It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the soda dispensers/fountains

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've been living in the US for a while and I rarely drink the tap water as you can taste the chemicals. But every time I taste any soda from soda dispensers/fountains it just tastes like a pure industrial chemical soup of some kind, it can't all be just tap water as I can drink that if I have too but something from a soda dispenser makes me puke of disgust. Soda dispenser/fountains in Europe never taste like this. Also, it does not seem to matter what city I'm in or which kind of chain I'm visiting - it's all the same bad chemical soup coming out of those soda dispensers. Anyone look into this or have experienced the same?
edit on 9-11-2013 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Are you talking about soda fountains? Its not exactly witchcraft...
Its just co2 water and syrup mixed together.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Yeah, soda fountains. There must be some of the ingrediants that makes it taste so bad. It's the same mix of ingrediants in Europe but those soda fountains never makes sodas that taste so chemically. Someone with a chemical lab should have that stuff tested and compared with what's in the European soda fountains.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If it's the water, you can search online for water treatment test results in the areas you are concerned about. Different minerals, different treatment methods will affect water quality.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Define "chemical taste"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I can't be just the water, because I can drink from the tap if I'm really thirsty, but if I try the nearby burger joint I can't stand the chemical taste that their soda has - most likely they have the same water. No, it must be something added to the soda that gives the bad chemical taste imo.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

WP4YT
Define "chemical taste"

Like when you drink from a chlorine pool, but different.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yeah, soda fountains. There must be some of the ingrediants that makes it taste so bad. It's the same mix of ingrediants in Europe but those soda fountains never makes sodas that taste so chemically.

Are you sure the ingredients are the same?
I thought that there was certain food additives that the US uses, that are banned in Europe.
I had always heard that Europe was really strict about the quality of food and drinks.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

snowspirit

Yeah, soda fountains. There must be some of the ingrediants that makes it taste so bad. It's the same mix of ingrediants in Europe but those soda fountains never makes sodas that taste so chemically.

Are you sure the ingredients are the same?
I thought that there was certain food additives that the US uses, that are banned in Europe.
I had always heard that Europe was really strict about the quality of food and drinks.

I don't really know. All I know is that when I try to drink that stuff my body reacts like it's trying to say "HEY! Are you CRAZY, don't drink that poison you dumbass!!"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you rarely drink tap water because of the chemicals then why bother drinking soda? It has all the goodness of tap water yet more..

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Tucket
If you rarely drink tap water because of the chemicals then why bother drinking soda? It has all the goodness of tap water yet more..

Beause it's often included in the meal - hard to say no to something "free". I never drink it though, but I always taste the soda to see if it's the same poison as always here in the US.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Your saying soda from fountains in America taste different than soda from fountains in Europe. The syrup and co2 are the exact same thing no matter where you go. The only possible difference is the water. Your entire post is suspect.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Your saying soda from fountains in America taste different than soda from fountains in Europe. The syrup and co2 are the exact same thing no matter where you go. The only possible difference is the water. Your entire post is suspect.

How do you know that the ingrediants is the same? The syrup may be different for all you know. Syrup does not necessarily have to contain the same ingredients all over the world - somethings may be added, changed, or taken away at the syrup factory.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You appear to be an advocate of meditation...why don't you 'see' what your third eye tells you?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

pandersway

You appear to be an advocate of meditation...why don't you 'see' what your third eye tells you?

Perhaps my pituitary gland is all messed up because of all the added chemicals in our foodstuff and our water? You tell me.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Try this simple test, when you get your cup, go to the fountain and find the "water" button or lever and without your cup under the nozzle, tap it for a split second and let a little water fall out of the nozzle to clear any residual soda mixtures. Follow that by putting the cup under and get yourself a little plain water then taste it. This will reveal to you whether the water is slightly tainted to begin with or not. This will be a good indicator and your baseline for comparison with whatever soda you really wanted to get.

If you have not had unpleasant taste yet, dump the cup out or drink the remaining water then proceed to fill with soda of your choice and re-taste. If you now taste an unpleasantness you are on the right track, it must be the syrup mixture. From there you should be able to dig up the ingredients of your home town soda fountain drink vs. the suspect ones and compare the listing after which you should be able to narrow down the chemical additives that are throwing that alarm in your tasting.

Different parts of the world sometimes see a slightly different formulation of a product to compensate for the local palette. For instance, Mexican Coca-Cola is perceived to be slightly sweeter to people from the US. Now that could be the difference between corn syrup and real sugar. Come to think of it, that may also be what you are tasting.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

True enough! Fluoride calcifies the pineal gland, however there are techniques to decalcify this. When you're meditating, ask your higher self for direction and clarity....you might surprise yourself!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Quit eating and drinking at fast food joints. I've worked at many restaurants the half way decent ones ALWAYS have a FULL water filtration system. That's so certain dished and pizza dough doesn't get that yicky taste.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I was going to say the same thing. In the US I believe corn syrup is used as the sweetener, and in Mexico it is sugar. Perhaps Europe uses sugar too. I personally don't like sugar because of the aftertaste, but I don't like corn syrup either. I use Stevia or Splenda to sweeten my tea.

Having lived for a while in Dayton, OH, near a Cargill corn syrup plant, I can tell you that at least the plant where corn syrup is processed does NOT have a pleasant smell. The high school I graduated from was down wind. Ugh!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Yeah, but I drink Coca Cola at least a couple of times a month, they use corn syrup and don't taste like chemical soup, but the Coca Cola from the soda machine tasted bad.

<<   2  3 >>

join