It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guy Pretends To Be Black Guy And Wins Election In Predominantly Black District

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

TheMistro81

theantediluvian
reply to post by elouina

I'm not surprised, Republicans have been lying to black people for years.

Are you serious? What does this have to do with repubs, and black people?

People that vote for a race, rather than the person, are completely ignorant.

I have never, and will never care about a persons skin color. Its ridiculous to do so... but hey, to each their own.

This goes to show how stupid voters are. It makes me sick!

That was actually just a snarky comment, so no.

But let's put a stop to this BS right now.

An electrician best known for mailing homophobic fliers to thousands of Houston voters attacking the city’s lesbian mayor narrowly won an election to the Houston Community College Board of Trustees after he misled voters into believing that he is African American. Dave Wilson defeated longtime incumbent Bruce Austin, who actually is black, in an overwhelmingly African American district.
Wilson’s campaign fliers were filled with black faces that he admits to simply pulling off of websites, along with captions such as “Please vote for our friend and neighbor Dave Wilson.” Another flier announces that he was “Endorsed by Ron Wilson,” which is the name of an African American former state representative. Only by reading the fine print will voters discover that the “Ron Wilson” who actually endorsed Dave is his cousin. The cousin lives in Iowa.

Okay, so the guy he unseated was black too? Think about that for a minute. How can we can now conclude that race was the issue? If the voters thought that both candidates were black, they weren't voting for Dave Wilson "because he was black" were they?

This whole thing is disgusting and the fact that people just jumped all over a chance to pull the reverse racism card is sickening.

source

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's not funny. It's awful. Deception is the problem in the first place when it comes to politics. Not to mention the racism involved in this. Disgusting tactic.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I haven't seen one post that said his actions were ok... point one post out that says that...

The point is, he was elected because the majority of people were black, and thought they were voting for a black man. Case and point.

I'm sure it would've been easy to actually look at who was being voted for and see he was white. Proving the point that they voted for him because they thought he was black.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by theantediluvian

It's all good in their minds because it somehow proves that black people are racist? This election was for a Board of Trustees seat at a Community College that had come under fire for doing business with overseas companies (not sure what that entailed actually) but this guy promised to investigate the issue and thus got elected.

Who cares if he lied, right guys? Murica!

*vomit*

If a black person did the same thing and got away with it, I would be laughing equally hard. Racism exists in all colors and not just whites or even blacks. Too bad we couldn't hide the color of all people running for election. Imagine that, a world electing people for who they are and not the color of their skin. Then maybe we wouldn't be sitting on this pile of crap they call Obamacare right now.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I will laugh this off. Snarky comment? No... you just took it that way.

I don't speak for anypne else, but I am not pulling a "reverse racism card" that's silly. This must be a touchy subject for you...

It was sneaky, but an informed voter would have seen he was white.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hypocrites got a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

TheMistro81
reply to post by Kali74

I haven't seen one post that said his actions were ok... point one post out that says that...

The point is, he was elected because the majority of people were black, and thought they were voting for a black man. Case and point.

I'm sure it would've been easy to actually look at who was being voted for and see he was white. Proving the point that they voted for him because they thought he was black.

He was running against the black incumbent, so WRONG AGAIN. From what information did you develop this informed opinion of yours?

To answer your earlier question: I was commenting about the posts of all but I think one person prior to my own, so yes, it was a blanket statement. At that point only *1* post questioned the actions of Dave Wilson which is where the OP expressed that it was indeed deceptive. You're going to call me out on making a blanket statement when what I said literally applied to "you all" when you're espousing misinformation?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

only in amerika

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

TheMistro81

I will laugh this off. Snarky comment? No... you just took it that way.

I don't speak for anypne else, but I am not pulling a "reverse racism card" that's silly. This must be a touchy subject for you...

It was sneaky, but an informed voter would have seen he was white.

I think it's pretty ironic that you are making uninformed accusations about uninformed voters. I was referring to my comment being snarky. Sorry, I don't know how that wasn't clear.

"This must be a touchy subject for you..."

Well first to your insinuation, which is really telling: no, I'm actually 100% white but what does that matter? It's offensive because there's an obvious racial bias on the part of many posters as you are clearly demonstrating. Isn't that obvious?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

People sign up for an orwellian police state.

You know what? I watch a lot of this mans videos, but that one was downright depressing. I would have been hitting my own head just like he was. They are some darn stupid voters... I wonder if he threw Obama's name at them if they would support Obama being our new Marxist dictator also? Yeah he definitely needs to try that one next.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wait a minute I have seen this movie.

Seems this was the remake.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

theantediluvian

Already infamous for mailing homphobic fliers to voters in Houston as part of a campaign against its mayor Annise Parker (who's a lesbian), Wilson—a white Republican in a district filled with mostly black Democrats—was elected to the Houston Community College Board of Trustees by conning voters into believing he's black.

source

Let me get this straight.

You're all applauding this guy without knowing anything about him at all because you read a single article that he was able to get elected in a predominately black district by generating fake campaign literature depicting him as a black person? REALLY? How are you any better than the people you're mocking for voting for him? You don't think the exact same tactic could work in reverse? Because none of you have any bias. That couldn't be why many of you are so jittery with excitement at this perceived confirmation of the asinine notion that white people are somehow people persecuted.

Here's something else interesting:

Another flier read "Endorsed by Ron Wilson," who voters probably assumed was the former state representative, who happens to be African-American. Wilson was referring to his cousin who lives in Iowa, and the fine print—which he basically dared people to read—even says so. Downright evil.

So it wasn't even just a matter of swapping out his picture after all?

What he did was sh*tty, but so are voters. Black, white, Latinos, and any other race you care to name. Sh*tty.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMistro81

Except as the poster above noted, his opponent was black also...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by TheMistro81

Except as the poster above noted, his opponent was black also...

Just the fact that they voted for a man that they never even saw proves they were uninformed voters. The very ones we are laughing at. I certainly hope you are not defending uninformed voting.

edit on 9-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama would have ever been elected were it not for his "race".

If we just focused on policy instead of colour, then things like this would not occur.

This certainly brings things to the fore.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Nope, not advocating that but did you see what the election was for... they may never have been a meet and greet of any kind, just fliers handed out.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Right. That was pointed out.

As another poster said, we are laughing at the uninformed here... not the actions of this man.

I will ignore the trolling... where'd the ignore button go? Ah well...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There was nothing wrong with what Obama said his policies were going to be, it's what most Americans wanted. Millions of white people voted for him, so no I don't think it was his race that won him the election... surprised you would even say so.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by elouina

Nope, not advocating that but did you see what the election was for... they may never have been a meet and greet of any kind, just fliers handed out.

I saw what the election was for all right. Large or small, it is their duty as a voter to know who they are voting for. And what, the internet doesn't exist? And there had to be some speaking events. If this was such a small deal, then why were they voting for these candidates in the first place? So it does sound like you really are defending their stupidity. May I ask why?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by elouina

And people voted for these guys based off of fliers!! Do you see the point?

I don't even know what to say to half the asinine posts from certain people (not saying you)... ugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join