It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guy Pretends To Be Black Guy And Wins Election In Predominantly Black District

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

Yeah well. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

I appreciate your attempt to smooth things over (because I do love fallout) but I feel I must reiderate. YOU DON'T KNOW ME. Do not assume that because I'm black that I automatically believe in or ascribe to democratic ideals or that I somehow have been "tricked" by the democratic party. Trust me when I say that I know both parties are complete and utterly full of it, and that neither party gives a single f*ck about anyone. I'm well aware of everything that you just said, and have been for years. This is the precise reason that I don't vote (because who wants to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwhich). So I have absolutely no idea why you are so dead set on telling me what I know and how I feel. I'm not arguing for the democrats, I'm arguing for my self. Many logical fallacies have been put on display in the name of proving how racist all black people are. And yeah, as humans we do have out innate tribal preferences. But for the OP and other posters to make such sweeping generalizations about me and every other black person in America, that's ridiculous. "Stupid," "ignorant," "uneducated." Those are the things being said about me. You should only expect that I'd take offense. And just because I don't like hateful and ignorant things being said about my people doesn't make me a "default democrat."
edit on 13-11-2013 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

Firstly -- and let me be clear on this -- I was not trying to "smooth things over." That implies some transgression on my part. Your overly sensitive perception of my comments is the only reason you see them as a personal attack. Not once did I claim to know what/how you think. I simply made the point that deception is rarely apparent to the deceived. I also made a case for revisionist history favoring the Democrat party (especially in regards to civil rights), and declared that modern Democrats have built their platform on pandering to minorities in effort to buy votes.

I was compelled to do so in reply to this post, where you seem to deny that there is a pattern of blacks voting predominantly Democrat:

kaiode1
Jesus christ, you people on this website are ridiculous. You try to be clever, but you're not. With your very poorly veiled racism you're just as ignorant and racist as ever. So if you want to make generalizations, then let's make em. Republicans can count on the white vote since (as we all know) all white people hate gays, minorities, and poor people. You really should try to have a conversation with a black person one day, I promise you won't get shot, or robbed. Despite what you've been taught about us.

The fact of the matter is, upwards of 80% of black votes have reliably gone to Democrats since the 1960's. I, and many others, attribute that pattern to warped historical narrative and votes bought with taxpayer money in the form of welfare programs.

I never said whether or not I thought you were part of that trend. You sidestepped the issues I raised, assumed I was attacking you personally, and immediately went on the defensive. Without considering my message, you lumped me in with the more ignorant posters in this thread and decided that I must also see this election as a sign of black racism. You completely ignored the second half of my post near the bottom of page 10. If you read over my posts again, you will see that my point was an entirely different one.

To clarify what I DO have to say about this election:
Far too many Americans fail to properly vet a candidate before voting (if they do any research at all)

No one should feel 'tricked' after realizing that the candidate they elected is not of the race they assumed. For one thing, race should not be a factor when voting. For another, it is one's own fault for voting without knowing the candidate. If he had used pictures of a white man in his campaign and it was later revealed that he was black, those who complained would be branded as racist bigots.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The guy that pulled this off is my hero. I am not even american I live in the uk. I once thought as applying to the civilt service as black to get the racial quotas but never did. But he worked out a way to make it work and be legal. Good on him.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

America could learn from this!

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If people are too ignorant to actually do some research then they are little better than sheep. Especially in the age of information. Also people voting along race lines are just as ignorant and to be honest "racist" themselves.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I thought FUBU standed for "For Us By Us". Was I really wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join