It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Group Uses Giant Balloons To Drop Bibles On North Korea.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

ccseagull
Yes, food for the soul. You can drop a tin of tuna or a banana and one bite or two and it's gone. Drop a Bible, spread hope and eternal salvation and the Word will spread on and on amongst those wanting to hear - to feed the soul. I am sure those that received a Bible are delighted that someone was thinking of them and that their feeling of isolation from the outside word was lightened.

It doesn't matter what a Christian does, it seems it can never be enough or done in the manner of love it was meant in the eyes of non believers.

My question is "how would Jesus perceive it"?

Have to feed the body before the soul - loaves and fishes - remember.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Its like dropping a bunch of Quran's ontop of some random country. If they did that all you christians would be like "I cant believe their dropping these books with all this false, hateful information in them".

Well alot of us think the bible is just as false and detrimental to society. You think those of us who criticize people dropping propaganda are jerks? Phhhh. Youre head is just too stuck up jesus's rectum. So long as they brainwash people with YOUR beliefs its a great, holy accomplishment.
edit on 9-11-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

ccseagull

It doesn't matter what a Christian does, it seems it can never be enough or done in the manner of love it was meant in the eyes of non believers.

I'm a believer of Jesus Christ, by default then a Christian. IMO, this was a provocative act.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

It has been said that . . .

one can live XX seconds without oxygen . . .

X days without water . . .

XX days without food . . .

not at all without hope.

Obviously . . . you have never been in the position of a No Korean person desperate for hope.

You don't know how long some such folks in such countries would starve themselves trying to cobble enough meager coins together to pool with other people's secretly to purchase a Bible or Bible portion on the black market.

Obviously, you don't recognize the treasure in the Word of God that is more crucial than food or life itself.

You will eventually see the folly of your perspective. I hope it's not too late that the revelation dawns on your consciousness.

However . . . who am I to try and hinder your hostility toward such values and activities. Rant and spew on. Your attitude helps some folks know, at least, where NOT to look for foundational redemptive & eternal values.

BTW, ETERNAL VALUES

WIN.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ccseagull

Now there is the beginning of wisdom.

People want to be loved the way that THEY want to be loved,
not the way that SOMEONE ELSE wants to love them.

If you are serious about loving someone, check your beliefs at
the door - no matter what they are --- and love the person.
Wash their feet and dry them with you hair. .. but only if
the other person receives love that way...

If you FORCE or attempt to FORCE your "love with strings attached",
then it's not love at all.

And Jesus would have agreed with that.. it's obvious in any red
letter edition bible.

Spread the word.. then perhaps people will see Christians
differently.

KPB

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

winofiend

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by vonclod

When are you planning your mission to N. Korea to send them food? Its pathetic how many ppl will spin this as something bad. SERIOUSLY.

How are you going to feed N. KOREA? If you feed 1000 people that are starving theyre still going to be starving 3 days later.

There is no food N. Korea. ITS NOT REASONABLE TO EXPECT THAT ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE CAN FEED THEM.

Yeah a bible is the next best thing. But only if they read it huh... guess a lot of nk folk still wind up in your hell... starving sinners. Lrn a book north korea stop being hungry! DONT SAY WE DIDNT HELP U!

Its not possible for any christian or non christian to solve their hunger problems. Vilifying Christians for sending Bibles instead of being able to solve the problems of an entire nation is ridiculous and an extremely weak and pathetic attempt to bash Christians.
Until someone overthrows their Government these people will continue to starve to death, and there's nothing you or any christian can do about that.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread981781/pg1#pid17184267launchingtheantediluvian[/url]

These Christians are the only ones doing anything at all. Where are the atheists launching balloons with books you would approve of?
Until any of you actually do something you are just a jerk criticizing people who are actually doing something.

Of course your right, it's definitely "doing something." Then again, throwing a drowning person a rubber duck is "doing something" too, it's just not "doing something" that is of any practical help.

I believe people do this type of thing far more for themselves than the people they are ostensibly trying to help.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

tehdouglas
Its like dropping a bunch of Quran's ontop of some random country. If they did that all you christians would be like "I cant believe their dropping these books with all this false, hateful information in them".

Nope. Not this Christian.

I'd think that it was a great waste of money by the perpetrators. The purportedly never changed Koran that actually went through many variations is so full of contradictions and hideous evil assertions and exhortations, it doesn't take much brilliance to see the horrific nature of it.

It offers no God of mercy nor of hope nor of love.

So, unless one is steeped in it from an early age . . . it's a major sell to get folks to have an affinity toward it.

The Bible is exceedingly different.

Any individual in any culture can see the eternal wisdom in the Psalms and Proverbs without any teaching whatsoever.

And, more excitingly . . . an organization has long been involved in delivering wind-up MP3 players loaded with the Bible in the local tribal language. Those delivering the players seek out the local tribal MAN OF PEACE. They contract with him to play the Bible 30 minutes once a week to a group . . . those interested . . . and then to have 30 minutes of discussion. I think that's the essence of the instructions and contract, if not it in total.

It's a huge thrill to go back months later or a few years later and to see thriving churches following the NT model WITH MIRACLES HAPPENING JUST AS RECORDED IN THE NT. The people simply take God at His Word and apply it accordingly.

AND GOD RESPONDS ACCORDINGLY.

Arrogant ignorance would rob people of such opportunities.

Thankfully, God is not limited by the arrogant or the ignorant.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe that Christian Group could drop Bibles that are printed on sheets of beef jerky, rice paper, and fruit leather.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I think Jesus would be fine with it. I see plenty of comments on this forum from lonely people looking for more, wondering if there is more to life. They have enough for their needs, people in their lives, homes, food but they are thirsting for more. Since the North Koreans are cut off from choices of living their lives as they wish then yes I think Jesus would be just fine with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Besides . . . many people in dire straights such as the No Koreans who tentatively put their trust in the God of the Bible . . . discover that God sends angelic visitors with food, healing, direction, protection . . .

Not a bad deal, at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread981781/pg1#pid17184267launchingtheantediluvian[/url]

These Christians are the only ones doing anything at all. Where are the atheists launching balloons with books you would approve of?
Until any of you actually do something you are just a jerk criticizing people who are actually doing something.

It's still a valid point regardless of what the OP is or isn't doing.

Regardless, there have been many strongly out spoken and active Atheists in the area of North Korea. If Chris Hitchens was here reading this I'm sure there would be some joke about swapping out an Earthly dictator for a celestial one in this instance.

That said, I can't imagine bibles are doing that much harm. At least bibles have some tiny chance of urging the North Koreans into more actions themselves. It's marginally better than when Christians tribal peoples and try to convert them.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

As I understand it, a large percent of the North Korean
population is starving. You'd have to be awfully loveless
to drop books of any kind, when they are starving.

Here is a 2013 link on the starvation:

Starving North Koreans

KPB

Excellent point. Food is obviously what these people need first and foremost.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ccseagull
reply to post by FyreByrd

I think Jesus would be fine with it. I see plenty of comments on this forum from lonely people looking for more, wondering if there is more to life. They have enough for their needs, people in their lives, homes, food but they are thirsting for more. Since the North Koreans are cut off from choices of living their lives as they wish then yes I think Jesus would be just fine with it.

You do realise that there are Christians in NK?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

My naked kitty friend - although I get a kick out of your responses that you post in threads I have to say I do notice you like to just say sarcastic and caustic comments. No cat nip for you tonight! But I will give you a warm blankie.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

BO XIAN

It has been said that . . .

one can live XX seconds without oxygen . . .

X days without water . . .

XX days without food . . .

not at all without hope.

Obviously . . . you have never been in the position of a No Korean person desperate for hope.

You don't know how long some such folks in such countries would starve themselves trying to cobble enough meager coins together to pool with other people's secretly to purchase a Bible or Bible portion on the black market.

Obviously, you don't recognize the treasure in the Word of God that is more crucial than food or life itself.

You will eventually see the folly of your perspective. I hope it's not too late that the revelation dawns on your consciousness.

However . . . who am I to try and hinder your hostility toward such values and activities. Rant and spew on. Your attitude helps some folks know, at least, where NOT to look for foundational redemptive & eternal values.

BTW, ETERNAL VALUES

WIN.

And just how are bibles going to bring them hope?

Another wise man said that we have to create our meaning in life.

The bible may provide you will hope, but to desparate, hungry people it's just fuel for the fire.
edit on 9-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes. But can they go door to door? Can they set up meeting places openly? Can they even discuss the Bible without the authorities coming down on them or being ratted out?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wait... WHAT?!?! hahahahahaha

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever, ever heard!! You just can't be serious... well not you OP, but you know what I mean. First and foremost there are a thousand better ways these people could be using their resources. Seriously, it can not be cheap to fulfill this (I'm sure they will say) Divinely inspired "mission"! They obviously have not educated themselves on the possible outcome for the people receiving the bibles or, one would hope, they would not be doing it. Invest these donations/funds in a way that actually helps these poor human beings.

Sorry but given the situation conversion is sooo not the most important thing! Their ignorance is astounding... and thankfully comical because if I wasn't laughing I shutter to think how I would be acting over this information. Even Jesus knew that feeding hungry "sinners" would do more good to win them to your side than giving them something that would only lead to more hell!

Dumb, dumb, STUPID!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

You are a genius!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I can see your side of it. But I don't agree. The last command Jesus gave was for believers to go out and spread the word. Some do, some don't. Some live by example. These Christians chose a different way and reached out to those that some would say are too much of a bother, too expensive, etc, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join