It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More lawsuits filed over Milwaukee police strip searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here we have yet another example of the ever-increasing violation of individual civil rights by the police.

More lawsuits filed over Milwaukee police strip searches

Lawsuits over strip searches by Milwaukee police continue to pile up in federal court, with the latest filings bringing the total to at least 20 plaintiffs.

The federal civil rights violation claims started in July, shortly after one former police officer at the center of most of the complaints, Michael Vagnini, was sentenced to 26 months in prison for illegal rectal searches and misconduct in office.

Doesn't it seem like the cops are doing a lot more digging in peoples' butts lately?

According to her suit, Monica Acevedo — who was 16 at the time — and her father were just leaving home for her school one morning in April 2011 when they were stopped by officers who surrounded Acevedo's house and ordered her and her father out of the car.

Acevedo says officer Jasmine Pasho took her inside the home, and into a bathroom, ordered her to take off her jeans and then groped her genital area.

Groping the crotch of a 16-year-old girl? "To serve and protect", yeah right!

Joe Bohannon, 36, claims he was driving in April 2008 when he was stopped, ordered out of his car and subjected to a public anal search by Vagnini, who pulled a plastic bag of coc aine from Bohannon's anus while Vagnini's partner watched.

According to his lawsuit, filed late last month, Bohannon elbowed Vagnini to get away but was chased down, caught and repeatedly struck and kicked by both officers and others who had come to the scene.

Ha! So you see, it's justified. This last quip from the article proves the modern cop theory that if you dig in enough butts and vaginas, eventually you will find coc aine. And then, apparently, you can sneak in a little beat-down for extra fun. Welcome to the new age.

I don't think the lawsuits are going anywhere, nor will they change the direction of the police state.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

The solution to the problem is obvious
however I will not have another 1000 pts docked by by sheeple-mods for pointing it out.
[as has occurred twice now]. perhaps when they or theirs are forcibly subjected to cavity searches by these Sodomites*, they'll see things in the proper perspective.

on another note, the usual apologists seem to be avoiding threads exposing the uptick in the level of abuse, and are now taking recourse to posting "positive police stories" PR threads in order to push threads like these off the page, and failing miserably, btw.

as I've pointed out elsewhere, it is becoming obvious where former gitmo employees migrate to when their term is up and who is hiring them.

perhaps ladies in milwauke, new mexico, etc. should start using those south african anti-rape inserts?

[*The Sodomites AKA Sons of Belial were not homosexuals per se, but state sanctioned gangs of murderous rapists used to keep the subject population under strict control via terror ]

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

What I am sad about is that there are only "lawsuits" and not criminal proceedings for the cops abusing people. Lawsuits will not make these assholes change behavior as the most they can lose is their job.

I want to see a cop that gropes a 16 year old girl, put on the sex register list and in jail like any other man who would do the same thing. Cavity searches should NOT be performed by the cops themselves but by medical professionals with a court order. Period.

Anyway, who watches the watchers eh?

Also update, I don't think anyone should be put on a sex register list but at same time I am stating that cops should be held to the same moral standard as citizens. If a 19 year old guy can be a lifetime sex register for having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend, a cop groping a sixteen year old without warrant should be as well.
edit on 9-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

So if a cop gets a warrant you have no problem with them groping a 16 yr. old girl?

Hmmm, not sure I would agree with that.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Please read the entire post, thank you.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

OrphanApology

I did and am limiting my critique to only that one point. I could also argue that anyone can be shown how to do a cavity search in about 2 minutes and you do not need to be medically trained for years to learn the techniques or how you say that police should be put on a sex registry list even though you don't think anyone should be put on a sex registry list.

Instead, I only referenced your statement that cops should not grope unless they have a warrant. I don't think that law enforcement should ever grope, warrant or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

That's actually not what I said. My statement had no "opinion" it was simply stating that a cop without a warrant was groping a sixteen year old girl.

I stated my opinion in the above when I stated cavity searches should only be performed by a medical professional with a court order. This is not the case in most places, but it is my opinion. Also them being done by a medical professional has nothing to do with whether someone else "can" do a cavity search. Cavity searches are easy, I do them on my girlfriend all the time. However, the reason you limit it to only medical professionals is to help mitigate the risk of abuse by police officers.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

OrphanApology

That's actually not what I said. My statement had no "opinion" it was simply stating that a cop without a warrant was groping a sixteen year old girl.

I stated my opinion in the above when I stated cavity searches should only be performed by a medical professional with a court order. This is not the case in most places, but it is my opinion. Also them being done by a medical professional has nothing to do with whether someone else "can" do a cavity search. Cavity searches are easy, I do them on my girlfriend all the time. However, the reason you limit it to only medical professionals is to help mitigate the risk of abuse by police officers.

Are you implying that medical professionals are all morally superior to everyone else and that they never commit acts of abuse?

So you are arguing that prisons must now also employ extra medical personal to perform the required cavity searches that corrections often perform on a routinely daily basis?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

In one word- Yes.

It's due process.

Am I stating that medical professionals always do the right thing? No.

But here is how an exam at a doctors office for a woman works: You have the doctor and a female nurse in the room with you.

This is to mitigate the risk of abuse, not to eliminate it.

You cannot fully eliminate risk, you can only mitigate it. The same can be said of abuse by government officials.

I suppose you believe that government should have unlimited rights to peoples bodies and lives, as I have read many of your posts. I do not hold that belief however and think that due process should always be followed to mitigate the risk of abuse as much as possible. In the case of cavity searches, there should be more than just the decision of a particular officer in whether one should be performed.

In the example of prison. A male guard SHOULD not be allowed to perform cavity searches on a female inmate (or male even) for example. There should be a medical professional on site, as there usually is and they should be the ones to perform the search. If not, one should be brought in. This will reduce assault from prison guards, which in many places is all too common.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Male guards do not perform cavity searches on females and I don't think you will find many that would be upset if you were to pull this responsibility from them and give it to a nurse.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

OrphanApology

don't feed officer troll or trollop as may be the case.

especially when they're the self admitted kind.

getting back on topic regarding these graduates from gitmo
perhaps a few of these sexual predators will wind up looking like saracens

after meeting vlad the impaler

top topics

join