It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's Chuck Todd: Obama 'Does Not Believe He Lied'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Chuck Todd is the Chief White House Correspondent for NBC News and does shows on MSNBC as well as other journalistic 'masterpieces'...

The other day he did that now famous interview with Obama where the President said he was sorry about the millions of health insurance cancellations happening by the thousands [after saying for years people could keep their insurance and doctors]

Todd said later in a different interview that his own take is that Obama doesn't actually believe he lied !!

Perhaps the suggestion is indicating that Obama may have some kind of "Problem" ?

Deep psychological and possibly psychiatric problems in play ? Or is Obama just a well trained actor ?

NBC's Chuck Todd scored a huge interview with President Obama Thursday and opened things by immediately drilling down on the president's relentlessly repeated lie that under ObamaCare you can keep your current insurance plan if you like it. The full interview is even more impressive than the clips that have been going around. Even after he elicits a "sorry" from Obama, Todd keeps after the point for almost ten minutes.

Ultimately, though, Todd came away with the impression that Obama doesn't believe he lied. And Todd is probably right, which is a little unnerving.

During his own interview on the Hugh Hewitt show Friday with guest host Carol Platt Liebau, Todd said, "You know, he does not believe he lied on this, and that’s the sense I get."

supporting links in the story....
NBC's Chuck Todd: Obama 'Does Not Believe He Lied'

The author of the story here is agreeing....

Obama's brazen and reckless lying is bad enough.

But if Todd is correct (and I think he is) that Obama doesn't believe or understand that he lied, that means it can and will happen again.

Things to consider;

With the classic narcissist, language is used cruelly and ruthlessly to ensnare one's enemies, to sow confusion and panic, to move others to emulate the narcissist ("projective identification"), to leave the listeners in doubt, in hesitation, in paralysis, to gain control, or to punish. Language is enslaved and forced to lie. The language is appropriated and expropriated. It is considered to be a weapon, an asset, a piece of lethal property, a traitorous mistress to be gang raped into submission. --Sam Vaknin, author, Malignant Self Love.

Pathological lying is one of the hallmark characteristics of a narcissist, who does it out of a need to manipulate and maintain control. For the immature narcissist there is an essential emotional truth: lying is an expression of his (or her) mistrust of others; and his (or her) need to maintain a fragile sense of self at all costs.

NARCISSISM, PATHOLOGICAL LYING, AND POLITICS

Hmmmm....Familiarity breeds Contempt ?

Examine the person’s reaction when they're busted in a lie. The worst thing that can happen to a pathological liar is to be busted for telling the lie.

Extreme defensiveness. Expect the person to become extremely defensive, doing whatever he or she can to pin blame on someone else.

Quickly fabricating another lie to cover up the original fib. The pathological liar will start the cover-up process quickly to ensure that their reputation remains in tact. This may include a bigger lie than the original fib––which may be quite apparent.

Vindictive and may seek revenge. Rage and anger may be another reaction stemming from being “outed”, so expect possible retaliation or vindictive behavior. Alternatively, they may feel upset that they have been caught in the act by someone who cares for them and have a tearful meltdown.

How to Spot a Pathological Liar

How Dangerous is this ?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just why

would anyone but sycophants, suck-ups to the O

think that an extreme narcissist, pathological liar etc.

would think he'd lied?

It's a way of life. Has been for decades.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Anyone who can brag that "I'm really good at killing people" has definitely got a loose psychological screw.

Washington Times

I hate to say it but the guy is a complete brain case. He makes Bush Jr look positively stable. And Bush was out of his mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Tony Blair "believed" Saddam Hussein had WMD's.

Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Dr Sam Vaknin tried to tell people before Obama was even elected, but then so did a lot of other people, it would appear that making history was more important then where we are now or where we are headed.

Quote; what can be more dangerous then a man bereft of conscience, a serial lire and one who can not distinguish his fantasies from reality as the leader of the free world... a pathological narcissist.

I doubt this will end well.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
When basically every part of your job is based on lies, at some point it becomes the truth.
Not for the people who have to hear and take the consequenses of those lies of course.. but maybe that is why it can and does become a way of living. These people never get to feel the consequenses of their lies, we do.

Another thought I got when I read the "something wrong" part was malfunctioning mind control. God knows whats really going on with the elites little puppets....

Or maybe the Obama that lied wasnt the same Obama that denied the lie... but I wouldnt put my money on that one, just thinking loud here.
Well my head is spinning enough now so Ill just thank the OP for the post

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He is a lawyer, would you expect any different?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
im sure when he made the original statements he thought that he was being truthfull..did he lie? or did he simply not know, not that that is excusable..if im invited to dinner and say that ill be there at 5 and end up getting stuck in traffic or w.h.y. and get there at 5:30 does that make me a liar?
he is a politician though so..like ALL of them born to lie
edit on 9-11-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

One of the signs of psychopathy is pathological lying and not thinking they lied even when caught.

No remorse.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

One of the signs of psychopathy is pathological lying and not thinking they lied even when caught.

No remorse.

You have met my ex then?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Battleline

[...]

I doubt this will end well.

Damn. I was afraid of that....

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

OneManArmy
Tony Blair "believed" Saddam Hussein had WMD's.

Nuff said.

So Blair supported a war on Iraq under false pretenses and Obama is waging a financial war on Americans under false pretenses.
Good point.

new topics

top topics

join