It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Powerful Message From The Native Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Today if you travel to any country I presented above, and decide to interact with their indigenous culture, something goes wrong (like you were accused of murder and sentenced to death). Your family is going to get a letter from your government saying your relative died this way and they have absolutely not intention of interfering. In most of these territories it is actually illegal in relation to the respective country (Brazil, Guatemala and also Puerto Rico) to enter indigenous territory without permission.

Those of you who have suggested indigenous people related to the territory known today as the United States and Canada are not peaceful, you should try to interact with my people.

See if something goes wrong you will be fed to dogs alive, at which point your family will get a letter.

Alternatively If something goes wrong in Apache territory or anywhere else in US or Canada, they will call the FBI or the Canadian equivalent.

Any thoughts?
edit on 11-11-2013 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

though I see where you're coming from, and have learned a couple interesting things from reading your posts, I don't see how it is relevant to the wisdom in the OP's videos.. At all.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Something I have noticed on ATS: Whenever a thread goes up about native American people, there's always someone who scrambles as fast as they can to point out all of the natives' faults, and include their racist attitude and hate for native peoples. I don't understand why, because I know we have a lot of native American posters here. I think it's incredibly rude, and I would appreciate it if Skeptic Overlord and mods would do something about this. I value the traditions and the views of the Native people. No one is perfect, but I think they have a lot of wisdom and a system of knowledge that many people don't understand. It really bothers me in my heart to see all of the racist comments toward the Natives on the ATS community.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Danbones
the indians managed to last at least 12000 years, maybe if some archealogists are correct even 50 or a hundred thousand years, without bringing the continent ( the whole world really ) right to the brink of destruction the way the white man has just 400 years
edit on 9-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

And they still exist today, and struggle to hold on to their language and ancient knowledge. I feel that our indigenous people are still being wronged, in more ways than one.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i'm curious though, who are "The Native Americans" ?

in any event our people were no different then any other race, we have never claimed to be, at least not my tribe, nor any others i have ever met. we just insist that you treat us the same as all races, no better, no worse.

one thing i find amusing, besides this joke of a site, is how all the non natives look upon American Indians as if we are the only ones with past culture, look into your own respective cultures for your answers, you had prophets, you had chiefs, you had culture, now perhaps you can quit arguing about ours and argue about your own.

this site gets worse by the minute, or perhaps it's just our sick society disintegrating as we speak, in any case have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

LittleBlackEagle

one thing i find amusing, besides this joke of a site, is how all the non natives look upon American Indians as if we are the only ones with past culture, look into your own respective cultures for your answers, you had prophets, you had chiefs, you had culture, now perhaps you can quit arguing about ours and argue about your own.

It's really not about the Native Americans, or arguing who is right, or wrong, and more about the message.

The problems come when people separate themselves from everything else.

The message is about oneness and the respect for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Spookybelle
Its a myth that the Native Americans lived in harmony with nature and they were as destructive as any Europeans were. They simply did not have the technological capacity to conduct their pilfering on as large a scale.

I didn't see it mentioned, implied or alluded to that the Native Americans were themselves some 'angles of nature'. The themes here of sustainability - something we clearly have lost sight of today - and human greed.

Given the overarching principles of Native American people, its reasonable to presume that if back in their day they did in fact have the technological capacity to, say, fell entire forests, that they would have done it in the far less damaging and more prudent way than short-sighted, avaricious corporations of today go about the process.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

LittleBlackEagle

in any event our people were no different then any other race, we have never claimed to be, at least not my tribe, nor any others i have ever met. we just insist that you treat us the same as all races, no better, no worse.

this site gets worse by the minute, or perhaps it's just our sick society disintegrating as we speak, in any case have a nice day.

Ummm...but you're here too, right? And you say: "all the non natives look upon American Indians as if we are the only ones with past culture". Seems like the kind of generality that you are decrying in this thread. I can see that you've spoken from anger, but you might have used this as a teachable moment. You could have said that your ancestors did not burn down "entire regions of forests to make their hunts easier"...but that the aim was to burn out the underbrush so that new growth would attract deer, which was a main source of food and clothing. Or to clear the land for growing corn.

You might have pointed out that the Beaver Wars were prompted by the Europeans, and that the benefits to the First Nations came in the form of cloth, firearms, copper kettles, iron knives and things of obvious benefit to a stone, bone, wood and clay based technology. You could have brought up the concept of market vs reciprocity economies and the impact upon your people. You might have said that not every FN community has an 'overwhelming' amount of garbage...merely those with bad leadership, which is hardly exclusive to your people. You might have brought up some reasons for the malaise upon some communities but pointed out others that thrive.

And you might have reflected on that fact that between the racism expressed, and the 'Noble Savage' nonsense being doled out in this thread, is a lot of consideration that your people were ill-treated to say the least, and deserve much better. There's a lot you might have said.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Your view of the subject is how many native Americans feel.

edit on 093030p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You don't understand that this is the westernization of their ways, the old ways are gone, pretty much, just like the west changed the indigenous Buddhist philosophical thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Realtruth

LittleBlackEagle

It's really not about the Native Americans, or arguing who is right, or wrong, and more about the message.

The problems come when people separate themselves from everything else.

The message is about oneness and the respect for it.

which is why my post was not directed at the OP, i thought the vids were nice, just the bickering going on about who is right and who is wrong, nobody is either.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You don't understand that this is the westernization of their ways, the old ways are gone, pretty much, just like the west changed the indigenous Buddhist philosophical thought.

Actually, I make it a point to understand a fair bit since I have regular contact with the community.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

LittleBlackEagle

Ummm...but you're here too, right? And you say: "all the non natives look upon American Indians as if we are the only ones with past culture". Seems like the kind of generality that you are decrying in this thread. I can see that you've spoken from anger, but you might have used this as a teachable moment. You could have said that your ancestors did not burn down "entire regions of forests to make their hunts easier"...but that the aim was to burn out the underbrush so that new growth would attract deer, which was a main source of food and clothing. Or to clear the land for growing corn.

You might have pointed out that the Beaver Wars were prompted by the Europeans, and that the benefits to the First Nations came in the form of cloth, firearms, copper kettles, iron knives and things of obvious benefit to a stone, bone, wood and clay based technology. You could have brought up the concept of market vs reciprocity economies and the impact upon your people. You might have said that not every FN community has an 'overwhelming' amount of garbage...merely those with bad leadership, which is hardly exclusive to your people. You might have brought up some reasons for the malaise upon some communities but pointed out others that thrive.

And you might have reflected on that fact that between the racism expressed, and the 'Noble Savage' nonsense being doled out in this thread, is a lot of consideration that your people were ill-treated to say the least, and deserve much better. There's a lot you might have said.

we were here surviving in an antiquated society, in some ways better, in some ways not so much. we got beat in wars, we lost, we are still loosing, as are many. what's to say?

i don't speak in anger, just disappointment really, i quit being angry about this situation a long long time ago. what i said covered all these things when i stated, "we are the same as everyone else" it's all we ever wanted to be seen as. not savages, not noble, not red skinned, not prophets, just human beings like everyone else.

our old ones handed down stories for many centuries, some have come to pass, others not. that can be said of all peoples of old. funny thing about prophecies, they aren't cast in stone, just like life isn't and can change because we can change and we do it all the time on a small scale. large scale change for the good, i think it's happening all around us. i see reasons for hope with every human being i encounter who says, hey the govt. doesn't seem to be doing things for us. i don't think the govt. really has our best interests in mind, that's real change and little by little it grows like a seed planted.

the days of segregation must end, all types of segregation because that's how the dark ones will win, if we think we are different at the core. there is nothing wrong with celebrating heritage of any kind, maintaining our cultural ways is good, for all cultures that harm no one, but thinking we know more than anyone else, or less, is foolish at best, detrimental at worse. all cultures have something good to add to the mix, so don't portray "native prophecies" as being better, it's not, it's the same message in different words.

some can say what happened to indigenous people of America was a horrible thing and in ways it certainly was, but nothing happens without reason as we are all here to learn something and we can't learn without pain and suffering. that doesn't suggest we invite it in, just that it has all happened for a good reason. when we get home, you know "Home" we can all have a laugh about how we acted while in this life time, it should be fun.

there are hard times coming, you know this, you can feel this and i think it's safe to say, the wagon must break down, before we can fix it for good. i could break out into a John Lennon song right now, but i think you get the message of what comes after the break down.

Mod Edit at Member request
edit on 11/12/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Hello,
Where do you get your facts? Prove to me that you speak the truth, and I have stories we hand down from generation to generation of how we use to be.
I really like to know where you get your facts on me and my people.

edit on 11-11-2013 by chachonee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Danbones
the indians managed to last at least 12000 years, maybe if some archealogists are correct even 50 or a hundred thousand years, without bringing the continent ( the whole world really ) right to the brink of destruction the way the white man has just 400 years

Bullspit! There is evidence the "white man" was here even before the native americans came over. They crossed over from the ice bridge, there were people here before them and I'm sure they wiped them out! Ever here over the kennewick man????

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Sago. Thanks for a well-reasoned response. I get where you're coming from, and I suspect you get where I am as well.
------------------------------------

jheated5

Danbones

Bullspit! There is evidence the "white man" was here even before the native americans came over. They crossed over from the ice bridge, there were people here before them and I'm sure they wiped them out! Ever here over the kennewick man????

I suggest you rummage around the web a little and try to get a handle on current thought on the matter. Things are changing daily, but the scenario you report is...if I may quote..."Bullspit!"
edit on 11-11-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello,
i appreciate your thread, I am not saying that the indigenous people of this continent were perfect human beings, but what I do know as a fact, we lived simple. We had universal laws that were recognized by respect.
I could easily explain how we were and how we lived, but what does that matter? How is that going to change the broken people today, lost in their beliefs(not all of us mind you) and identity crisis? I could easily argue with the best of them and point out who did what and to whom, but what good does that do? To prove a point?
You see them today Native Americans protesting and actually fighting back and becoming aggressive , but if they truly believed in their teachings and beliefs, they should know that the Great Spirit already put in place sacred beings to take care of business, so to speak.
Creation as we know it today, has gone through many troubled times and always rebounded back. Cycles upon cycles, like the paths of objects(Sun, Moon, Planets, Constellations, Etc.) greater than we can imagine are traveling in paths well worn.
If I told you the real reason why many of the true Indigenous people do not become aggressive, cause we know whats coming sooner than you think. Its not a threat mind you!
I can prove by the worlds standards of real warriors like some of mine that were given the United States of America's highest Military honor, and how if you actually come to our homes and threaten our families, we would easily die for them, no questions asked.
I can speak for myself, I am here to learn and be a better person. I have seen other Nations attempt to come around our sacred ways, and even a very few can grasp that sacred feeling. It is not a hobby, or for certain days, it is a way of life. Live that way and keep it simple.
I apologize for rambling on, get that way after i eat a big meal. I am smiling.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

jheated5

Danbones

Prove it! Let me see your facts that other nations were here first! Where do you get your facts? How do they know? Speak what you know!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would appreciate everyone stay on topic there is no sense in arguing historical facts.

I would hope unruly ego's would take awareness to the original message in the video's.

Peace,

RT

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Realtruth
I would appreciate everyone stay on topic there is no sense in arguing historical facts.

I would hope unruly ego's would take awareness to the original message in the video's.

Peace,

RT

so lets do that, whats your personal take on prophecy? what do you believe is to come, as the OP i would like to know where you feel we all stand.

as for me, well i feel it's all part of the course on "life in the 3d world" and that it takes many "courses" or lifetimes to accomplish. i believe prophecy is real, not all who speak of it are telling the truth, but there are those who do. i feel it's not cast in stone because life is not cast in stone. things change all the time and in fact nothing remains the same for very long.

i believe we are on the cusp of becoming done with this way of life, that collectively we have all but accomplished what we set out to do eons ago, and that is despite the plethora of bad things in our lives, we still remember who we are, truly who we are, without proof other than what we have inside. remembering who we are and why we're here. learning we are one, despite our apparent differences. i feel the great sufferings are coming to an end and what we have before us now is the climax of all that is wrong in our global society coming to an end. the grand finally of darkness so to speak and it's going to get worse, but very soon, much better.

the people spoke on the syrian war, we said no thanks. the people spoke on a possible iranian war, we said no thanks. the people are learning of the lies perpetuated by govts\banks worldwide, we are saying no thanks. that's growth on a global scale and that's huge.

our govt. leaders are liars, cheats, murderers and so on, but i still care about them and do not wish harm on them. that may seem strange but it's not, when you realize they came here to be those kinds of people in order to help us wake up. every now and then i too forget and get angry at dark people, but then i remember who we are and why we're here and it's okay then.

our collective goal is to remember who we are and care about each other, that's it for now and that's not so hard is it. later we can work on getting things cleaned up, we can work on healing whole communities, of living together, instead of separately together, of finding ways to live with the Earth instead of against her and each other.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join