It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*&^%!!! grrrrr &^%$!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yesterday, I had to drive my car on an unsealed road and ran over a branch...it didn't look that big BUT it has cracked the protective cover under the car and the car is noisier... just checked the oil gauge and swear swear swear swear curse curse curse... the gauge was hard to get out and it has a twist in it. now I can't put it back in.

&^%%$##@ maybe this should be in the 'rant' section? but this is automotive and I am hoping someone can give me some good news? This is my pride and joy car... n350z and I am devastated.

and my other car,(VW Transporter) I drive usually...is also off the road because a simple part replacement has turned into an effing nightmare! Oh very funny that I had a new alternator put in it and SUDDENLY I needed a new hose holder for the cooling system. &^%$#@!!!!!!!!!!

oh well...

WTF is going on ? That must equate to a run of bad luck??? Both cars off the road!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Then my rage was small chips compared to yours...all I wanted to do was change a stoplight bulb Probe 97 gt...do you think I could get the assembly off?

I feel for ya...not good having no transport - especially when they're both off the road.

Good luck

Å99

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I am more upset with myself really...my Son wanted to go hunting and I would usually use the van cos it is hard as nails but I was like..."na ... I don't want my good car and he was like"... pulease Mum!! and then I softened and I was then like..."ok.". but when I saw the unsealed road I was like "omfg an unsealed road!!!! He was like.. "it will be ok"

I should have just said "NO! I am not driving you out bush to go hunting or filming hunting stuff...!"

edit on 9/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thurisaz

I am more upset with myself really...my Son wanted to go hunting and I would usually use the van cos it is hard as nails but I was like..."na ... I don't want my good car and he was like"... pulease Mum!! and then I softened and I was then like..."ok.". but when I saw the unsealed road I was like "omfg an unsealed road!!!! He was like.. "it will be ok"

I should have just said "NO! I am not driving you out bush to go hunting or filming hunting stuff...!"

edit on 9/11/2013 by Thurisaz because: spelling

The things you do...

Hey, good luck though.

Å99

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Advanced auto part, and others, should be able to pull up the maintenance instructions for a part you buy.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

WTF is going on ? That must equate to a run of bad luck??? Both cars off the road!!

Dude, you're not supposed to go anywhere today.

If you choose to look at it like that… maybe something is watching over you. Kind of flattering in a way.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

with the way you write it is obvious you are in another part of the world than me. Australia or those parts perhaps?

Anyway I'm going guess the n350z is what is known as a Nissan 350Z in the US. (sports car) If I'm correct it is definately not a car to go off of the pavement and on to rough terrain.
That being said my advice to you is to get it up in the air as soon as you can and have a trained eye check the undercarrage. especially around the engine. transmission rear axle and exhaust.

You may, (probably), have sustained damage that will eventually cause furthur damage mainly a cracked oil pan, transmission lines, radiator and oil cooler, trans pan, crimped or fracture exhaust pieces, axle and front suspension damage.

Get your son involved in the process to educate him as to why you don't take a "car like this to a place like that" and make him doubley aware of the cost of inspection and repairs.

Good luck!

edit on 9-11-2013 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

hey thanks for the well wishes

I need it. lol

reply to post by ChuckNasty

thx! I thought I did really well with the VW part, found out what was wrong, took if off and ordered it, got my friend to help put it in and then we couldn't get the ruddy clips that hold the hoses to slide back to where they are supposed to be. And now, that gives me another idea.

Maybe I can jimmy some news clips or buy a new set and fix it myself cos it has got to be cheaper than having someone else doing it.

just getting a new alternator was over 600 dollars! ouch! and funny as I said before, the closest flange to the alternator was miraculously broken.
anyway, you have inspired me to continue on with trying to get the part fit on my VW. thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

yes you are right. I also considered that maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

a sign, yanno, BOTH cars off the road... hmmm so, I won't curse and swear too much.

gee even in the last response above, I had a 'lol' in there.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

grubblesnert

with the way you write it is obvious you are in another part of the world than me. Australia or those parts perhaps?

Australia.

Anyway I'm going guess the n350z is what is known as a Nissan 350Z in the US. (sports car) If I'm correct it is definately not a car to go off of the pavement and on to rough terrain.
That being said my advice to you is to get it up in the air as soon as you can and have a trained eye check the undercarrage. especially around the engine. transmission rear axle and exhaust.

yes, I will call the dealer tomorrow and get them to pick it up and get it looked at. Hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg

Get your son involved in the process to educate him as to why you don't take a "car like this to a place like that" and make him doubley aware of the cost of inspection and repairs.

that is great advice. I haven't really had to say too much to him about it, there is this silence that has come over the house. He just looks at my face and that is telling him all he needs to know.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Do you have or can get pics of the underside of the 350z? GM W-body car club member 8 years running so I might have a few ideas as to save you some money on repair.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
you dont sound old enough to have a car, nevermind 2 cars and children.
from you description of the problem i would recomend not trying to fix it yourself..
find an appropriate adult.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Rikku, that is funny.

If I were on Saturn, I would only be about 2 years old.
That could be my problem... grown up but still immature and silly.

oh and even in my silliness, I am still quite competent.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

More like...Straiya...isn't it?
So you're a Strine!
Å99
edit on 11-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

you have totally lost me on that!

I don't understand.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Thurisaz

you have totally lost me on that!

I don't understand.

If yor from aStraya...yood be torkin aStrayan!

Å99

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

ROTFLMAO

ok..sounds like: astraya

lol
If you had put an L in it... I would have got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
i can walk you through whatever you need but i am confused.
your 'oil gage' had a twist in it and you cant get it back in? and this is under the car?
i was a mechanic for 15 years before i lost my finger and i dont know what youre talking about.
we are having a communication breakdown i think.

under the car? oil filter? drain plug?
what gauge are you talking about and what does that have to do with a stick breaking some part or your undercarriage?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

the n350z is all fine. the 'dip stick' (me lol) has a twist in the end and I was doing it all wrong. Pays to read the manual. It is a clever car, won't let you take the dip stick out while it is running. amazing (car is probably smarter than me lol)

the crack underneath is nothing to worry about either because that is the cover that protects the undercarriage.
It isn't that bad, maybe about 10 cm slice through it. I am not going to buy a new one cos who the hell sees under the car anyway?

as for the VW Transporter, still can't get the clips fitted on the flange that holds the hoses to the cooling system.

I have just abandoned that problem cos too hard basket. lol

but I do need to get it fitted because I need my wagon cos I am moving house/piano's etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If you repair things yourself there is a time of relief.

When you start messing with a repair service you must remember. It takes them more time to do the repair (hourly charge) than you with a part that is twice as expensive.

Then you hit a cascade of whammy after whammy.

Imagine your business was a car repair shop, and your mechanics were like bulls in a china shop, but hey everything they break while fixing something else, they just "duct tape it" to work a few days and then they have you again..$$$

I will let a car rot before I pay the repair rate, which in southern cali is $100/hr. NO WAY will I give them that!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join