It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN To Ditch News Programming

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If they really wanted to change things up, or go for an instant way to make their station better, they should just get rid of Piers Morgan. Now, I know it's so fashionable to hate on him, but I really do strongly dislike him.

And, honestly, it's really just because he's the kind of Brit that makes me think one word: pompous. I'm not a fan of that from either side of the aisle.

I will also just go ahead and confess my bias towards him ever since his commentary on guns and the 2nd amendment.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

whatnext21
So CNN is getting rid of their news? What does CNN mean ~~ Cable News Network~~ Does this mean they change their name? Or does the middle 'N' stand for something else, 'Nauseating' perhaps? Sounds good to me, they are almost there anyway!!!

New show now, Morgan Spurlock Inside Man...way to go CNN. So where do we tune in to see the news now, in Canada it is CBC news, roll it, over and over. They are all following the same format garbage.

Time to get rid of cable. Most news sites are part of a package and CNN was the last one included in my VIP ~~Very Increased Pricing ~~ package. Not going to increase my cable bill to add other news sources it is way too high already. In fact they should be paying me to watch all of their commercials that they force me to watch. Anyone else sick of the nonstop ads?
edit on 11/9/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

If they do documentaries and reality shows, then they are really competing against the Discovery Channel and National Geographic. Why couldn't they do indepth news reporting of technology, science, arts, architecture?
Everyone I know always wants to see something like "Tomorrow's World" or "Discovery 2000" back on air.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think during the last decade they have produced more inaccurate headline news then any other major news network in western America, and that is including msnbc.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good riddance. Haven't seen any moment of credibility with them. They turn a cat story into a political thing, just like a lot of these embarrassing "news" networks. The fact that you can get more accurate information from a blog than a news outlet is pretty sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I dont blame them at all.
the government will NOT let them report real news.
so they are getting out of the game.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So it sounds like they are still keeping the CNN brand, and only going to full-time news coverage during large "deemed-newsworthy" events.

The channel will still exist, the programming will be changed. The last time I remember seeing CNN years ago during biz trips was that they re-run content most of the time. Not much will change except to run new content instead of replays. It's been a long time since I've seen television, so of course it's imo and I really don't know current tv =b

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
About damn time CNN exit the news business. No one watches them anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So cnn is turning into the history channel...amazement... i like cnn out of the three damn shame.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Thanks, but no thanks... You can keep Piers Morgan, consider it a gift from your friends across the pond

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

adjensen
Is anyone else old enough to remember when MTV played music?

Cable News Network carrying less news is not very surprising.

I can remember when the Weather station had weather instead of shows about truckers in Canada. Discovery and TLS were about educational shows and the History channel showed something other than Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

All the stations are going for the cheapest most profitable programming. I wouldn't be surprised to see Matlock reruns on Fox News or Friends reruns on MSNBC in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join