It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Going Rogue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Everyone enjoys their partisan mudslinging and finger pointing as if it's "their team" they are defending as if it's the political NFL.
It's sickening and pathetic that people haven't moved past this by yet and ignore the fact that we're being played by both sides now.

As you have, perhaps? Read the article.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

FyreByrd

"White man speaks with forked tongue" has never been more true. It's the thanks we get from electing lawyers who are trained to lie, cheat and steal as long as they win. The laws are written by people who only see the 'letter of the law' rather then the 'spirit of the law'.
edit on 9-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

You're actually citing a "different" group of people of whom NOBODY is allowed to EVER talk about. They might look White, but certainly aren't, so please stop throwing White people under that particular bus, k thx!

The lot of you will sooner get us all out of this mess when you name the demon by his proper name.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To The OP:

I don't think that the USA is really going rogue, I think it
is being aband9ned by the REAL movers 'n shakers of the
earth. This is the result of an ego among American politics
and industry that was only able to get so large because it had
the the most awesome power on earth standing next to it. The
Central banking cartel has stepped aside and the US is on it's
own to figure out how to steer this machine.

Whether or not this was the intension of the banking cartel for
some time I suppose we will never know. It is likely that the US with
it's constitution and abundance of type A(merica) personalities
was becoming too much to contain or work with.

China is making a strong case for longevity and stability. Making
the US as easy to manipulate as China is not going to happen. The
war on terror and the creation of DHS with all its faucets and
exceptions to the law and constitution that were granted to every
federal agency was still not enough.

The US did it's best but in the end it was undone because it
promoted freedom and liberty. That worked for a time, it got
those that normally wouldn't volunteer for servitude. Now that
the world is globally connected with transportation, communication
and finance, there is no way for any nation on earth to survive
without the rest.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!! We did it for them. We connected the
Planet in a half century. That is awe inspireing.

But now that the job is done, why promote freedom and liberty?

China promotes obedience and routine... We have all the systems
and technology.

Which one would you pick to run your business?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Chomsky is a idiot. Who cares what the world thinks. We are done funding those losers. He also believes we should be disarmed so the criminals in DC can really enslave us at ease.
edit on 10-11-2013 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

wingsfan

FyreByrd

"White man speaks with forked tongue" has never been more true. It's the thanks we get from electing lawyers who are trained to lie, cheat and steal as long as they win. The laws are written by people who only see the 'letter of the law' rather then the 'spirit of the law'.
edit on 9-11-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

You're actually citing a "different" group of people of whom NOBODY is allowed to EVER talk about. They might look White, but certainly aren't, so please stop throwing White people under that particular bus, k thx!

The lot of you will sooner get us all out of this mess when you name the demon by his proper name.

And who might that "different" group be that the Natives of the Americas where speaking about?

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm addressing what Chomsky writes in this article.
I'm not widely read on his other works and am not trying to address that here.

Here's the beginnings of a few paragraphs in the story:

The Washington debacle's immediate source was the sharp shift to the right...

There is still a Republican organization...

The party is in lockstep service to the very rich and the corporate sector...

The Republican establishment...

The Republican establishment....

A few months into the Bush administration ....

Where's the equal time for Democrats?
I personally can't defend either party, it's like picking a mob family to join.
I agree with much of what Chomsky writes in other pieces but he carefully avoids some of the most important issues of our time and steps around them like a minefield (WTC 7 - "no opinion", really?) so in that sense I think he's a gatekeeper.

In the interest of balance Chomsky writes much I can agree with, like this: inthesetimes.org...

He writes of American exceptionalism as an unspoken "religion" ( I quite agree ).
I have a caveat with him because I strongly disagree with him on several important issues including MMGW.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I'm addressing what Chomsky writes in this article.

Really? By starting out with this?

Chomsky is a blazing liberal trying to maintain the façade of centrist. Every chance he gets he pokes and prods Republicans and decries the state of the Union as if the Democrats had no power at all.

I'm not widely read on his other works and am not trying to address that here.

"Every chance he gets" indicates you are not referring to one essay but many or all of them.

You then quote the beginnings of several paragraphs, entirely losing the context.

Where's the equal time for Democrats?

The Washington debacle's immediate source was the sharp shift to the right among the political class. In the past, the U.S. has sometimes been described sardonically—but not inaccurately—as a one-party state: the business party, with two factions called Democrats and Republicans.

That is no longer true. The U.S. is still a one-party state, the business party. But it only has one faction: moderate Republicans, now called New Democrats (as the U.S. Congressional coalition styles itself).

You don't see that his defining of Democrats today as moderate Republicans as a criticism? It very much is and it's not one he is alone in doling out. Some Democrats and then many of us on the Left feel that Democrats today and namely Obama himself are more accurately defined as moderate Republicans, my personal take being that Obama swings extreme hard Right in a few important areas.

The rest of his essay, when he says Republican Establishment or Republican anything... he is including Democrats as well. What he is saying is that the "Business Party" is no longer made up of Democrats and Republicans as the two factions within it but extremist Right and moderate Right. How do you miss this context?

I agree with much of what Chomsky writes in other pieces but he carefully avoids some of the most important issues of our time and steps around them like a minefield (WTC 7 - "no opinion", really?) so in that sense I think he's a gatekeeper.

Is he supposed to possess insider knowledge or something? The man lives and breathes logic, something many, many people lack in magnitude and so because he approaches the issue logically or rather states why he doesn't have an opinion on Building 7 due to lack of applying logic to the issue... he's a gatekeeper? Are you serious? Do you have the slightest clue how ridiculous you sound? That sounds like a friggin cult response...

I have a caveat with him because I strongly disagree with him on several important issues including MMGW.

LMFAO of course you do.

Peer reviewed scientific evidence of AGW vs no peer reviewed scientific evidence of any intentional destruction of WTC 7 and he's the one with the problem? LMFAO

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I have never understood how human being's could justify being exempt from the rules, the law whether it be in school, at home, in sport, in groups and associations.

I can justify it right now for you. I'm not a slave.
edit on 10-11-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

kx12x

No kidding. If I had a chance to say something directly to Noam Chomsky, it would be shut the h*** up chumpsky, you useful idiot. The fact that any Democrat is completely absent from the article is where it loses all creditability. Obama is just as bad as Bush, if not worse, whether liberals want to believe it or keep on denying it. Both we're shoddy presidents, well below par considering what our country was built upon.

Everyone enjoys their partisan mudslinging and finger pointing as if it's "their team" they are defending as if it's the political NFL.
It's sickening and pathetic that people haven't moved past this by yet and ignore the fact that we're being played by both sides now.

Useful idiot, huh? It might be revelatory information to know that Chomsky considers Obama worse than Bush, Jr. and has been saying essentially the same since prior to the election.
edit on Nov 10 2013 by Hadrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Great thread OP. I couldn't agree more. The US has indeed become the rogue state. We are looked on by other nations with a mixture of fear ("who are they going to destroy next?") and pity ("The people are fat and ignorant.") Worse, many Americans could care less about this sad state of affairs and actually mock and or ridicule those who through education and research would seek to correct this reality. Remember during the GWB years all the talk about "elitists" and "ivory towers" during election cycles? The narrative put forth was that it was better to have a down-home good-ole-boy running things than a nerdy intellectual. I take Jon Stewart's stance: The President of the US (or anywhere, or anyone in charge of a lot of humanity) should be embarassingly superior to me. We should be aiming as high as we can, not going along to get along.

Side Note on this Topic and some of it's posters: Some partisan hacks just can't help themselves I see. I am incapable of taking anyone seriously who uses the words "Liberal/Democrat" or "Republican/Conservative" in a scathing manner. I skip right over the post and forget about it like it never happened. People who cannot see that the two-party system is entirely a dog-and-pony show at best, or the pillars of our destruction at worst lack the mental acuity for me to even waste my breath or attention on. Unfortunately, though that's like 80% of America. We are so screwed.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Great Post. The United States doesn't have a "left" anymore and hasn't for a VERY long time. The leftest of the left in the US would register somewhere along the moderate right in any western nation in the world.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Malynn
reply to post by Kali74

Great Post. The United States doesn't have a "left" anymore and hasn't for a VERY long time. The leftest of the left in the US would register somewhere along the moderate right in any western nation in the world.

We havent had a left since Tony Blair and "New Labour".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join