It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Journey [nov2013]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Journey

I find myself nearing the end of my journey to find a new home world. My resources in this small strange escape pod are all gone and hunger is setting in. I am floating aimlessly in unknown space and getting weaker as the minutes pass. I fear I might be the last of my kind.

My journey began from the old world. The place my life started. Life was good there at first. I had a very large family and all the resources we could ever need. As I got older my family noticed that I was different from the rest of our kind. I was stronger and looked a bit off from the rest but life went on as normal. That was until the white warriors discovered us.

Our kind is not fighters. We try to hide the best we can. Our best defense is our camouflage. We try to blend in with the locals of the worlds we live in. That is until the white warriors discover us. Then it’s over.
The white warriors are a large beast that devours us on site. Once one of them can identify our kind they all know what we look like and it over for us. This is what happened in the old world. I watched my family be destroyed in front of me. Yet they did not approach me. Perhaps my slight differences threw them off.

Next thing I know I am expelled from the world I knew and ended up in this escape pod alone and confused. Deep down inside I know this is what our kind does to survive but never thought it would happen to me.

But wait, could it be? I feel the warmth of a new world approaching. My entire body is vibrating with excitement. I can’t wait for a good meal and the chance to start a new family.
I can feel it getting warmer and warmer. Finely I can feel myself landing in a large wet world full of life and resources for the taking. As the pod merged with the water I felt my freedom in this new world. That was until I noticed directly in front of me was a white warrior. I am struck with fear and did not move. Then the ugly creature moved away as if I were no threat at all. This is great, a free world to live my life in peace.

Now its time too eat and start my new life. I quickly found a tasty large red blood cell, entered it and started multiplying a new family.

My name is Flu and I am a virus. You are my new home world.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

This is my first short story I have ever wrote. Just trying something new.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Very nice short story, love the twist at the end!

Did not see that one coming, great job.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Lovely written , you also got me at the end I thought some kind of space astronaut entered the earth ..

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I love me a story with a hook at the end. You left just enough clues to makes us think and ponder and not enough to make it obvious too early. Well done!

top topics

join