It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Fun: Find Your Name In the Bible Code

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
@WarminIndy...;;'' Ishmael, the first child of Abraham and Hagar. The source of major conflict in the world today.'' ......................................................................... Rubbish. Nothing is mentioned in the Book about Ishmael being the source of global conflict. If anything at all, he was blessed and named before his birth.... And God was,according to the bible, ''with'' him as he grew up. -..........................................................................Ishmael is a thorn in the side of christians, but thats no reason for christians to concoct their own theology.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Ishmael is who the Muslims believe Mohammed and the Arabs of Mecca are descended from. They believe Abraham really went up to sacrifice Ishmael instead of Isaac and then blame Jews for corrupting what they think the Bible really said.

And yes, it is a major source of conflict when they claim Ishmael as chosen rather than Isaac. How do you feel about the claim it was Ishmael instead of Isaac?

A lot of imams are teaching that.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well lets see...

the verses where I was found is part of the Ezekiel's wheel theory... Basically describing an alien ship that landed...

The words associated really have no meaning as far as I can see...

Love, God, and Jesus are all a big part of my life... but I still see no significance relating to the passages given or my name...

War, End, and Run... also have no real meaning as far as I can think of...

But everyone here has been telling me to RUN from this This girl i've been dating... LOL

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by Akragon

Well lets see...

the verses where I was found is part of the Ezekiel's wheel theory... Basically describing an alien ship that landed...

The words associated really have no meaning as far as I can see...

Love, God, and Jesus are all a big part of my life... but I still see no significance relating to the passages given or my name...

War, End, and Run... also have no real meaning as far as I can think of...

But everyone here has been telling me to RUN from this This girl i've been dating... LOL

You have been in a war of intellect with her faith system and you tell us about it, dude. I said run from her, not because she is dangerous, but you seem to be a playah, and I don't want to see her get hurt in this war of intellect.

But Ezekiel didn't theorize it was an alien craft, only people who theorize about aliens made that theory.

I'm not going to interpret anything because I said this was just for fun, but you can theorize your own interpretation if you wish.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You have been in a war of intellect with her faith system and you tell us about it, dude. I said run from her, not because she is dangerous, but you seem to be a playah, and I don't want to see her get hurt in this war of intellect.

Nah... im no player, never have been... and we don't really have a war over her beliefs either...

At the beginning that was what we talked about, but we stay away from religious talk now... It only upsets her, and I don't like upsetting her even though shes really cute when she gets mad...

Anyways... Lets keep this thread on track.

I'll star & flag you because it is kinda fun

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Typed in all these names linked to some of the major social movements of the 19th and 20th Century, none of them showed up, zero results. The spirit writing the bible code must have a limited view of what history means:

Leo Tolstoy
Mohandas Gandhi
Martin Luther King
James Bevel
Nelson Mandela
added:
Susan Anthony
Elizabeth Stanton
Emmeline Pankhurst
Frederick Douglass
Fred Shuttlesworth
James Lawson
Andrew Young

edit on 10-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Aleister

Typed in all these names linked to the major social movements of the 20th Century, none of them showed up, zero results. The spirit writing the bible code must have a limited view of what history means:

Leo Tolstoy
Mohandas Gandhi
Martin Luther King
James Bevel
Nelson Mandela

I did say it was in English and not Hebrew and Greek and that it is all for fun. I don't think it is to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

WarminIndy

Aleister

Typed in all these names linked to the major social movements of the 20th Century, none of them showed up, zero results. The spirit writing the bible code must have a limited view of what history means:

Leo Tolstoy
Mohandas Gandhi
Martin Luther King
James Bevel
Nelson Mandela

I did say it was in English and not Hebrew and Greek and that it is all for fun. I don't think it is to be taken seriously.

I know, but people do take it seriously, and this list should add to their skepticism. Somehow Barack Obama was missed by the bible code spirit too!

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Aleister

WarminIndy

Aleister

Leo Tolstoy
Mohandas Gandhi
Martin Luther King
James Bevel
Nelson Mandela

I know, but people do take it seriously, and this list should add to their skepticism. Somehow Barack Obama was missed by the bible code spirit too!

I think it falls under the same category of reading tea leaves, Tarot cards, chicken entrails, fortune cookies, and other such things. When things are left open to interpretation, then any interpretation can be obtained from any spirit willing to give a "message".

I had a mother-in-law who believed in the needle on a string method of determining how many children I would have. She believed three sons I would have...so no, no children at all and won't happen in the future. But people will try anything if they want an answer badly enough.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Okay here's what I got...

My First and last name is found in Genesis

Words associated were

War
God
Jesus
Love
End
Run

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:43
Behold, I am standing by the fountain of water. And let it come to pass, that the maiden that cometh forth to draw, to whom I shall say, Give me, I pray thee, a little water from thy pitcher to drink.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:44
And she shall say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels. Let the same be the woman whom Jehovah hath appointed for my masters son.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:45
And before I had done speaking in my heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder. And she went down unto the fountain, and drew. And I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:46
And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also. So I drank, and she made the camels drink also.

.....I have no idea what it means (if anything)

Somebody care to explain?

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

the website sucks...

but its kinda neat to find your name in that mess of letters...

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

operation mindcrime

Okay here's what I got...

My First and last name is found in Genesis

Words associated were

War
God
Jesus
Love
End
Run

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:43
Behold, I am standing by the fountain of water. And let it come to pass, that the maiden that cometh forth to draw, to whom I shall say, Give me, I pray thee, a little water from thy pitcher to drink.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:44
And she shall say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels. Let the same be the woman whom Jehovah hath appointed for my masters son.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:45
And before I had done speaking in my heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder. And she went down unto the fountain, and drew. And I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 24:46
And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also. So I drank, and she made the camels drink also.

.....I have no idea what it means (if anything)

Peace

Well, as I did say it is open to interpretation, I can only tell you what I find interesting in it, and nothing more.

You were found in the story of Eliezar being sent by Abraham and Sarah to find a wife for their son Isaac, and this is the story of finding Rebecca.

Eliezar was from Damascus, and a devoted servant of Abraham, kind of like his right hand man. This is more than just him seeking her, but that her response is what is important. We know later that it was love at first sight for Isaac and Rebecca. But the story is not just simply finding a wife, but someone to love. The reason Eliezar knew she right was that he had asked God for a sign, and the sign would be that she would offer to water all his camels. Which is not unusual for those times, for a woman to show such hospitality, that was what women did back then. Hospitality was an unwritten law in those days. But it was greater hospitality to offer to water the camels, because that was usually a man's job.

You take it from there how you want to apply that in your own life, but as this is just for fun, then anything can apply. That's your choice to fit it in where you think it goes.

!:Sent on a task
2:Asked for a sign
3:Received acknowledgment of sign
4:Explained task
5:Task accomplished

That's Eliezar.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Akragon

the website sucks...

Figured that much..

but its kinda neat to find your name in that mess of letters...

Anonymity is sooooo 2012...

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

WarminIndy
That sounds nice. If it means something else, I don't want to know.

Spoken like a great modern American.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Mon1k3r

WarminIndy
That sounds nice. If it means something else, I don't want to know.

Spoken like a great modern American.

No, spoken like an OP following the T&C of ATS.

If you have a problem with the T&C, then maybe you need to take that up with ATS mods. Don't push it on my thread, understand?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

WarminIndy
Well, as I did say it is open to interpretation, I can only tell you what I find interesting in it, and nothing more.

You were found in the story of Eliezar being sent by Abraham and Sarah to find a wife for their son Isaac, and this is the story of finding Rebecca.

Eliezar was from Damascus, and a devoted servant of Abraham, kind of like his right hand man. This is more than just him seeking her, but that her response is what is important. We know later that it was love at first sight for Isaac and Rebecca. But the story is not just simply finding a wife, but someone to love. The reason Eliezar knew she right was that he had asked God for a sign, and the sign would be that she would offer to water all his camels. Which is not unusual for those times, for a woman to show such hospitality, that was what women did back then. Hospitality was an unwritten law in those days. But it was greater hospitality to offer to water the camels, because that was usually a man's job.

You take it from there how you want to apply that in your own life, but as this is just for fun, then anything can apply. That's your choice to fit it in where you think it goes.

!:Sent on a task
2:Asked for a sign
3:Received acknowledgment of sign
4:Explained task
5:Task accomplished

That's Eliezar.

Thank you for that eloquent reply.

Not taking it very serious but entertaining non the less.

The only part that resonated with me was the "love at first sight" part. I met a girl once when I was 15 and it was love at first sight. Last week we celebrated our 20th anniversary of being together.

So I'll go with "Task accomplished", I guess....

Peace
edit on 10-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Awww, that's a beautiful thing.

Congrats.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
this sounds fun!

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:17
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:18
And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone I will make him a help meet for him.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:19
And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them and whatsoever the man called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

hhmmm

EDIT- included my last name

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:3
but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:5
for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
edit on 10-11-2013 by BeaverTail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

BeaverTail
this sounds fun!

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:17
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:18
And Jehovah God said, It is not good that the man should be alone I will make him a help meet for him.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 2:19
And out of the ground Jehovah God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the heavens and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them and whatsoever the man called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

hhmmm

EDIT- included my last name

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:3
but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:5
for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

The First Book of Moses, called Genesis 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
edit on 10-11-2013 by BeaverTail because: (no reason given)

It's just for fun, but maybe you are eating fruit you shouldn't?

I don't know because I'm not investing energy into interpreting and it's open for interpretation anyway. It's all about what you take from it, not what I think it should mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

But it IS used for food. Butter, which is put in brownies and cookies and all sorts of stuff. Really adds to the quality.

...What? We're talking about mint, right? Love me some mint brownies. ^_^;;

Shhhh....
edit on 10-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join