It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Uses Giant Balloons To Drop Bibles On North Korea.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by ccseagull

It doesn't matter what a Christian does, it seems it can never be enough or done in the manner of love it was meant in the eyes of non believers.

Now there is the beginning of wisdom.

People want to be loved the way that THEY want to be loved,
not the way that SOMEONE ELSE wants to love them.

If you are serious about loving someone, check your beliefs at
the door - no matter what they are --- and love the person.
Wash their feet and dry them with you hair. .. but only if
the other person receives love that way...

If you FORCE or attempt to FORCE your "love with strings attached",
then it's not love at all.
And Jesus would have agreed with that.. it's obvious in any red
letter edition bible.

Spread the word.. then perhaps people will see Christians
differently.

KPB

There are no strings attached in this case. I agree with you - no one should be forced to believe in anything and in the end it wouldn't be a real belief in their heart.

This isn't forced on them - in this case I image if a person found one of the bibles and was interested they would make that choice. But at least they have the choice now to make the choice.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You know what all you folks here who are bashing Christians are right. All you have to do is throw out all logic reasoning and common sense.

Its perfectly reasonable to think a few Christians can do what the rest of the world cant do and solve N. Koreas social, political, and economical problems.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Probably many will be used as fuel for fires.

And many will be used as fuel for Eternal LIfe.

I am confident God will use many such Scriptures redemptively in many lives there.

You probably have never read

ETERNITY IN THEIR HEARTS.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1384052649&sr=8-3&keywords=ETERNITY+IN+THEIR+HE ARTS

Eternity in Their Hearts: Startling Evidence of Belief in the One True God in Hundreds of Cultures Throughout the World Revised edition by Richardson, Don published by Regal Books Paperback Paperback – May 1, 1984

One of the true stories documented in the book . . . is about a SE Asian tribal people who's Shamen for many centuries had told the tribe that eventually, there would come a man riding on a donkey bearing the BOOK OF GOD's WORDs to the people.

The more startling thing about that tribal people is that THEY HAD NEVER HAD

A WRITTEN LANGUAGE.

So it was an "impossible" prophecy from many standpoints.

Nevertheless, the man riding on the donkey eventually came carrying the Bible in their now written language just as predicted for hundreds of years.

But hey, go ahead and scoff.

Scoffers are a thousand a Chinese fen.

God knows the individuals who truly seek Him from their observations of His creation. He's well able to meet them where they are . . . and even to provide His Word to them.

Ignorance may be 'cute' to those who wallow in it exaltantly.

However, it carries a stiff price tag.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think that a valid argument can be made that food is only a very temporary benefit whereas information could be of lasting benefit. I wonder what it would take to deploy some sort of inexpensive wireless mesh network from balloons that could ultimately connect to the Internet? Follow that up with airdropping food and inexpensive android tablets.
edit on 9-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

What an absurd, hostile and insulting blather.

I don't know of any Christians pretending to be trying to solve that list of NK's problems.

We do what we can with what we have as we feel led of God. He's the one responsible for results.

However, it has occurred in the world that God's Word HAS solved such a list of problems for some groups in dire situations.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Does the bible contain any information about how allegedly starving people are supposed to clean up litter on a level such as this? Did the propagandists think of this? Or is cleanliness not next to godliness any more?

Such a waste. If they wanted to send religious propaganda, they could have sent MREs wrapped in pages of gospel. Those not interested in the xtain propaganda could have used the pages to wipe their faces after filling their bellies.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread981781/pg1#pid17184267launchingtheantediluvian[/url]

These Christians are the only ones doing anything at all. Where are the atheists launching balloons with books you would approve of?
Until any of you actually do something you are just a jerk criticizing people who are actually doing something.

Maybe they are trying to avoid getting a family thown into a camp when a kid comes home with a forbidden book.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
this kind of thoughtless naive compassion crap is what causes people to be killed, only seeing your perspective and ideals when trying to help others is the last thing they need.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I think you have misunderstood the point I was making. Even the OP sees it... People are using this idea that these Christains are wrong for not sending food. That is absurd and just an excuse to put down the Christian faith. They are mission to save peoples souls. There's nothing anyone can do about N. Koreas political, social, and economical problems.
Until someone gets off their butt and sends anything to N. Korea and a Christian makes a thread bashing them for not sending Bibles I'll keep defending the actions of this group. Calling out ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Sorry.

Thanks for clarification.

Good on ya.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Hushabye
Does the bible contain any information about how allegedly starving people are supposed to clean up litter on a level such as this? Did the propagandists think of this? Or is cleanliness not next to godliness any more?

Such a waste. If they wanted to send religious propaganda, they could have sent MREs wrapped in pages of gospel. Those not interested in the xtain propaganda could have used the pages to wipe their faces after filling their bellies.

I was just thinking that they could make the balloons out of that mylar emergency heat blanket material, attach some of those communion wafers (might need water too though) to some pages of the book and a few strike anywhere matches so that the recipients could look the book over while keeping warm in their new blanket while having a taste of Christ in wafer representation and if they need to dispose of the book because of a jail threat or they simply aren't interested in stories of multiplying fish and bread, they can get an hour or two of heat from it depending on whether they fan the pages before igniting or not.

A pretty good survival kit for a cold climate anyhow.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

MrSpad

SasquatchHunter
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread981781/pg1#pid17184267launchingtheantediluvian[/url]

These Christians are the only ones doing anything at all. Where are the atheists launching balloons with books you would approve of?
Until any of you actually do something you are just a jerk criticizing people who are actually doing something.

Maybe they are trying to avoid getting a family thown into a camp when a kid comes home with a forbidden book.

That's ridiculous your only saying this because it's a Bible and you disagree with religion the same as the other posters. Everything anyone could send over there is forbidden. People are sentenced to labor camps for things there parents did before they were born.
I saw a post that you made about CNN that was brilliant. I know that you are intelligent. You can live in a world that thinks its ok to ban Bibles and have every aspect of your life ran by Government or you can live in a world where you have freedom over the way you think.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

good point

www.cbn.com...

you can't get the food through to those that need it

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
mnnonline.org...

In the early 1900s, Pyongyang was referred to as the "Jerusalem of the East." Christianity had taken root in the capital of present-day North Korea, and some 3,000 churches were established and growing.

A century later, the spiritual landscape is far different. North Korea, also known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, is considered to be the world's most hostile nation to Christianity.

I wonder how many decades away we are to seeing the same thing happen here.

Have fun with that.
edit on 103030p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It seems to me that North Korea would welcome a Bible drop. After all, the Bible teaches people to be good slaves and obey their masters, render unto Ceasar and that governmental leaders are ordained by God.

It teaches people that food comes through miracles and that God will provide, after all, he feeds the birds, doesn't he?! And, another bonus, being poor is righteous and the the meek will inherit the earth! What more could the Korean government ask for!

Win/Win !

edit on 10-11-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The majority of these people making these comments are hypocrites. If they had it their way they would ban religion, and Christians. Well there's plenty of places in the world where Christianity doesn't exist, I guarantee none of them will ever move there because they are the worst places on earth to live. Japan would have been the exception.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

MrSpad

SasquatchHunter

That's ridiculous your only saying this because it's a Bible and you disagree with religion the same as the other posters. Everything anyone could send over there is forbidden. People are sentenced to labor camps for things there parents did before they were born.
I saw a post that you made about CNN that was brilliant. I know that you are intelligent. You can live in a world that thinks its ok to ban Bibles and have every aspect of your life ran by Government or you can live in a world where you have freedom over the way you think.

First of all I hardly disagree with religion (for all its many faults) in general I even go to church on occasion. However, sending anything in North Korea this way will only end up getting anybody who picks up a copy sent to camp along with anybody else they think may be infected with outside thinking. In fact this being North Korea they might just round up everybody within so many square miles of where the balloons land and take them away just to be safe. If people want to send things into NK that is not going to place innocents at risk they can have it smuggled in through the notthern border with China like everything else is. At least then the people who get it are willing to take the risk if they get caught and not just be round up because unlawful items landed near their village. Their are smart ways to do things and dumb ways to do things, this is a dumb way where only unsuspecting innocents pay the price.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

That's a legitimate concern. That's not the issue I've been debating the other posters against this is simply because its not food being sent over that somehow makes them wrong. Its just weak attempt to bash Christians. You could have posted your view originally but thats not what you did because your view isnt the same as the posters you were defending and that wouldnt have jacked up star count.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by MrSpad

That's a legitimate concern. That's not the issue I've been debating the other posters against this is simply because its not food being sent over that somehow makes them wrong. Its just weak attempt to bash Christians. You could have posted your view originally but thats not what you did because your view isnt the same as the posters you were defending and that wouldnt have jacked up star count.

Who was I defending? What the hell is star count? The original post I responded to was attacking athiests for not sending anything. And my response was that maybe they did not want people getting sent to camps for their actions. I think most Chritians have more common sense then to risk peoples live like this. This is the action of a small group who failed to consider the pain and suffering their actions could lead to. Other religious group secretly run food and literature through the China in the North. They will never talk about this in public because that would make the people involved targets. Which is another issue I have with this, why the hell are they talking about it? Do they not know they have made the people who live in rural border areas now targets for searches? All I see is a selfish desire to be praised for doing Gods work leading who knows what horrors for some poor North Koreans At the very least they could have kept their mouths shut and if somebody asked denied everything. That is if they really cared about the people they claimed to be helping.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Who was I defending? What the hell is star count? The original post I responded to was attacking athiests for not sending anything. And my response was that maybe they did not want people getting sent to camps for their actions. I think most Chritians have more common sense then to risk peoples live like this.
reply to post by MrSpad

You have over 5,000 stars and you don't know what they are???? You're pandering to atheist and the anti christian crowd. You claim you are a christian? If you are a christian you believe that people have eternal souls that at some point in time will live forever that trumps anything that happens in this physical life including death. This sounds crazy to anyone that doesnt believe that and you can pander to atheist views all you want they will never accept your real views EVER.
I highly doubt anything being smuggled into N. Korea doesnt go straight to the elite. Hardly anyone in this world is going to risk their lives to lives for no gain. The poor people have nothing to offer.
They are at risk to starve to death or be thrown in a labor camps no matter what there doesn't have to be a reason.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join