It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance cancelled? Don't blame Obama or the ACA, blame America's insurance companies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Blame Obama? Blame Obamacare? Blame insurance companies? I blame anyone that wasn't bright enough to see that when people are forced to buy insurance, insurance companies will charge more, because they can. They make billions by taking in premiums and not paying out claims. Why would anyone believe that they would change this policy? Out of the goodness of their hearts, maybe?

"Insurance Industry Profits Have Doubled in the Past Five Years" Does anyone not see this headline in the future?

The "Affordable Care Act" has as much to do with affordable care as the Patriot Act had to do with patriotism.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree with you Op wholeheartedly.

If you want ATS to flag and star this,
Simply move the word "Don't " from the Obama line
and move it to just before "blame insuraunce companies "

Insuraunce cancelled ? Blame Obama or the ACA
but DON'T blame Americas Insuraunce Companies.

There that's better.
Voila ! Stars and Flags Galore.
No need to change anything else, they don't read that far.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

It's only built upon as an amendment and the states must approve!

The problem is they have not followed the constitution for too long.
There is nowhere in the constitution that federal government has the power to keep and maintain an Army, only a navy. The power they have for an army is from the state armies and Militias.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Pinocchio? Donkey??

Disney's Pinocchio Jackass Transformation (Real Full)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnamFerzNvw
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Only the part of the mandate under commerce clause was viewed by the Supreme court and also the rights of the states to avoid penalties for no complying with the ACA expansion of Medicaid, One was found unconstitutional the other only under a tax can congress enforce the mandate, but the states can no be penalized.

Still other areas of the ACA are been challenged and going to be challenged. and until Nov. 1 of this year even the TAX is been challenged again.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I love how ##SNIP## can't admit what a disaster this is even in the face of overwhelming facts. Now I keep hearing ##SNIP## saying "well it's going to move us in the right direction" "well, it moves the ball down the field" . It does neither. It makes people that work pay exhorbitant prices for healthcare they'll never be able to afford because of 5 figure deductibles while the bums get free healthcare they don't pay a penny for.
edit on Sat Nov 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

That is why I wonder about some people posting, because even in my neck of the woods those that were so much into Obama and Obamacare are talking about how they have been mistaken and how different is what they were expecting from Obama and Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Obamacare is great for the leeches, bums, and drains on society and also for the fat cats in insurance companies that already have gold plated bathroom fixtures. The suckers in the middle pay the bill as always. Oh and let me buy you a cell phone too.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Xcalibur254

Liar! Pinocchio! Deceiver!

With all the charges flying against President Obama in the on-going effort to stop ObamaCare it’s time for a reality check.

Having failed to kill the Affordable Care Act in Congress by shutting down the government the opposition is currently taking delight in charging the president with lying to the public when he said anyone who likes their current healthcare plan will be able to keep it under the new law.

Source

Just to add some balance to the hate parade against Obama and the ACA. From Fox News no less. My opinion on the ACA is still up in the air. Working in the healthcare field I know things are about to get crazy. What the end result will be though I have no idea. That same experience however lets me know that the current healthcare system is broken. It may be easy to blame Obama and the Democrats but at the end of the day the whole system is to blame for the current situation. Unfortunately that same system is what prevents us from making any meaningful change.

he created the affordable care act,so YES he is to blame!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The cancellations are all being caused by the laws and regulations.

The insurance companies can't keep the existing policies because the consolidation of all those "Essential Coverage" provisions probably don't even exist in any single policy, thus the "Grandfather" clauses were/are for the most part, unrealistic by design.

That's the tactic they used to screw everybody into paying more for policies.

And it's all in the Federal Register in 2010.
(very long and detailed...) June 17, 2010 Federal Register - 34 page snippet

Forbes story (Oct 31, 2013) has some explanation....

Mid-range estimate: 51% of employer-sponsored plans will get canceled

But Carney’s dismissal of the media’s concerns was wrong, on several fronts. Contrary to the reporting of NBC, the administration’s commentary in the Federal Register did not only refer to the individual market, but also the market for employer-sponsored health insurance.

Section 1251 of the Affordable Care Act contains what’s called a “grandfather” provision that, in theory, allows people to keep their existing plans if they like them. But subsequent regulations from the Obama administration interpreted that provision so narrowly as to prevent most plans from gaining this protection.

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

Obviously, Obama knew all this and so did the people writing his speeches and advising him how to 'talk'.

The whole trick was to keep *People* from actually knowing.

That was to make sure all upcoming elections (2010 and 2012) would be less devastating for Democrats.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's called "Obamacare".

Healthcare was screwed up long before Obama.

If poor people could pay these prices. They would not be poor.

Dumb plan. He put his name on it. He owns it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

If you support deregulation based on the foolish free market ideology, and you are looking for someone to blame for this ongoing train wreck that is our current healthcare industry, go look in the mirror.

Even if you have insurance it is a joke.

Pursuit of profit has turned our doctors into drug pushers.

The co-pay has been increased to the point, that combined with current medical fantasy billing practices, you pay the insurance companies, and then turn around and pay for your own medical care anyway.

I don't know who coined the term Obamacare, but republicans in congress filled the legislation with as many poison pills as possible, and everybody knows it.

Burning down the house.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I said its a dumb plan.

I don't know who named it Obamacare. It's a dumb plan.

Has anyone in DC ever met a poor person?

They don't pay monthly insurance premium through their secure internet connection.

The plan is just dumb. To blame the Republicans is just desperate.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

schuyler
The insurance companies are NOT to blame. Insurance is being cancelled BECAUSE the existing plans do not meet the ACA requirements, even if you liked them. The new governmental requirements forced insurance companies to cancel plans that did not meet them. In most cases the insurance companies are offering new plans that are more expensive. Why are they more expensive? Because they cover those new required areas that weren't in the old plans.

Well put.

It's all about making everything fair.
Why should a 60 year old man be exempt from paying for abortion coverage?
Why shouldn't a 25 year old woman be forced to have prostate exams covered in her policy?

Oh yeah, because it's moronic. and stupid.
Of course our government spends 85 billion a day and is printing and borrowing 60 billion of that. They obviously know how to destroy a currency, job market and an economy.
So why shouldn't we let a group of psychotic lunatics (politicians) be in charge of making our healthcare cost more and work less???
All in the name of fairness.

Well,
It's fair now.
We're all screwed.

edit on 9-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
double post
edit on 9-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Is it dumber than free market economics?

I think not.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

poet1b

Is it dumber than free market economics?

I think not.

I don't think the government running Healthcare is free market economics.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

How about a gun to your head? Is that free market economics?

Is corporate controlled insurance free market economics?

Is there such a thing as a free market?

Cause, IMO, free market economics is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, a foolish childhood fantasy.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Insurance cancelled? Don't blame Obama or the ACA, blame America's insurance companies

That's a load of bunk. Obamacare is directly responsible. And that means Obama is because it's HIS pet project. WIthout Obamacare, none of the policies would have been canceled. Anyone who says Obama and Obamacare aren't to blame .... shame on you.

edit on 11/10/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

And the people who wrote the legislation, who did not want the plan to work, have no responsibility?

What about the people who deregulated the healthcare and insurance companies?

You don't see them having any responsibility for the train wreck that is our health care system?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join