It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "it's complicated" has further complicated herself...agonising choice ahead...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

AboveBoard
reply to post by TrueBrit

Hang in there, TrueBrit!
I believe you have done the right thing for yourself, and possibly helped her see how serious a matter it is.
Be good to yourself! ((HUG)) You are stronger for this, it is clear to be seen, and I applaud you for your courage.

Hold fast, Son of the Storm...

peace to you,
AB

Cheers AB, just trying to keep my grip just at the moment.

ps - every time I see you write something terribly self-depricating, I cringe!! are you a lesser soul?? hardly...
my bossiest most irrepressibly busy-body self (thank God she doesn't come out often) would like to tell you to Stop It...or...I dunno, some empty threat or other... but still...self-kindness on occasion won't turn you into an ego-maniac, TB... and I probably cringe because I do the same thing to myself... (yep, I'm a hypocrite *sigh*)

There is one thing that must be understood. I am of the opinion, that a person must always be able to look at ones self honestly, and have a laugh at ones own expense, otherwise ones head inflates to four times its original size, and detonates in an unpleasant shower of skull bone fragments, and high velocity grey matter. It may be close to the anniversary of JFK's assassination, but I would like to avoid such a fate

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

TrueBrit

There is one thing that must be understood. I am of the opinion, that a person must always be able to look at ones self honestly, and have a laugh at ones own expense, otherwise ones head inflates to four times its original size, and detonates in an unpleasant shower of skull bone fragments, and high velocity grey matter. It may be close to the anniversary of JFK's assassination, but I would like to avoid such a fate

Oh dear! Well then, I will refrain from making a long list of your awesome qualities as I would hardly want to be blamed for the mess!

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I am touched by your understanding where the structural integrity of my skull plates is concerned!

:p

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm proud of you TrueBrit! I know how difficult this must be for you. HUGS!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks for the support there Night Star, and the great frog related image! As it happens, I quite like it when it rains!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

So many of us have suffered the loss of relationship. I have been married and divorced twice. First marriage 27 years and second 8 years. Both chose to be unfaithful while I chose to be loyal and faithful. So what have I discovered about myself? Hopeless romantic? Poor judge of character? I don't know but I am certainly not anxious to jump back into a relationship even though I desperately miss connection.
I encourage you to spend some time asking yourself what it is you want in relationship and what did you contribute to the relationship failures. We only have so much time on this earth and you owe it to yourself to find some peace and happiness. Good luck my friend.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I have to say after reading everything you posted the first thing that popped into my mind was the word "Toxic".

This situation is toxic and unfortunately no matter how much you postulate, on this situation, it will not change.

I feel that you are being taken advantage of from a person that appears to have narcissistic tendency's.

A relationship be it a man or a woman's relationship is based on mutual respect for a solid foundation, if the foundation is compromised at any point the relationship has very little to stand on.

You sound like a person that deserves a stable situation, but you have to want this for yourself.

The world is not an ideal place sometimes, but that does not mean you have to be a doormat for the world to walk on you.

The only person we can change is ourselves and that is hard enough.

Good luck and peace to you,

RT

edit on 14-11-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for that. You are of course correct. The situation is a bit toxic to say the least of it. The word Pathogenic springs to mind actually .

reply to post by grayeagle

I see what you are saying, and I certainly have no intention of getting into anything with anyone at the present time. I am going to concentrate on the relationship between myself and the collection of spirits known as dark rum, and how I can make that relationship deeper and more fulfilling

Other than that, I am out for a while I think.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

True Brit,
I read through your posts and saw that you went through and did the deed. My hat is off to you for sticking to your guns and showing you have true mettle. I'm of the opinion regardless of gender most will find that your action speaks well of your character and will want to be around you for it. Sorry that she didn't pick up on this sooner and it reached it's culmination. I can only hope you go make your own happiness and if someone is lucky you will share some if it with them.

Best Regards

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

I appreciate the support QuietSpeech.

I like to think that I am pretty laid back, despite having some pretty traditionalist veiws on the way I would prefer to operate my own life. But this has been a bridge too far, and I would have been doing myself, my family, my friends, and indeed the lady in question, no favours by letting this madness go any further.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

TrueBritFood didn't taste of anything much, and making me laugh, I am reliably informed, was like trying to pull the proverbial sword from the stone.

I had something like that! I still keep it, for my future children. It's like the sword of the Silver Seed from the Ultima series. Mine has progressed though, the demon inside the crystal made a spell years ago for a portal, went dating, found a she-demon and they got kids, who also got married and went on to go to other planets.

I was at work one day in summer, at our shop. The day was hot and bright, and there had been little by way of customers that morning, but just before twelve, this woman walks into my shop. Five foot seven inches tall, slim but not fragile, with the longest plaited ponytail I have ever laid eyes on, wearing a plaid skirt, workboots and a black vest top. She searched around the walls, looking for something, and like the professional I am, I saw this, and asked if I could help, and it was only then that she turned toward me, and the full force of her smile smacked me clean in the head.

You have been setup, mothers were involved, you might as well consider yourself married from birth, you should study arranged marriages, including how the Royal families handle it.

Anyway guys, sorry to have bought such crappy tidings to the boards, but I really needed to just... Let it out. For one thing, you guys are like a second family to me, and I suppose it's only right that you ought to know what's going on with me. For another, I respect you all, and your opinions, and I need to know what you people think about what's happening, whether you maybe have any ideas that I haven't had, that might be better than my own with regard to navigating this absolute crapstorm. Thanks for reading.

edit on 9-11-2013 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

Glad somebody gave you permission to type this. Hopefully one of them will listen and direct a female to your post to clarify this for you. As for weather, # can't fly unless it was a pile of # placed for you while others pretended they could summon a storm because tornadoes can move #. Mentally speaking wind refers to "pneuma" or life's breath. The easy way out is to go to Church and confess you thought such things were possible.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Dragonfly79

TrueBritFood didn't taste of anything much, and making me laugh, I am reliably informed, was like trying to pull the proverbial sword from the stone.

I had something like that! I still keep it, for my future children. It's like the sword of the Silver Seed from the Ultima series. Mine has progressed though, the demon inside the crystal made a spell years ago for a portal, went dating, found a she-demon and they got kids, who also got married and went on to go to other planets.

I was at work one day in summer, at our shop. The day was hot and bright, and there had been little by way of customers that morning, but just before twelve, this woman walks into my shop. Five foot seven inches tall, slim but not fragile, with the longest plaited ponytail I have ever laid eyes on, wearing a plaid skirt, workboots and a black vest top. She searched around the walls, looking for something, and like the professional I am, I saw this, and asked if I could help, and it was only then that she turned toward me, and the full force of her smile smacked me clean in the head.

You have been setup, mothers were involved, you might as well consider yourself married from birth, you should study arranged marriages, including how the Royal families handle it.

Anyway guys, sorry to have bought such crappy tidings to the boards, but I really needed to just... Let it out. For one thing, you guys are like a second family to me, and I suppose it's only right that you ought to know what's going on with me. For another, I respect you all, and your opinions, and I need to know what you people think about what's happening, whether you maybe have any ideas that I haven't had, that might be better than my own with regard to navigating this absolute crapstorm. Thanks for reading.

edit on 9-11-2013 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

Glad somebody gave you permission to type this. Hopefully one of them will listen and direct a female to your post to clarify this for you. As for weather, # can't fly unless it was a pile of # placed for you while others pretended they could summon a storm because tornadoes can move #. Mentally speaking wind refers to "pneuma" or life's breath. The easy way out is to go to Church and confess you thought such things were possible.

Thanks for posting. I have but one pressing question Dragonfly79...

What did that post mean?
edit on 21-11-2013 by TrueBrit because: Edit to improve accuracy of the post

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It has been a while. I pray that all is going well for you.

I had a friend that I loved dearly. He became a friend of mine through my brother's wife. We happened to share an interest in a number of things that few people found interesting or time worthy. He was an amazingly bright individual. He was kind, funny and almost anyone that met him fell in love with him, his only flaw was that he was completely blind to his own inner beauty and never saw himself worthy or deserving of true love. So he always imprinted on those women that could hone in on his weakness like a heat seeking missile. They each skillfully attached themselves to him and when they had sucked him emotionally dry, they tucked him into their junk draw to pull out whenever he was of benefit to them.

No matter how many of his true friends, or how often we tried to open his eyes to the game that was being played, he refused to see. I don't know what happened to Jeffrey. I couldn't watch the self flagellation, any more. The few friends that still cross paths with him say little has changed, he is either being being beaten or beating himself, when they run into him, so I hope that however you have decided to deal with your situation, that you have found contentment.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

It has been dealt with, but I am not content.

Same crap, different day I guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Love

Laughably-Laboriously-Liberally
Overwhelming-Opulent--Omens
Viciously-Vindictive-Venom
Everlasting-Envelopingly Enamore

And yet we go on.

Through pain and tears, we go on.

Through laughter and fears, we go on.

Through highs and lows, we go on.

Through accolades and jeers, we go on.

Through life and death, we go on.

We start and we stop, and we go on.

Remain strong and believe in yourself; its a truly great investment.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Everybody has there poison.

I purpose to you that if she were any different or if she actually turned around and became some other person a person, someone who would drop that other guy at a dime and change her life. You would not be attracted to her, and she would not be attracted to you, and your paths would have never crossed, you would not even exist to each other.

You said yourself there have been plenty of other dudes who she is friends or friends with benefits with, one of which and in between those two types of friends you would fit into her life somewhere. You know some people do certain things because on a subconscious level they want that "attraction" and drama that it brings, just like how some people like to pick at scabs till they open up and bleed again. I purpose that your both picking at scabs, and yes you like it and it just may be your thing both of you, but in a bit different peculiar ways.

Like I said everybody has there poisons, she is yours, and he is shes. Ain't life and love grand. What else is new? But hey dude! Keep on keeping on.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Difficult as it is for you ... there are some situations in life where having done all you can to no avail only option left is to walk away .. you gave her the necessary information .. its her choice to make and hers to deal with the consequences of that choice .. you cant save them all ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join