The winds of Life Vol 1 (Who am I really )

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by BDBinc

I am my Fathers son, my childrens Father, my wifes husband.
I am he who realizes he has sworn enemies, but holds the reins
of hate for them tightly.

I am a friend not only to those I know but also to those I don't.
I cherish my God given life and would love to make him smile
by being grateful for all the world that has been given to me.

I am he who thank God and thru Christ fears no evil or death.
I am truly a child of God. By faith and thru grace.
For I am a sinner and I know I am evil and unworthy and a
hypocrite.

But I am also he who is made of clay destined to be my
Creators perfect work.

Would that suffice ?

Only if it will suffice for you as the answer to who you are.

And you are perfect already(you just don't know it) you create enemies to hate and sin when you think you are just the clay vessel,evil, unworthy and a hypocrite.

Life, this breath is a gift to be seen as it is. And you do when you feel it.
When that gratitude for the blessing of breath fills the heart there is no evil unworthy hypocrite(So that you are not what the mind thinks).

Its a great question. Most important one of all.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Thank you and to all who braved their sails here.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

On this your thread on the question- Who am I
Why did you think people would be reluctant to tell stories, if they are happy or not, thoughts of what they do/did and how others perceive them ?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Why did you think people would be reluctant to tell stories, if they are happy or not, thoughts of what they do/did and how others perceive them ?

Yes I believe you have it. And the thread hasn't exactly
broken any records has it ?
And Vol 2 would have asked a different question but I
can hardly find reason to ask it considering the amount of
interest. So go the masses.( shruggs )

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by BDBinc

Yes I believe you have it. And the thread hasn't exactly
broken any records has it ?
And Vol 2 would have asked a different question but I
can hardly find reason to ask it considering the amount of
interest. So go the masses.( shruggs )

Its a strange reluctance to answer this question on ATS -the interest is there.
All the time in this forum there is heated debates on it, when you ask "Who am I" some people think they are their egos.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Who am I really ?

I am the one who asks these questions. The act of asking the question in turn answers it.

By the way, your writing is quite pleasant—a rarity among these boards. I look forward to more volumes.
edit on 12-11-2013 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

As per your request my good man.
And I relish the compliment.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Who are you in deep sleep?
Who are you when nothing is being "done" by the body mind just breathing?

When you say I am the one who asks these questions.
Who is this "I" ?
Is it the person that thinks he asks questions- But the answers always come from the questions.

If the answers come from the act of questioning then do the questions come from the act of answering (the answer is in the question)?
The idea/thought of doing is surely not who you are?

Who is the one who asks these questions?
If the act of asking the question in turn answers it then you have no answers only questions?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

Who are you in deep sleep?

The same one who asks questions when he asks questions, is the same as the one who sleeps when he sleeps.

Who are you when nothing is being "done" by the body mind just breathing?

The one who is trying his hardest to do nothing.

When you say I am the one who asks these questions.
Who is this "I" ?
Is it the person that thinks he asks questions- But the answers always come from the questions.

I am the one who asks these questions. The answer is right there.

If the answers come from the act of questioning then do the questions come from the act of answering (the answer is in the question)?
The idea/thought of doing is surely not who you are?

No that's not what I meant at all. By asking the question "who am I?", we are answering it. Meaning, the one who asks the question, is the answer.

Who is the one who asks these questions?
If the act of asking the question in turn answers it then you have no answers only questions?

It's simple. Where do the words come from when you ask a question? Look in the mirror and try speaking. You can witness from where these words come from. You can see it as its lips move, as it breathes, as it watches itself. We can see what it looks like. We can feel it, smell it, hear it. Try it sometime.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

What is it with people and thinking that there's a dozen different entities which apparently all defy the definition of such a label all working in tandem with the one entity that DOES fit the label?

Everything we do is what we are. Everything we think is what we are. Everything we feel is what we are. There is no divide between us, our thoughts, our actions, and their consequences on us.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You have no self consciousness when in deep sleep, so how do you know with such certainty who you are (your "I" ) during deep sleep? You say you are the "I" who is asking questions, so do you remember the questions you ask in deep sleep, do you have continuity or the self consciousness during deep sleep? Or is it just something you think when you wake up.

Where do the words come from when you ask a question, I can't witness where the words come from when you ask a question in a mirror. When I look in the mirror I cannot see a question .
I cannot trace the words as they appear in the mind (then through the body speech is produced) . Your feeling of wanting to know "Who am I" is not visible to me in a mirror. Looking in the mirror I can just say I can sense a body and if I identify with it and think of it as MINE, as I as all I am, then I would also just think that is my "I" identity .
You are alive when you look in the mirror but can you see life in the mirror, you cannot see everything but just because you cannot see it in a dirty ol mirror does not mean it does not exist.

First you had answered me "The act of asking the question in turn answers it." I would say that answer is bang on.
" By asking the question "who am I?", we are answering it." You said WE not I.
"Meaning, the one who asks the question, is the answer."
edit on 15-11-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by BDBinc

What is it with people and thinking that there's a dozen different entities which apparently all defy the definition of such a label all working in tandem with the one entity that DOES fit the label?

Everything we do is what we are. Everything we think is what we are. Everything we feel is what we are. There is no divide between us, our thoughts, our actions, and their consequences on us.

I do not know why people think they have to be something other than awareness .

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I do not know why people think they have to be something other than awareness .

This awareness possesses a vessel that I very much prize for reasons that are very much self-evident.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When you are not doing who are you?
When you are not thinking who are you?
When you are not feeling who are you?
In deep sleep who are you?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

You have no self consciousness when in deep sleep, so how do you know with such certainty who you are (your "I" ) during deep sleep? You say you are the "I" who is asking questions, so do you remember the questions you ask in deep sleep, do you have continuity or the self consciousness during deep sleep? Or is it just something you think when you wake up.

I don't ask questions when in deep sleep. I sleep when in deep sleep.

Where do the words come from when you ask a question, I can't witness where the words come from when you ask a question in a mirror. When I look in the mirror I cannot see a question .
I cannot trace the words as they appear in the mind (then through the body speech is produced) . Your feeling of wanting to know "Who am I" is not visible to me in a mirror. Looking in the mirror I can just say I can sense a body and if I identify with it and think of it as MINE, as I as all I am, then I would also just think that is my "I" identity .
You are alive when you look in the mirror but can you see life in the mirror, you cannot see everything but just because you cannot see it in a dirty ol mirror does not mean it does not exist.

Words come out of the mouth. This is why people put microphones near their mouths. We can only witness words when we write them down, or type them. How do we write or type? With our hands. Watch yourself as you type, and you will see that pushing a key puts a letter on the screen. We can make words of these letters. The same entity you see in the dirty ol' mirror is the same entity typing and speaking and sleeping and thinking and feeling and identifying.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
MY question was who are you in deep sleep?
When you answer you THINK you are "the one that asks questions' you are not that person/act of doing "the one who asks questions" in deep sleep.
Yes you in deep sleep when you are in deep sleep -but who are you in deep sleep?

You can't witness the words forming in the mind ,vocal cords moving or words coming from the mouth ( in a mirror all you can see the body's mouth moving and can hear sounds).
When you think of words can you see them in the body? Words are the tools of the mind you can't see them form in the body when you look in the mirror.
You look in the mirror and you see a body, you think the body is all you are.
You are making foundation-less assumptions of who you are in deep sleep.
edit on 19-11-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

MY question was who are you in deep sleep?
When you answer you THINK you are "the one that asks questions' you are not that person/act of doing "the one who asks questions" in deep sleep.
Yes you in deep sleep when you are in deep sleep -but who are you in deep sleep?

I am the one who is in deep sleep. It just so happens to be the same one who asks questions.

You can't witness the words forming in the mind ,vocal cords moving or words coming from the mouth ( in a mirror all you can see the body's mouth moving and can hear sounds).
When you think of words can you see them in the body? Words are the tools of the mind you can't see them form in the body when you look in the mirror.
You look in the mirror and you see a body, you think the body is all you are.
You are making foundation-less assumptions of who you are in deep sleep.

We can't witness words form in the mind because words do not form in the mind. Words do not form in the body. They only take form when spoken or written. Words are not tools of the mind. If they were tools of the mind, and not the body, the body wouldn't think, speak or write them. Minds cannot speak or write words.

I look in the mirror and see me. You look at yourself and see only a body.

Actually, the body is a great foundation. Why don't you tell me your foundation and we'll see if there is any there?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

How can you possibly say you know who you are in deep sleep ( you are not self conscious in deep sleep but claim you are ). As you say you don’t ask questions in deep sleep, if you think you are “the one who asks questions” then in sleep that cannot be who you are (dependent on a state of asking questions).

What are you building that your body is great foundation for ?{ a body disintegrates}.
Why start building your ‘who am I’ on the body? . It is not even the body that comes up to you and tells you that you think you are the body.
My foundation is awareness.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

How can you possibly say you know who you are in deep sleep ( you are not self conscious in deep sleep but claim you are ). As you say you don’t ask questions in deep sleep, if you think you are “the one who asks questions” then in sleep that cannot be who you are (dependent on a state of asking questions).

"Knowing" doesn't occur in deep sleep. Deep sleeping occurs during deep sleep. So I am that which is in deep sleep. Like I said before, that same entity that sleeps, also asks questions. It does many things, but I'm sure you know this already.

If you've ever seen someone who is in deep sleep, you can infer quite easily that they are the same entity they were when they were awake.

What are you building that your body is great foundation for ?{ a body disintegrates}.
Why start building your ‘who am I’ on the body? . It is not even the body that comes up to you and tells you that you think you are the body.

I'm not building anything. I am already built.

It is the body that tells me that I think I am the body. It is the body that thinks, breathes, circulates blood, digests fuel, senses its surroundings, sleeps, thinks, speaks, asks questions and lives. To say that I am not that is to say I am not alive.

My foundation is awareness.

Without the body, you wouldn't be aware. Your foundation is built on the body, even though you say otherwise.

edit on 20-11-2013 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am a new father, who doesn't want to make the same mistakes as the father before me.

I am a man who doesn't follow and would rather walk alone, blazing the path that my heart wants to follow.

I am the man who still has the heart of a child and wants to play with everyone.

I am the man who survives even the worst of scenerios and strives to be successful in my way, not the worlds way.

I am the man who values my friends and family over monetary and worldly.

I am the man who at the end of the day is still lost on who I am.

If I am this, this is succeptable to change as the wind that I ride is not constant and changes. As change is the only constant one has in there lives.

And though I walk this path alone, I keep my friends close and enemies closer so that I may see myself in there eyes and understand that which I do not know or understand.

I am a man.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join