It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN To Ditch News Programming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

We are talking about a news agency.. They are not supposed to be biased at ALL!!! So it doesn't matter one bit if I am biased against them..

I never said anything about the left or the right, and was only alluding to CNN being biased and that this is wrong because it involves pure deception and propaganda.

CNN's reporters are always, and have always been very biased against conservatives, even they can't deny this fact, plus this is just common knowledge.. Me saying this doesn't mean I must be a conservative, it simply describes the visible nature of the people at CNN..

By observing CNN reporters, people could never come to the conclusion that they love conservatives, just by listening to their 24/7 biased opinions.

You are assuming since I am against CNN that everything I am saying is also biased, but it isn't at all.. What it really is, is common knowledge about them that everyone can plainly see just by simple observation, even liberals must be honest and admit that CNN is spewing nothing but things that supports the left agenda..

Sure I am biased against them, but I am not polluting what I say about them with unfounded accusations just because I don't agree with their beliefs.. everything I have said about them is the truth, and not just lopsided accusations about them.. It, in other words, has absolutely nothing to do with my particular beliefs, and is only describing their actions..

edit on 9-11-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2013 by alienreality because: fix

edit on 9-11-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Has anyone bothered to verify this at all???? Not likely. Can't find anything else about this anywhere. As if the Right Wing Slant in writing style didn't give it away enough already I'm calling B.S. on this one.

That site given as a source in the OP is done by a guy named Floyd Brown. It's nothing but a "Conjured" up propaganda source with a fancy name. BTW, ol' Floyd here, according to his site:

From 1988 until 2006, Floyd was the founding chairman of Citizens United.

You all remember Citizens United right???? The Big Time Propaganda Outlet ran by the Koch Brothers.

Come on people, think....

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I get sick of the pharmaceutical and insurance ads.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Whether it is verified or not, CNN has definitely worsened in its coverage of news and has moved to more documentary or programming style that is not news. So whether this is fact or fiction CNN is shifting and not for the better, in my opinion. Anderson Cooper has changed too and seems to rely on a panel of 'experts' to cover the angles, I hate this format and would prefer them to just report the damn news the way they used to.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It'll be nice to finally watch a movie, and not have the fake news channel on in the background,
be CNN.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The CIA infiltrated the mass media networks long ago, and despite what records say at the link, the infiltration is still ongoing. I have an uncle who works at Fox News as an assistant editor, he also worked at HLN sister channel of CNN 4 years ago. Most all stories on all networks are vetted through agents at New York Times and couple others. He has admitted seeing stories come back stamped by CIA as no-go, or certain details marked out with time table for release, the CIA controls the trickle of info to the public by mass media all setup by the original project mockingbird.

It was already released about the infiltration of media in 50's and 60's but fact is the government takeover of mainstream media happened with project mockingbird and is still ongoing.

en.wikipedia.org...

C-span will wind up being the only news channel and its government ran, free and paid for by taxpayers. Commercial free 3 channels of government sponsored news.

www.c-span.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I am sick of the Rogers Cable ads. I am also sick of the pharma ads they make you not want to take anything even though it may help you. The side effects are so frightening why would anyone take it at all. I remember my doctor telling me that these alerts are necessary in the US as there is so much class action suits that they have to disclose all and any possible.

This fear mongering has created a whole other monster as parents who should follow drs orders to administer medication are afraid they are going to cause a side effect in their children and forgo the prescription or immunization. This in my opinion is more problematic than the following of the prescribed treatment. My daughter is going through this with her little guy.

I know I am off topic here, sorry...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And nobody sees the conspiracy in all this? CNN finally reports some truthful news and now they are out of the new business?

Last night on Fox News' "Special Report" and CNN's "The Lead with Jake Tapper ," video (from 2010) aired of President Obama admitting that due to ObamaCare, "eight to nine million people … might have to change their coverage." The key words there are "have to."

2010 Video: Obama Admits Millions 'Might Have to Change Their Coverage'

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I don't know who watches this stuff, so no loss there. But one interesting thing to consider.

The "neilsen" system of measurement is flawed on purpose. No one wants to know the truth, so the traditional methods to measure audience is next to useless. That said, CNN can't measure who is forced to watch their brand of drivel. CNN is the default "news" at the gym, in the doctors office, at the mechanics, at the gas station, in the lounge, in the lobby, at the bar - I could go on.

So while no single moms during the afternoon watch it at home, that same woman watches it will waiting at the dry cleaners.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'll miss Don Lemon, one of the honest anchors. He was talking to a panel about legalizing pot and the income it could generate if the government did so. His final comment to the panel was " Why don't you smoke a joint and discuss the possibilities". Too funny, open your mind... I am not a user nor an advocate, but the government could open a whole new revenue stream if they did so, would they not?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I was flipping through channels a few mornings ago and stopped on CNN. Figured I'd watch a few minutes of morning news. I saw an ad for some JFK movie and immediately said to my other half, "WTF is this sh**? Are they seriously airing a MOVIE? On a news channel??"

It's absolutely pathetic. All around. Looking at their current line-ups, it's not like they could possibly get any worse, but it's still pathetic. Blatant ratings pandering is blatant. If they're trying to emulate the BBC somehow, it's not working, and is making them look desperate & bumbling.

I remember back in the day when they had stuff like World Report on in the early morning. It was eye-opening to teenage me, to see news from all of these countries that rarely got any attention in the news. I was so PO'd when they stopped airing it, it was like they were blatantly saying "Screw You, Congo/Moldova/Bhutan, we need politi-talk shows more." This content change-up is akin to that, "Screw the news, let's make movies!"

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

whatnext21
reply to post by violet

I am sick of the Rogers Cable ads. I am also sick of the pharma ads they make you not want to take anything even though it may help you. The side effects are so frightening why would anyone take it at all. I remember my doctor telling me that these alerts are necessary in the US as there is so much class action suits that they have to disclose all and any possible.

This fear mongering has created a whole other monster as parents who should follow drs orders to administer medication are afraid they are going to cause a side effect in their children and forgo the prescription or immunization. This in my opinion is more problematic than the following of the prescribed treatment. My daughter is going through this with her little guy.

I know I am off topic here, sorry...

Oh God, the side effects ! Take this to reduce your chance of a stroke, may cause cause strokes, heart attacks, can be fatal, on and on. I'm sick and tired of seeing Blythe Danner do the osteo break a keg one. I liked her until they overplayed that ad. Now she just plain annoys me. I'm on an osteo injection and now I hear it can cause spontaneous bone fractures. Isn't that why I'm taking it?
The abilify one drives me up the wall. An anti depressant to make the anti depressant work. Wtf? May cause suicidal thoughts....

Oh and " what's in your wallet?" With all the hasbeen actors selling capital one

I suppose this is off topic but perhaps it's why viewership went down. The repetitiveness. They wouldn't change it if they hadn't lost viewers.
Lost viewers means less businesses buying airtime to advertise. I think they lost some advertising, hence the same ones , farmers ins, flo's insurance, pharma and banks.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

I don't need verification. The CNN channel speaks for itself. It's been changing, less news and more documentaries. The final nail in the coffin was adding that guy who stuffs his face all night long.

I have to say my favorite person on that network is chad Myers the weather guy. The guy that does all the hurricane coverage.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

As a result, CNN recently announced drastic changes to its format to include more reality programming, documentaries, and other non-news offerings.

Perhaps a plan to increase the propaganda regimen.

Documentaries make it easier to tie current event agendas together and the instillment lasts longer in peoples' minds.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

THAT is exactly it.

I kept re-reading the execs statement and it makes freaking ZERO sense.

It's going to "cut into profits" to double down on mendacity!!??

WTH? He needs to be fired.

Some quotes are in order..

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
Teddy Roosevelt

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain,

This is what happens when corporations are more responsive to shareholders than consumers..……IRRELEVANCE.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

xuenchen

As a result, CNN recently announced drastic changes to its format to include more reality programming, documentaries, and other non-news offerings.

Perhaps a plan to increase the propaganda regimen.

Documentaries make it easier to tie current event agendas together and the instillment lasts longer in peoples' minds.

That's what I think as well.
The documentaries always have a ' message'.

Or it's a sign of the times to come where we no longer get news. It's not like there's a shortage on news. It seems odd to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is anyone else old enough to remember when MTV played music?

Cable News Network carrying less news is not very surprising.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

DIDN'T THID ALREADY HAPPEN 6 YEARS AGO . ALL I SEE UP THERE IS BULLFODDER

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

entropy
ˈɛntrəpi/Submit
noun
noun: entropy; plural noun: entropies; symbol: S
PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
"the second law of thermodynamics says that entropy always increases with time"
lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.
"a marketplace where entropy reigns supreme"
(in information theory) a logarithmic measure of the rate of transfer of information in a particular message or language.

Applicable here as well. CNN's been caught too many times being less than 'newsworthy' in their presentation of truth and fact. No one in their right mind could ever believe anything they're putting out in public ... and that's a real shame. There's not a single source of 'news' in the market place that's not agenda driven.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Does this mean TIME is coming back in a digital way? Ever since Time Warner bought out the magazine, TIME has been CNN. Then they wonder why it started failing miserably. CNN is garbage, TIME was not, perhaps they learned their lesson and are reversing course? Though it would have made more sense to keep CNN as "news" (lol) and create a new network for indepth documentaries, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join