It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Messages in the Gospel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The Flood Judgement

Enoch was a prophet, and his father built a city and named it, Enoch, after his son. Enoch had a son named Irad. The meaning of Irad could mean two things, City of Witness or Fugitive On A Rebound.

Irad etymology

Now, Enoch was a prophet(Jude1:14-15), and his son's name is City of Witness(Enoch). Enoch was blessed with another son and when this son was born Enoch was given a vision concerning the flood. Enoch named him Methuselah. Methuselah comes from the root muth that means death and from shalach which means to bring. The name Methuselah then means "his death shall bring."

Methuselah's life became a living prophecy and a testament to God's mercy with us, and it is fitting that Methuselah is the oldest person spoken of in the Bible.

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance (Second Peter 3:8-9)

And of course the same year Methuselah died the flood came.

Other Names

I could spend the time breaking down the etymology of each name, but to save me some time I am just going to list the names and their English counter part.

Names below broken down

Adam- Man
Seth- Appointed
Enosh- Mortal
Kenan- Sorrow
Mahalalel- The Blessed God
Jared- shall come down
Enoch- Teaching
Methuselah- his death shall bring
Lamech- Despairing
Noah- Rest

Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow (but) the Blessed god shall come down teaching (that) his death shall bring (the) despairing rest.

Gods plan has been laid out since the beginning my friends. He is coming soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Great thread. I think Chuck Missler has a video similar to this.

edit on 9-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I am not sure here, if you are using the thousand day=year and thousand year=day, then wouldn't Methuselah have been 9,690 years old? And if it is the opposite, then how many days are in a year?

Currently 365, so then by that calculation, the math is mindboggling right now...

That would put Methuselah either almost 10,000 years old, or 3,536,850 years in our current earth time?

I might have the calculation wrong...but using that method of calculation you propose and I have heard many Christians use it, then Methuselah should have been quite very much older.

Oh, I did miscalulate..let's see,

365 days a year. So one day = a thousand years...365,000 years/year.

969 years times 365,000 = 353,685,000

I was well off.

Already then, by using your calculation method, already places the earth over 350,000,000 years. So much for a young earth theory.

But I used today's number of days. Let someone else count the math for the proper number of years.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hmmm...well, let me know when he gets here so I can back my bags for warmer weather. I intend to win this game, with or without his approval.
edit on 9-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I named my so Kenneth, for many reasons.
1, Kenny is short for Kenneth, as in Kenny Dalglish (Liverpool F.C. legend)
2, Kenny F$%kin' Powers.
3, Because we live in Thailand now his name is 'Ken'. It blends in with the local kids names.
4, My wifes name is Kwan so the K + K is cool for txt mssgin'.
5, In Thailand children always get a nickname a birth which usually is an ugly name like 'pig' or 'toad' or some other 'ugly' name as to ward off evil spirits so they won't attack the child.. as for me, Kenneth is a Gaelic word meaning 'Born of fire'., so there's not many evil spirits gonna F with him with a name like that.
He was born on the 6th of October 2011.

Just thought I would post that because everyone is tired of reading the same oul' straw-clutchin' #e in every cryptic bible thread going in this site.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

Ha! That made me laugh. Thank you.
edit on 9-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Another question, if Irad has no Hebrew definition and given that it is Mesopotamian, could it be related to Iran and Iraq?

I have heard this names thing before, not saying there is nothing to it. But when you come up against a word that has no counterpart or definition within the language you are reading, perhaps finding it outside of the language you are reading is best?

Iraq in Sumerian meant "settler"
Iran means "noble one"

If these two words derive from Sumerian, then perhaps Irad does as well?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Glad you liked it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

The point of the verse was to get people realize I understand that people have been saying the Rapture was going to happen for years, but the fact that it hasn't happened yet is because God is patient with us, not because it is not coming. Although you seem to be just trolling, the verse uses a day is like a thousand years ect. is a metaphor telling us that God does not view time as we do.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

The point of the verse was to get people realize I understand that people have been saying the Rapture was going to happen for years, but the fact that it hasn't happened yet is because God is patient with us, not because it is not coming. Although you seem to be just trolling, the verse uses a day is like a thousand years ect. is a metaphor telling us that God does not view time as we do.

I am not trolling, I am interested in these things. And it is amazing how the Bible encodes itself like that, no human intervention can cause that. Otherwise that's some very smart individuals.

But since people always quote that calculation when arguing about young earth vs. old age earth, I just wanted to clarify that it can't be held to the position of being the method of calculation for one aspect and then not taken literal by the same token.

Either it applies throughout the whole Bible or it shouldn't be used for just a little part. Do my questions bother you? Is that why you think I am trolling? Other posters on here know my stance, so I would assume you and I have never talked before.

I am a Christian, but you seemed to be a little challenged by me. I merely asked questions. That's not trolling, it is discussing a calculation.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

WarminIndy

ServantOfTheLamb

I am not trolling, I am interested in these things. And it is amazing how the Bible encodes itself like that, no human intervention can cause that. Otherwise that's some very smart individuals.

But since people always quote that calculation when arguing about young earth vs. old age earth, I just wanted to clarify that it can't be held to the position of being the method of calculation for one aspect and then not taken literal by the same token.

Either it applies throughout the whole Bible or it shouldn't be used for just a little part. Do my questions bother you? Is that why you think I am trolling? Other posters on here know my stance, so I would assume you and I have never talked before.

I am a Christian, but you seemed to be a little challenged by me. I merely asked questions. That's not trolling, it is discussing a calculation.

I apologize then. No questions do not offend me. I don't understand why you would apply that verse to the age of the earth.

top topics

join