It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychology of Color, and the Chakras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I thought I'd share this information with you because... well, it's interesting to know why we choose a favorite color. What does our choice say about us?

It is also interesting to learn how different colors can affect our behavior, mood, and overall well-being.

This site goes into great detail concerning color:
positivemed.com...

Did you know:

Yellow: stimulates mental process, nervous system, activates memory, and encourages communication.

Green: soothes, relaxes mentally and physically, helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and depression, and offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony.

Blue: calms and sedates, cools, and aids intuition

Purple: uplifts, calms the mind and nerves, and encourages creativity

Pink: encourage action and confidence, reduces erratic behavior.
( I've read some prisons use pink on their walls to reduce bad behavior.)

Red: increases enthusiasm, encourages action and confidence, provides a sense of protection from fears and anxiety.

Orange: stimulates activity, appetite, and encourages socialization.

White: aids mental clarity, encourages us to clear clutter and obstacles, and enables fresh beginnings.

Gray: unsettles, and creates expectations.

Black: makes one feel inconspicuous, provides restful emptiness, and is mysterious in evoking a sense of potential and possibility.

Each chakra has its own unique color:

threeheartscompany.com...

There are seven main energy centres (chakras) of the body. These chakras are like spirals of energy, each one relating to the others. Using the seven colours of the spectrum, Colour Therapy aims to balance and enhance our body's energy centres/chakras and also to help stimulate our body's own healing process. Colour Therapy uses colour to re-balance the Chakras that have become depleted of energy.

Colour therapy can be shown to help on a physical level; however there are deeper issues around the colours on the psychological and spiritual levels. Colour has a profound effect on us on all levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. If our energy centres become blocked or depleted, then our body cannot function properly and this, in turn, can lead to a variety of problems on any level.

Our well being is not purely a physical issue. Many more practitioners are now treating patients in a holistic manner. That is to say, we are body, mind and spirit and none of these areas function entirely alone; each has an effect upon the other. This is why Colour Therapy can be so helpful since colour addresses all levels of our being.

I hope you all found this information useful and notice in the future how different colors affect you, now that you realize they do.

edit on 11/9/2013 by sled735 because: reformat

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It's really interesting to note the colour of peoples clothes sometimes!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Great info thanks, it's crazy how colour can affect human behaviour, and according to Feng Shui it affects the whole energy and ambience of a space.
Something that marketing and advertising agencies know very well I'm sure.
My favourite colour has always been red and looking at the chart in that first link, its effects are what I really lack of, (increases enthusiasm, courage and confidence) I think I'm going to start wearing more red,

could each person's favourite colour provide insight as to what needs addressing?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Here is a test using color to see which side of your brain is the most dominant:

positivemed.com...

edit on 11/10/2013 by sled735 because: edit link

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That test wasn't to bad. I did fairly well, which I assume means I am right brained more than left brained although I try to use them both.

I was taught in high school how to kick the right brain in for art, which spills over into metaphysics. Something I noticed right away with the training they gave us.

Funny about the colors and meanings, my two favorite colors are black and blue, go figure, and my boss pointed out to me one day that I am almost always wearing black clothing...lol

Chakras...well...the one time I saw my heart chakra, it was purple so, not sure how they determine chakra colors really.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Maybe that's the color they are supposed to be to be in alignment. IDK. (shrudge)

( I still hate these emoticons! )

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

athousandlives
Great info thanks, it's crazy how colour can affect human behaviour, and according to Feng Shui it affects the whole energy and ambience of a space.
Something that marketing and advertising agencies know very well I'm sure.
My favourite colour has always been red and looking at the chart in that first link, its effects are what I really lack of, (increases enthusiasm, courage and confidence) I think I'm going to start wearing more red,

could each person's favourite colour provide insight as to what needs addressing?

You're welcome.

I think if you feel you are lacking in a certain area, you can find the color that applies to what you need
and look at/meditate on that color for awhile to gain the particular energy you need from it.

I don't find anything stating that certain colors tell us what we need to address. I suppose we need to answer that question from within.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks for this thread. ...I've always found that the the colours we're drawn to at any given time can reveal a lot - including what we need to eat. Interesting bit (to me) - I've always decorated my home in neutral colours with an emphasis on white, but last year I made a huge change. Painted my entry, living room and dining room (L-shaped) dandelion yellow, and got throws for my seating in blue, red and green - so the main area is now yellow, orange, red, a bit of purple, blue and green. ...Have been meaning to analyze what it all might mean but haven't got round to that yet. Just went with it, and like it a lot.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Is there a reason most street lights are yellow and most car lights are red or yellow?

It was determined that a blue tint to light makes people happier so why would they continue with this usage?
Which color is best to inspire appreciation in others?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

This would take some deeper research.

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to that.

top topics

join