It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Uses Giant Balloons To Drop Bibles On North Korea.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Who was I defending? What the hell is star count? The original post I responded to was attacking athiests for not sending anything. And my response was that maybe they did not want people getting sent to camps for their actions. I think most Chritians have more common sense then to risk peoples live like this.
reply to post by MrSpad

You have over 5,000 stars and you don't know what they are???? You're pandering to atheist and the anti christian crowd. You claim you are a christian? If you are a christian you believe that people have eternal souls that at some point in time will live forever that trumps anything that happens in this physical life including death. This sounds crazy to anyone that doesnt believe that and you can pander to atheist views all you want they will never accept your real views EVER.
I highly doubt anything being smuggled into N. Korea doesnt go straight to the elite. Hardly anyone in this world is going to risk their lives to lives for no gain. The poor people have nothing to offer.
They are at risk to starve to death or be thrown in a labor camps no matter what there doesn't have to be a reason.

so your suggesting that people are voicing thier opinion on here to get stars, would that be only the opinions that differ from yours?..this isnt high school here nor a popularity contest.
i have no problem with christianity and i believe the bible droppers thought they were doing good. im not suggesting it was a terrible thing they did but there could be concerquenses for those who may be caught holding material not sanctioned by Pyongyang. thier hearts may be in the right place but i think the help they are offering is misplaced/misguided..thier energy and resources could of been better spent.
peace

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by ccseagull

Actually this is what those bibles mean to the north Koreans:

Killing and Torture

I know that the Christians who are dropping the Bibles may be ignorant
about how they are contributing to the death of anyone who picks up
a bible in North Korea.. but that's no excuse for their unwise actions.

KPB

This was my very first thought as well. It a death sentence to have them believe in Christ, and It's like asking them to be martyrs to join in their cause. Not the best choice in this situation.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
One confussing thing - these Christian groups also have helped smuggle out as many as 300,000 N. Koreans. Why would they not keep them in S. Korea? Why take them to China who has an agreement to send them back? If they get them to the South I'm just not clear why don't just keep them there or try anywhere but China.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Who was I defending? What the hell is star count? The original post I responded to was attacking athiests for not sending anything. And my response was that maybe they did not want people getting sent to camps for their actions. I think most Chritians have more common sense then to risk peoples live like this.
reply to post by MrSpad

You have over 5,000 stars and you don't know what they are???? You're pandering to atheist and the anti christian crowd. You claim you are a christian? If you are a christian you believe that people have eternal souls that at some point in time will live forever that trumps anything that happens in this physical life including death. This sounds crazy to anyone that doesnt believe that and you can pander to atheist views all you want they will never accept your real views EVER.
I highly doubt anything being smuggled into N. Korea doesnt go straight to the elite. Hardly anyone in this world is going to risk their lives to lives for no gain. The poor people have nothing to offer.
They are at risk to starve to death or be thrown in a labor camps no matter what there doesn't have to be a reason.

No I do not know what the stars are for, or any of the other random stuff that is under my avatar beyond the post count. I do not know what any of it means nor do I care. And the only people I pander to are the logic and common sense crowd. The elites in North Korea do not need to smuggle things in because they get what they want. The smuggling is very much among the commom people. Many of the groups smuggling things are religous groups, they also smuggle people out. Those people and those groups do real good and are not out looking to get public attention. The balloon people are doing nobody any good, the opposite in fact and are just looking to hailed a good people doing a good thing by bragging about. Now that is about as un-Christian as you can get.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As a former soldier who served on the DMZ I can say the group doing this has put an unknown amount of innocent’s lives in danger. It is also highly likely that even if one made it through un noticed that the populace it found its way to lacked formal education to read them. Hopefully the NK military used the balloons for target practice before they reached any populated areas there is quite a divide on the border area a buffer zone if you will where only the military occupy.

@ BO

The saying goes a soldier can live weeks without food days without water but only seconds without ammo.

I have no idea where you came up with your saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

No I do not know what the stars are for, or any of the other random stuff that is under my avatar beyond the post count. I do not know what any of it means nor do I care.

OH OK.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I wonder how many people read the story before they start bashing these terrible Christians out to pollute the free minds of the N. Koreans! How about living in a society where you are starving, have no hope, and have no idea anyone cares about you or your people?

Article

"By sending these balloons, we let our North Korean brothers and sisters know that we are praying for them and the scriptures on the balloons are meant to encourage them," one undercover believer said.

How it All Began The earnest prayers begin at an undisclosed location in Seoul. Every week since 1991, 78-year-old Oh Mo Duk, along with a handful of other believers, has been preparing each balloon for the flight into North Korea. "I was born in North Korea. This is my way of helping to get the gospel back to my countrymen," she told CBN News.

What a lousy Christian bastard to want to give his people hope... I mean really, what a friggin jerk! (Sarcasm)

"Ok, this is not the most sophisticated or high-tech method," he acknowledged. "But when you are dealing with a country that is restricted, very secretive, and punishes its citizens, we have to try something to get hope to them."

Execution of Christians CBN News obtained audio recordings and photographs of secret underground church meetings inside North Korea.

"Father! Father! The descendants of the martyrs in blood are all alive even now," one Christian prayed. "My Father! I know the Spirit of the Lord will come to restore and deliver."

"When a North Korean accepts Jesus Christ, he or she will face persecution, imprisonment, and possibly death because of their faith," Peter said. Peter gave CBN News footage that apparently aired on a Japanese television channel allegedly showing the execution of North Korean Christians.

The footage shows a North Korean guard yelling, "I hereby declare that the accused is sentenced to death. The death penalty must be executed at once. Ready! Fire! Fire!'"

May God have mercy on us as we sit in our comfortable homes, say whatever we want to say, and think nothing of the suffering of our brothers and sisters in N. Korea. May God bless this one mans efforts to help HIS people.

'They Need Our Prayers'

Trying to get precise figures on the number of Christians today in North Korea is extremely difficult. "Based on data gathered from North Korean defectors and international human rights groups we estimate there are approximately 30,000 Christians being held in political prison camps and about 10,000 underground believers who are in hiding throughout the country," Dr. Lim Chang Ho, with Kosin University, said.

edit on 11-11-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by MrSpad

No I do not know what the stars are for, or any of the other random stuff that is under my avatar beyond the post count. I do not know what any of it means nor do I care.

OH OK.

Oh and I suppose you do? As far as I know they they serve no purpose. If you have zero flags, stars, karma things, or above top secret things nothing is any different at ATS then if you have a million each. As far as I know you do not get anything for any of them and I have no idea why they are even their. What I do find interesting is that is what you are focused on instead of rest of the subject. Or am I to take your silence on the rest as agreement that instead of a self aggrandizing stunt that with balloons that could lead to suffering of innocent people that this group could have silently and humbly smuggled bibles in through northern border of China.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A few thoughts ....

- At least those Christians are trying to do something (in their own way) for the people there.
- A bible in Korean PLUS SOME FOOD OR SEEDS would have been more helpful IMHO
- If Atheists don't like this then why don't they get some balloons and drop food/seeds themselves?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I already agreed with you partly in my first reply. I wasn't the one being unreasonable saying I didn't know why the stars exist on ATS. Your intial reply to me was saying that maybe these atheists were worried about getting N. Korea people killed by senseless Christians.
I disagree with the notion that most of these "Atheist" gave more than two seconds thought to situation. That most of them will use this just to bash Christians. If you disagree with that fine, theres several posts of people complaining its not food being being sent.
We can debate the actions of others all day long but neither of us are the ones actually there doing anything, I believe thats a pause for more consideration.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

This thread was interesting until it devolved into an ego-driven argument.
edit on 11-11-2013 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

kkrattiger
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

This thread was interesting until it devolved into an ego-driven argument.
edit on 11-11-2013 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

I will let you go, Ricky. But first, I want you to say."I love crepes."

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Maybe they can trade the bibles for something of value (assuming they don't get caught owning one). That's really the only good thing I can say about this. It's nice that they want to help North Koreans, but it would've been better if they had sent something that would be useful.

They have the right idea, they just need to work on execution.
edit on 11-11-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How many bibles have the buffoons dropped now? And each bible cost how much per? Now. Take that dollar amount, and calculate how many goddamn packs of seeds these idiots could have dropped instead of bundled ink & paper to help mitigate some of the hunger in that country. I'm sure seeds to grow food, and the ability to harvest the seeds from said future food, would have been much more meaningful and well received than a stinking book that will get them executed & generations imprisoned. You would think a church would be able to do better than an insult with that kind of money invested.

Self-centered pricks. "Here starving people of the North! God is better than sustenance!" ::big fat thumbs down::
edit on 11/11/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

As many as 80 people were publicly executed in North Korea earlier this month, some for offenses as minor as watching South Korean movies or possessing a Bible.

Food drops might have been a better idea......

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This is awesome. I bet toilet paper is really hard to come by in North Korea. The Bible has a lot of pages and they're usually thin and soft. Score for potty time in NK! That is, if you aren't rounded up and put in torture or labor camps for having it.

God, please save us from your followers. Amen.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

snowspirit
www.foxnews.com...

As many as 80 people were publicly executed in North Korea earlier this month, some for offenses as minor as watching South Korean movies or possessing a Bible.

Food drops might have been a better idea......

To borrow an adage.

The road to hell was paved with good intentions.

I wonder though… was that group so ignorant that they didn’t know they were sending death sentences in those balloons?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What seeds/food are they supposed to drop that wouldn't spoil/be eaten by birds and animals? Why wouldn't the NK government just claim that it was some project they themselves had initiated to try and get seeds to people in isolated areas?

The Bibles are a brilliant idea. If NK starts executing thousands of newly-made Christians, we might finally go in and liberate the country. I mean, we barely need an excuse any more - and that would be a good one.

OR

Maybe atheists can send little pamphlets about how life has no purpose or meaning and that any moment they could die and have their thoughts and memories snuffed out as their body rots under a cold and uncaring universe-THAT will certainly make them want to go on!
edit on 11-11-2013 by Snsoc because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

You know somehow they have managed to survive without bible drops for all this time what makes you think they needed them to qualify their existence?

Perhaps you are right in your first thought and the Christian group is trying to provoke more executions and a war. Spread the word brother death from above the Christian way.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Exactly. The notion that people in N. Korea are getting killed because of Christians is a radical Athiest slant. When the basic human right to the freedom of thought in your own mind doesn't exist. This is not a Christian problem. This isn't a country where people have the kind of life worth living.
Billions of people around the world would die for their beliefs whatever they might be, if these most basic human rights and freedoms were stripped.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join