It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guy Pretends To Be Black Guy And Wins Election In Predominantly Black District

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok now if this doesn't count as Political madness, I don't know what will.
Although what this man did is deceptively dishonest, you can't help but chuckle. I mean come on... Dave Wilson figured on his winning as being a long shot. What he did is use African American actors for his ads. And also added in an endorsement that read, "endorsed by Ron Wilson". No not Ron Wilson the African American state representative, but Dave's cousin, Ron Wilson. He did place a small disclaimer on the bottom of the ads mentioning that Ron Wilson was his cousin.

So I know there will be some varying opinions on this. So what do you think, was this man wrong to represent himself as being black? Although he never really did say that he was black. Or were the people that choose elected representatives by race fair game? Think about it, it was his principles that won the election. And he would have likely lost the election had they known he was white. Me? I am on the fence on this one due to integrity issues, but it is still darn funny.

edit on 9-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

+53 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Just goes to show People don't think when they vote.

+87 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The low information voter got exactly what they deserved. Maybe voting for a Race instead of a person isn't the best choice after all.
edit on 9-11-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

BlackCommander
reply to post by elouina

Just goes to show People don't think when they vote.

Yes, and it took one wild and crazy experiment to prove this, I must say. This is one for the psychology books.

+86 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think it is funny as hell.

A white, ultra-conservative man used racial profiling to his advantage.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by elouina

The low information voted got exactly what they deserved. Maybe voting for a Race instead of a person isn't the best choice after all.

Sort of how people ended up with Obama and his Obamacare? Yep, another classic example! Maybe we should just give up the country now if this is what we are up against?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
this is hilarious and kind of crafty in a way that i have not seen in politics in a long time .star and flag op i needed a laugh after the day i had today i wonder if he can get introuble for this as i have no idea how this kind of thing works

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My god hahahaha people are so dumb, please somebody just put me out of my misery
Why on earth would you vote for somebody you clearly don't even know based on a crappy leaflet. In this case I truly believe the people got what they deserve. I'm running out of sympathy for this level of stupid.....sorry.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People need this to realize how oblivious they are.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yet another reason to join Russell Brand in not voting again ever.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
forgive me, i had to do it.

edit on 9-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Now all he has to do is lie about his sexual orientation,

and he's the next president, too!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'm not surprised, Republicans have been lying to black people for years.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by elouina

I'm not surprised, Republicans have been lying to black people for years.

Are you serious? What does this have to do with repubs, and black people?

People that vote for a race, rather than the person, are completely ignorant.

I have never, and will never care about a persons skin color. Its ridiculous to do so... but hey, to each their own.

This goes to show how stupid voters are. It makes me sick!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackCommander

Exactly.

People sign up for an orwellian police state.

This supports the experiment that Mark dice is doing with field surveys.

edit on 9-11-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Already infamous for mailing homphobic fliers to voters in Houston as part of a campaign against its mayor Annise Parker (who's a lesbian), Wilson—a white Republican in a district filled with mostly black Democrats—was elected to the Houston Community College Board of Trustees by conning voters into believing he's black.

source

Let me get this straight.

You're all applauding this guy without knowing anything about him at all because you read a single article that he was able to get elected in a predominately black district by generating fake campaign literature depicting him as a black person? REALLY? How are you any better than the people you're mocking for voting for him? You don't think the exact same tactic could work in reverse? Because none of you have any bias. That couldn't be why many of you are so jittery with excitement at this perceived confirmation of the asinine notion that white people are somehow people persecuted.

Here's something else interesting:

Another flier read "Endorsed by Ron Wilson," who voters probably assumed was the former state representative, who happens to be African-American. Wilson was referring to his cousin who lives in Iowa, and the fine print—which he basically dared people to read—even says so. Downright evil.

So it wasn't even just a matter of swapping out his picture after all?

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

You know what? Just take it for what it is, funny... Did any of us say it was right to do? In fact, I stated that it was deceptive. But the people who voted for him were a bunch of num nuts also, and got what they deserved. Come next election maybe they will have learned a valuable lesson and become informed voters?

(Yeah maybe learn to look for the made in Africa tag next time around. True? LOL...)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't think it was wrong. We live in a very racist country, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I wonder if they even care about his politics.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

First of all, who is "you all". Are you making a blanket statement towards every poster in this thread?

I have no clue what you're on about here.... could you reiterate your point, please?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It's all good in their minds because it somehow proves that black people are racist? This election was for a Board of Trustees seat at a Community College that had come under fire for doing business with overseas companies (not sure what that entailed actually) but this guy promised to investigate the issue and thus got elected.

Who cares if he lied, right guys? Murica!

*vomit*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join