publically poke them with a stick.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Akragon

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

That was a passage from the gospels... it was not directed at you specifically but at those who believe the entire bible is "Gods word"

but if you would like to know its quite simple... Love God, and love your neighbour as yourself...

Love God? You mean that crazy OT, bringer of plagues and suffering, false God you are always talking about? Jesus father? Ha ha you gots to love Him now. Jesus said. No more name calling.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

sweeper84
What's the meaning of "LGBTQ"??

Forget it I found the answer!!
edit on 9-11-2013 by sweeper84 because: answered my own question

One letter too many, is the meaning of that. I swear, that gets longer every few years, doesn't it?

Anyway, is that last one "Queer?" (I can't think of what else it could be.) If so, it's redundant, and a bit stupid, IMHO. I think you've got it mostly covered with "LGBT".

Or maybe there's some new quad-sexuality I'm not aware of...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

Love God? You mean that crazy OT, bringer of plagues and suffering, false God you are always talking about? Jesus father? Ha ha you gots to love Him now. Jesus said. No more name calling.

Right... Love "God"

Not Love the maniacal terrorist in the OT... As I've said repeatedly... that is NOT God

Nor is it The Father of Jesus...

Not everyone is brainwashed to believe the OT imposter is the true creator...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

Right... Love "God"

Not Love the maniacal terrorist in the OT... As I've said repeatedly... that is NOT God

Well who was it that said..."this is my beloved son in who I am well pleased"? Who said "When I work my father works".

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

Right... Love "God"

Well who was it that said..."this is my beloved son in who I am well pleased"? Who said "When I work my father works".

Not the false God in the OT...

What... do you think it was a book floating in the clouds that made that statement?

The NT says God is love... The OT imposter does not exemplify Love by any means...

They are not the same

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

iwilliam
One letter too many, is the meaning of that. I swear, that gets longer every few years, doesn't it?

lol... okay, apparently I was very right, on all counts. And I insist that's one letter too many.

LGBT is an initialism that stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. In use since the 1990s, the term is an adaptation of the initialism LGB, which itself started replacing the term gay when in reference to the community beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s,[1] as many felt the term gay community did not accurately represent all those to whom it referred.

The initialism LGBT is intended to emphasize a diversity of sexuality and gender identity-based cultures and is sometimes used to refer to anyone who is non-heterosexual or non-cisgender instead of exclusively to people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender. To recognize this inclusion, a popular variant adds the letter Q for those who identify as queer and/or are questioning their sexual identity as LGBTQ, recorded since 1996.

Okay... maybe it makes a tiny bit more sense as "questioning." But I still find that a bit over the top.

On the one hand, some intersex people who want to be included in LGBT groups suggest an extended initialism LGBTI (recorded since 1999[7]).[8] This initialism "LGBTI" is used in all parts of "The Activist's Guide" of the Yogyakarta Principles in Action.[9] Furthermore, the initialism LGBTIH has seen use in India to encompass the hijra third gender identity and the related subculture.[10] More recently the catch-all term "Gender and Sexual Diversity" GSD has been proposed.

Honestly, I find the wikipedia entry on this a tiny bit ridiculous. Why don't we just use every single letter of the alphabet in this acronym, so we can be sure to include absolutely everyone as a show of unification and solidarity? (This is the part where you picture the old-school eye-rolling emoticon.)

And I mean no offense to anyone. I do support gay rights. I just find the acronym a bit long and silly at this point. I think most of us educated folks understand, by now, that when you say "LGBT" or "LGBTQ" or whatever, that you generally mean "people who do not identify as hetero."

Anyway..... back on topic, that is kind of a screwed up statement for the Salvation Army to make, and I have a weird feeling that this could impact their donations. A shame that some people who need help could suffer because this organization is run / represented by religious bigots....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is from June. There was a thread on this previously. I did a search and couldn't find it.
But I know this has been discussed ....

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

BobAthome
reply to post by Akragon

Right... Love "God"

Not the false God in the OT...

What... do you think it was a book floating in the clouds that made that statement?

The NT says God is love... The OT imposter does not exemplify Love by any means...

They are not the same

Well just going with your flow in the discussion, whoever he was, He demanded that His Son Jesus, offer himself like a lamb to the rejection and terrible death he suffered. That doesn't sound just a tiny bit like the "OT" god? Its consistent with demands by OT god for blood redemption.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I worked for TSA for many years, but it wasn't until I was offered the position of bookkeeper did I fully understand the grandiose thievery that takes place in that organization. Officers use donated goods/monies to furnish lavish homes and buying brand new vehicles every other year, as well as going out to eat and taking vacations....all on your donations. I was employed with them for 7 years before I took the bkpr position. I left less than a year later. I used to be a huge advocate for their programs...now I know better.

You've all been warned

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My only personal experience of dealing with the Salvation Army was when they came rattling collection tins for donations in the pubs around my area, usually later on Saturday nights, when most people there had had a few drinks.

I started a conversation with one of their officers at that time, and asked about their attitudes towards alcohol.
He stated that the SA was against the use of alcohol and that he himself was teetotal (didn't drink any alcohol).
I asked why, but he just got kind of upset/irritated with me, and muttered something about the "ills of society".
So, I expanded on his answer, by saying "You mean that alcohol impairs peoples decision making? and that they do - out of character, even anti-social things when they've been drinking?"
"Yes, that about sums it up" he replied.

"Then how do you justify asking people for money when they're under the influence of alcohol, I mean if you know that their decision making is impaired, then how do you justify, as a Christian organisation, taking advantage of that fact?"

He turned a rather curious shade of red at this point! and again mumbled something about the donations all going to a good cause.

So I asked where the donation money went to, and what percentage of it actually went to "good causes".
He insisted that it ALL went to good causes.
So I asked about the running costs and who paid for their uniforms etc.
By now he was getting very angry and raised his voice as he said "I BOUGHT MY OWN UNIFORM!!"
By his furious reaction and expression, coupled with his red face, I can honestly say that I didn't believe him, but he stormed off before I could conclude the conversation.

I don't know if the donations do go towards the uniforms, tambourines etc or not, and I am aware that the SA does do some great charity work, but I was not at all impressed with that particular officer, and I stand by my earlier point that; An organisation which denounces the use of alcohol should not collect money from those under the influence of it.

I wasn't aware of their stance on LGBT at all, but am now even less impressed with them as a result of finding out.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

This is not true. It is only in America that they frown upon alcohol. All foreign countries it's acceptable for Officers to drink!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join